News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Diversions

Started by JB93, April 21, 2013, 01:23:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

James4368

Quote from: j789 on March 17, 2015, 07:20:39 PM
Don't know what had happened but at about 6pm today, Sutton Buses to Brum (902, 905 etc) were being diverted near Wylde Green. I saw 4 Arriva 110 inbound to Brum too in the space of 3 minutes so there must have been multiple holdups somewhere. The Arriva buses did not follow the diversion route the NXWM buses went so prob got delayed even further!
E400 4927 was on fire caused diversions on some PB routes
Local Bus Routes
58 - Yardley Swan - Solihull
60 - Birmingham - Cranes Park
99 - Lea Village - Acocks Green
S16 - Yardley Swan - Solihull
X1 - Birmingham - Coventry
X2 - Birmingham - Solihull

Kevin

Yeah, already mentioned, although to add, according to my friend the 110 was also on diversion between Tamworth and Sutton, he ended up on the A38 approaching Bassets Pole and has no idea how
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

Tara4352

Quote from: Kevin on March 17, 2015, 07:32:17 PM
Yeah, already mentioned, although to add, according to my friend the 110 was also on diversion between Tamworth and Sutton, he ended up on the A38 approaching Bassets Pole and has no idea how
]
Unfortunatley some drivers cant predict were there going to end up if not told where to go On diverson

John

Another Erdington diversion tonight. RTC by Wilton market means that from City Sutton buses and Heartlands bound 28s are diverting from 6 Ways, down the 11 route, then left onto Kingsbury Rd, and left onto Holly Lane back to Birmingham Road. Diversion was both ways for a short time too

Westy

Any idea why the Bescot Road in Walsall & Myvod diversions on the 311/313 have not been mentioned on the Nx site?

John

An Aldi truck decided to wedge itself stuck on Alma Street late this morning, trapped 3 7s (2 to City and 1 from). I was the third City bound bus to reach the scene, but was able to carry on to Wheeler Street, and use the Ring Road to get back to Summer Lane. I then had to cut right at Newtown Shopping Centre onto the A34 on the return up to Newtown baths

Chris2301

Quote from: Matt on March 28, 2015, 10:56:28 PM
Fun and games next week with Hagley Road West closed for resurfacing 19:00 - 06:00 Mon-Thurs

See
http://ics.networkwestmidlands.com/ics/XSLT_CM_SHOWADDINFO_REQUEST?infoID=1690_Centro&seqID=2&language=en

Matt the link is broken

John

RTC by the Boars Head on the College Road this afternoon (on the from City side), meant that all buses had to use Aldridge Road like the 997, and then turn right onto Greenholm Road to get back to Kingstanding Road by The Golden Hind to route (33, 934/5/6). 907s had to then turn right down Kingstanding Road back to College Road, turning left onto route

John

RTC by the old Tuckers Factory on the Walsall Road meant that for a few hours this afternoon, the 952 was on diversion. After serving Turnberry Road/Booths Farm Road, when the bus reached Tower Hill, it had to use Beeches Road, back down to Thornbridge Avenue, to Aldridge Road and turn right and follow the 997 route down to Perry Barr

Does anyone know if 51/X51 to City had to use this diversion too?

old50niner

looked like all Walsall Road services were doing the same diversion.

Kevin

@John
All the way round Beeches, then back through Beeches.... Bet that was fun, wonder how many drivers got confused by it and nearly went into autopilot mode up Hassop road again

John

Quote from: Kevin on April 11, 2015, 06:50:19 PM
@John
All the way round Beeches, then back through Beeches.... Bet that was fun, wonder how many drivers got confused by it and nearly went into autopilot mode up Hassop road again

I can imagine the faces of the passengers when the bus was turning back onto Beeches Road. At least if any driver id turn back up Hassop, then it is easy to get back to the Aldridge Road. I bet someone nearly done it. I only heard the radio call so don't know how much disruption it caused

BU07 LGO

Quote from: John on April 11, 2015, 05:57:48 PM
RTC by the old Tuckers Factory on the Walsall Road meant that for a few hours this afternoon, the 952 was on diversion. After serving Turnberry Road/Booths Farm Road, when the bus reached Tower Hill, it had to use Beeches Road, back down to Thornbridge Avenue, to Aldridge Road and turn right and follow the 997 route down to Perry Barr

Does anyone know if 51/X51 to City had to use this diversion too?

Yes, I was on 935 at the time but heard the call out, same diversion as you said

Kevin

Already mentioned in the E working thread, but worthy in here as well. Road resurfacing in Hamstead means the 46 from West Brom is actually now doing the 406 route from years gone by, up Newton Road to Scott Arms then down the hill to terminate in Hamstead Village

Kevin

Quote from: John on February 26, 2015, 03:28:37 PM
And that lasted as long as only one day! Park Street/Thomas Street junction back to the way it was before now, giving way turning right from Thomas Street  ???

Just to mention, although not sure how long it will last, there's now temporary three way lights there

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk