News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Diversions

Started by JB93, April 21, 2013, 01:23:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony

In Answer to Mike K in noteworthy workings this morning peak the 24 was following the old 10 route then left onto Lordswood Road, right onto normal line of route and reverse to city.
Off-peak it is now doing
Towards Birmingham War Lane, Northfield Rd, Quinton Rd, Metchley Lane. NLR
From Birmingham Harborne High St, Vivian Rd, Harborne Park Rd, Quinton Rd, Northfield Rd, War Lane NLR

23/23 are currently similar to the 24

Mike K

Quote from: Tony on January 16, 2015, 01:00:21 PM
In Answer to Mike K in noteworthy workings this morning peak the 24 was following the old 10 route then left onto Lordswood Road, right onto normal line of route and reverse to city.
Off-peak it is now doing
Towards Birmingham War Lane, Northfield Rd, Quinton Rd, Metchley Lane. NLR
From Birmingham Harborne High St, Vivian Rd, Harborne Park Rd, Quinton Rd, Northfield Rd, War Lane NLR

23/23 are currently similar to the 24

Thanks Tony - I should have posted my original question in this thread.

uniquicity

Quote from: Matt on January 17, 2015, 04:11:51 PM
What is the 11A/C's Harborne diversion?

11A - War Lane, Northfield Road, Quinton Road. 11C is reverse of this

AndrewLee

The 99 from city is also a bit of a tour. Normally doubles back at metchley anyway but with the diversion it now goes up war lane only to spin round to go back down again!

Ossie

71 outbound from Sutton on diversion through Falcon Lodge this p.m. due to RTA at the junction of Walmley Road and Hollyfield Road South.  Diversion probably short-lived; the road had been cleared by the time I walked past the scene of the accident.  The service frequency was certainly affected though, two of the 71s were running one behind the other.

Tony

Green Bus have a broken down bus in Stirchley causing a diversion for the 45 & 47s!

Mike K

Quote from: Matt on January 21, 2015, 06:42:46 PM
I just saw an 11C on the Harborne diversion, coming up War Lane onto Lordswood Road, but my 11A followed normal line of route, right past the Huntsman

Harborne Park Rd has recently reopened but only in the Outer Circle anticlockwise direction.

Kevin

Newhall st in city centre is closed from Colmore Row. Everything is going down Church Street instead, driver of 8714 on the 82 didn't know so had to reverse back down Colmore Row
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

Kevin

All the Saltley buses are entering and leaving city centre via Lancaster Circus at the moment
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

Tony

Quote from: Kevin on January 28, 2015, 05:54:53 PM
All the Saltley buses are entering and leaving city centre via Lancaster Circus at the moment

Should only be leaving that way. The road in is open. It is a broken down coach blocking the road. What I did see is a Discout Travel Solutions vehicle doing a three point turn on James What Queensway (S929PDD) on the 97 with passengers on commit two illegal offences. Driving over the footway forcing pedestrians out of the way and reversing back into the carriageway into oncoming traffic without a banksman

John

Quote from: Tony on January 28, 2015, 06:15:52 PM
Quote from: Kevin on January 28, 2015, 05:54:53 PM

Should only be leaving that way. The road in is open. It is a broken down coach blocking the road. What I did see is a Discout Travel Solutions vehicle doing a three point turn on James What Queensway (S929PDD) on the 97 with passengers on commit two illegal offences. Driving over the footway forcing pedestrians out of the way and reversing back into the carriageway into oncoming traffic without a banksman

Broken down NX coach still there at 7pm. 97s, 17s and 73s turning round at Old Square.  Saltley buses were using Lancater Circus, doing a U-turn and turning left at the lights by Mathew Bolton College, and back up Jennins Rd to leave City. Causing a lot of congestion around half 5

Tony

Lots of routes on diversion tonight because of icy roads making them impassable including 47, 49, 244 & 276

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: Tony on January 29, 2015, 08:24:09 PM
Lots of routes on diversion tonight because of icy roads making them impassable including 47, 49, 244 & 276

Seems the 244 is on a drastic diversion,

"244 and 276 are currently on diversion.  At Lye they are going to Foley Arms Island and back down to grange road."
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

Tony

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on January 29, 2015, 08:28:53 PM

"244 and 276 are currently on diversion.  At Lye they are going to Foley Arms Island and back down to grange road."

Actual diversion is Hagley Causeway, not turning into Lutley Lane, to Rosemary Road and Normal line of route

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: Tony on January 29, 2015, 08:34:49 PM
Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on January 29, 2015, 08:28:53 PM

Actual diversion is Hagley Causeway, not turning into Lutley Lane, to Rosemary Road and Normal line of route

Taken from NXbus website.
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk