News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Diversions

Started by JB93, April 21, 2013, 01:23:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Ossie

Diversions and traffic chaos around Walmley this lunchtime.  Not sure where the problem actually lies, but Igo's 167 and 168 certainly going off piste and heading through the Village rather than the "Oak 'n Ash" estate.  I don't think any NXWM services are on diversion, but the 71 etc. are subject to 5-10m delay, I reckon.  Also two northbound 914's noted running within a minute of each other, so possibly problems elsewhere as well?

Westy

Cock up by driver or maybe pre planned between the 39 & 79 drivers?

1884 has missed out Rough Hay on the 39!

Ossie

Advance notice has been given of major repair works to the Riland Road / Coleshill Road (Sutton Coldfield) railway bridge, being planned for February 2016 and lasting between 14 and 18 weeks, depending on whether you believe Network Rail or Birmingham City Council.  Not sure if they're planning a major repair or a complete rebuild like the adjacent Rectory Road bridge.

With that bridge totally closed, there will have to be diversions to the 15, 71, 75, 110, 167, 604, 904 and 914.  I'm assuming that the outbound services will have to use Mill Street, Coleshill Street and down under the Rectory Road bridge to Good Hope, with the 604 and 167 peeling off down Riland Road and left onto Coleshill Road, back on route (I think that will still be viable).  Inbound services will presumably run the reverse, and round the ring road to access South Parade for the Sutton terminating services.  Unless John at PB or anyone else has heard anything different ....

In any event it sounds like a great recipe for traffic chaos.  The roundabout at Holy Trinity Church, with buses waiting to turn right into Coleshill Road, has pretty good potential for major tailbacks in all directions!  As I understand it, householders are to be leafleted in the new year with suggested alternative routes for car-drivers.  The cynic in me suggests it might be better to work from home .....

NXWM Spectra

All services using Broad Street in Wolverhampton are diverted this afternoon. The gates are across the road with a HGV in the middle.

Towards the bus station, the diversion for the 2, 10, 11, 32 and 33 is Stafford Street, Lichfield Street, Pipers Row, Ring Road, bus station and back to normal line of route.

Trident 4609

Quote from: NXWM Spectra on December 09, 2015, 04:36:07 PM
All services using Broad Street in Wolverhampton are diverted this afternoon. The gates are across the road with a HGV in the middle.

Towards the bus station, the diversion for the 2, 10, 11, 32 and 33 is Stafford Street, Lichfield Street, Pipers Row, Ring Road, bus station and back to normal line of route.

A teenager has been stabbed on Broad Street.

NXWM Spectra

Quote from: Nathan on December 09, 2015, 04:40:34 PM
A teenager has been stabbed on Broad Street.

Not a nice one at all then. There seemed to be no sign of the emergency services when I saw it so I did question why it was closed.

Tony

WB 42/43 currently on diversion in the Bourne Avenue area due to a broken down Diamond bus

Trident 4609

255/6 currently on diversion from the Penn Rd due to a police incident.

Squiz1971

Quote from: Nathan on December 28, 2015, 10:30:08 AM
255/6 currently on diversion from the Penn Rd due to a police incident.
Apparently a woman's house blew up due to gas explosion. It was on the news 8:00 this morning also due to the damage the house has since collapsed

Dom

Quote from: Squiz1971 on December 28, 2015, 12:05:39 PM
Apparently a woman's house blew up due to gas explosion. It was on the news 8:00 this morning also due to the damage the house has since collapsed

Ouch

Trident 4609

Quote from: Squiz1971 on December 28, 2015, 12:05:39 PM

I already knew the circumstances. Just didn't feel i needed to elaborate on 'police incident' as it is irrelevent to a bus forum. The fact that buses are diverted as a result is the point that is relevent to the thread. I heard that buses are going down Lea Rd but couldn't hear the diversion route over the radio clearly.

Dom

Quote from: Nathan on December 28, 2015, 12:37:38 PM
I already knew the circumstances. Just didn't feel i needed to elaborate on 'police incident' as it is irrelevent to a bus forum. The fact that buses are diverted as a result is the point that is relevent to the thread. I heard that buses are going down Lea Rd but couldn't hear the diversion route over the radio clearly.

Lea Road, Stubbs Road then back on to normal line of route on Penn Road

Squiz1971

Quote from: Nathan on December 28, 2015, 12:37:38 PM
Fair enough my bad @Nathan

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk