News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Diversions

Started by JB93, April 21, 2013, 01:23:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kevin

Think the Birmingham uni fireworks were the causr but I saw a 98 heading down the Bristol Read about 22:00 inbound
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

John

I have finally got my head round the evening 905 diversion as Lichfield Road is closed overnight for the next 2 weeks, ready for my last trip on Thursday evening.

It goes down the Tamworth Road from the traffic lights with Lichfield Road just past Sutton fire station, the it turns left onto Weeford Road and straight up to the terminus. You then serve the terminus and then turn right and follow the normal route back to Mere Green and terminate there. Birmingham bound buses then use the island at Mere Green to turn round and follow the normal line of route back to the terminus, then back down to the Tamworth Road and back to to the Lichfield Road

The 902 misses out Mere Green completely and used Four Oaks Rd from the island by Four Oaks Station, and then follows the 6 route from the top of Bewell Lane and then turns right onto Four Oaks Common lane back to Clarence Road

Kevin

Newtown Row closed.
Now on X51 home going up to Dartmouth Circus.
I am confuse. I feel like I'm going to work not from work.

And man it's taking forever. 15 mins in we're still on the Ring Road...

John

RTI on Gravelly Hill shut the road around 2.30pm, so buses were using Tyburn Road and Bromford Lane back up to Kingsbury Road/Erdington. I had just got to Erdington 6 Ways Island when the call came through for diversion in both directions, so hung back until the call ended. Got some strange looks of the 11As heading down to the Tyburn Road! The diversion was soon updated while I was on the Tyburn Road to divert from City only, but thankfully the road had reopened by the time I returned.

I was already 15 late here when the call came through about the incident in Sutton and just thought I'll never make the time back now. All we had to do was skip out the Parade and use Brassington Avenue. So I shouted at the last stop on Birmingham Road that this was the stop for the town. Some people got off there, but still more come as you use the diversion route, so I had to stop safely just past The Gate pub on Mill Street to let them off. Then the same again on the way back into Birmingham, Victoria Road was chocka with buses loading so it was quite chaotic with both people and buses

Ronnoc

2/3 is diverted around Swanshurst park due to roadworks.

Trident 4609

Wednesfield Services (59/69/89/25) were on diversion this afternoon due to the Christmas Lights Switch on in the High St.

Kevin

98/99 on diversion from five ways?
Just seen 803 come down the ring road on the 99 and turn left onto Bristol Street
Guess would be because traffic, looked quite bad up Holloway Head

Mike K

Quote from: Kevin on November 28, 2015, 11:14:15 AM
98/99 on diversion from five ways?
Just seen 803 come down the ring road on the 99 and turn left onto Bristol Street
Guess would be because traffic, looked quite bad up Holloway Head

Yes I think it's due to the traffic down Bath Row and Holloway Head as you say; it was horrendous this morning. 4540 on a 126 was also heading down Bristol Street into town earlier today.

John

There were two different diversions for some of our services this evening.

The first one, an RTI at Tower Hill meant that the 52/A had to use the 997 route to get to Perry Barr from Perry Beeches as they could not turn onto Walsall Road to head into City, out of City was ok, as was the 28 route. The road re-opened for a short time, but was shut again for some reason.

Then just before I finished at 8pm, Lichfield Road was closed, so 65/67s had to use Long Acre, Walter Street, Rocky Lane and Cuckoo Road instead

And for some strange reason, I was picking up West Brom garage radio calls this evening, on more than one occasion

Kevin

Quote from: John on December 01, 2015, 10:15:22 PM
The first one, an RTI at Tower Hill meant that the 52/A had to use the 997 route to get to Perry Barr from Perry Beeches as they could not turn onto Walsall Road to head into City, out of City was ok, as was the 28 route. The road re-opened for a short time, but was shut again for some reason.

When was the accident?
Cause I got off the 51 at about 19:15 just when Police were there closing off the southbound carriageway but couldn't see anything on my way up to indicate there was a crash

John

Quote from: Kevin on December 02, 2015, 07:30:01 AM
When was the accident?
Cause I got off the 51 at about 19:15 just when Police were there closing off the southbound carriageway but couldn't see anything on my way up to indicate there was a crash

I think that might have been when police re-shut the road. It would have been around half 6 ish when the road was first closed. The second radio call (when the road was shortly reopened) said the damages vehicles were moved into the bus stop City bound at Tower Hill (as it couldn't be served) so it must have happened at the lights

Due to a Police Incident -
The 11 is currently diverted -
Stechford Lane, Washwood Heath Road, Drews Lane, Bromford Lane
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Tony

Quote from: 2206 on December 03, 2015, 04:35:45 PM
Due to a Police Incident -
The 11 is currently diverted -
Stechford Lane, Washwood Heath Road, Drews Lane, Bromford Lane

Suspect package left outside Bromford Police Station

Trident 4194

Quote from: Tony on December 03, 2015, 04:41:24 PM
Suspect package left outside Bromford Police Station

Oh dear oh dear

MW

Bromford normal.

11Cs now turning right into Soho Rd, left onto Grove Lane (101 route), then right at the bottom to join normal route. Heavy traffic on Soho Rd apparently.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk