News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Diversions

Started by JB93, April 21, 2013, 01:23:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony

Buses are currently diverted off Albert Street & Dale End towards Corporation Street due to the roadworks that have uncovered the original tramtracks I mention in the other thread. The contractors have put this sign up to make sure buses don't go up there

Tony

The sign doesn't work though, and this driver had to reverse back up the road to avoid going under a low bridge

Michael Bevan

WA934 on diversion due to an accident on Beacon Road. Going towards Walsall, it turns right at Buffet Island, following the Dual Carriageway to The Queslett pub. When it reaches the island where The Queslett is located, it turns left and follows the 997 route all the way to Barr Beacon. To Birmingham is reverse of above. However the diversion is causing major delays to the 934/5/6/7/7A.

Michael Bevan

Park Road is closed on the 9 route from Colly Lane to Park Lane. So the 9 is currently on diversion following the 002 route to Netherend Lane then the 004 route back to the 9 route by Park Lane.

Ronnoc

YW's 3 is on diversion.

karl724223

Diversions around merry hill tonight due to road closures at merry hill resurfacing

GeminiFan1991

Theirs a car crash on Sutton Road in Erdington and I saw 1875 just behind it with hazards on indicating he couldn't really go anywhere. I'm assuming a diversion will take place for all routes inbound to Erdington
Please check out my Bus Photos @

https://www.flickr.com/photos/128406405@N06/

John

Quote from: GeminiFan1991 on February 19, 2016, 07:40:46 PM
Theirs a car crash on Sutton Road in Erdington and I saw 1875 just behind it with hazards on indicating he couldn't really go anywhere. I'm assuming a diversion will take place for all routes inbound to Erdington

Might use Orphanage Road from The Yenton down to Erdington Fire Station to come out at the end of the High Street

John

I've just popped down to the garage, and there is currently a Police van blocking the road (not the underpass) at the stop after Wellhead Lane into City on the main A34 heading up to Perry Barr island.

I guess 33/907s are using Wellhead Lane to Aston Lane, and turning right to the island. 51/52s might be using the overpass and coming off at the first junction to regain normal route

Due to an accident on Broad Street all services that serves Broard Street are diverted - 22, 23, 24, 29, 9, 140, 141, 127, 128, 129.
There are also around 15 buses stuck on Broad Street with possibly a 494* E400 parked at the front.

The diversion for Harborne Serives is -
Normal line of route until Broad Street - then - Broad Street, Sheepcote Street, St Vincent Street, Summer Hill Street, Summer Hill Road, Newhall Hill, Graham Street, Newhall Street, Lionel Street, Ludgate Hill, Great Charles Street Queensway, Livery Street, normal line of route till Suffolk Street Queensway, Then its Great Charles Street Queensway, Newhall Street, Graham Street, Newhall Hill, Summer Hill Road, Summer Hill, Street, St Vincent Street, Sheepcote Street, Broard Street, Normal Line Of Route -

Hagley Road services are diverted towards the City Centre only - Normal line of route until Broad Street - then - Broad Street, Sheepcote Street, St Vincent Street, Summer Hill Street, Summer Hill Road, Newhall Hill, Graham Street, Newhall Street, Lionel Street, Ludgate Hill, Great Charles Street Queensway, Snow Hill Queensway, Normal Line Of Route.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

John

Do we know which diversion route the 51/X51s were taking today with the Birmingham Road been closed?

The only way I can see is to use Broadway to Sutton Road, and over the Beacon to Asda Queslett, and Queslett Road to Scott Arms. A lengthy diversion missing out a lot of stops (for the 51 anyway)

Tony

Quote from: John on February 24, 2016, 08:03:25 PM
Do we know which diversion route the 51/X51s were taking today with the Birmingham Road been closed?

The only way I can see is to use Broadway to Sutton Road, and over the Beacon to Asda Queslett, and Queslett Road to Scott Arms. A lengthy diversion missing out a lot of stops (for the 51 anyway)

That was the one!

Michael Bevan

900 on diversion in Allesley. We firstly missed out Allesley Village (I'm not sure if this is part of the diversion) and went straight down Pickford Way. Holyhead Road is shut so we've been diverted down Allesley Old Road then Four Pounds Ave before returning to normal line of route.
Also been diverted straight over the Ring Road to Pool Meadow since a lot of the City Centre is shut due to a Marathon.

JoNi

This is the one information poster put up by NX in the city centre. Good luck if you want to find out where routes are diverted and don't have access to Internet. Surely all OAPs are smartphone enabled in the 21st century.
https://www.flickr.com/gp/92409298@N06/YG4089

Kevin

Apparently later this week Hamstead Hill is closed again for resurfacing. Official diversion is apparently in place for the 54/54A (even though I'm sure it's finished by the time the works start) to run direct from Hamstead to Perry Barr, then round to Handsworth Wood to pick up the route back to Perry Barr.
Had to lol at that one
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk