News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Diversions

Started by JB93, April 21, 2013, 01:23:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Liberator9

Sounds an excellent idea - would've been beneficial. I think there is an alighting only display - funny enough on the 76E when it was full half way up the route to King's Heath. The driver I think told people downstairs when we got to the point, but at no point did he shout clearly upstairs or come up to inform us on the upper deck. The YW drivers are normally pretty good at letting you know - previous occasions when a similar thing has happened the driver has tended to come upstairs to explain.

John

Now Park Street is open again fully today, Most Walsall buses I saw today were still using the Dale End diversion in City

Tony

Quote from: John on January 06, 2015, 09:18:27 PM
Now Park Street is open again fully today, Most Walsall buses I saw today were still using the Dale End diversion in City

Park Street remained one lane only until 15:00 Walsall buses were instructed to use Dale End until both lanes opened

Gareth

Quote from: Liverpool Street on January 05, 2015, 04:49:38 PM
Quote from: Steveminor on January 05, 2015, 03:45:28 PM
17,97,60, 900 & 957 now diverting up carrs lane and down dale end back onto moor street Queensway & straight out of city. Strangely the 73 still using its normal stop

Why strangely? It'll turn left at the bus gate up Priory and a U-turn at Old Square and back out of city the the rest of them.

Whilst watching the chaos yesterday, I noticed one 73 turn up onto Priory and Old Sq. The next one carried on and did the turn around Park St and Hotel LaTour onto Moor Street. It was far quicker doing it that way. Must have only taken 10/15 mins instead of 20/25

John

Something was blocking Colmore Row (or a road Colmore Row buses use to exit City) this evening, as some buses (I saw 2 9s and a 140) were using Old Square to turn around, and I guess go back down Snow Hill Queensway to Charles Street Queensway

Alex

Quote from: John on January 08, 2015, 07:39:43 PM
Something was blocking Colmore Row (or a road Colmore Row buses use to exit City) this evening, as some buses (I saw 2 9s and a 140) were using Old Square to turn around, and I guess go back down Snow Hill Queensway to Charles Street Queensway

According to the NXWM app, there was a broken down bus, so all Colmore Row services were supposed to use Snow Hill Queensway
Hypocrites are like flares... a right pain if one goes near you, and really annoying to get rid of...

My YouTube channel: Alex Jones

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXjxo69BfENu3fiWuzCNYyg

John

The 70s are using Auckland Drive (94 route) from the B4114/A452 Collector Road Island. I don't know where they are going after that because I lost sight of it. I've seen 2 doing that this morning

Tony

Quote from: John on January 14, 2015, 12:02:08 PM
The 70s are using Auckland Drive (94 route) from the B4114/A452 Collector Road Island. I don't know where they are going after that because I lost sight of it. I've seen 2 doing that this morning

Water Orton is closed! Planned works, not because of the snow, a shuutle bus is running between Water Orton and Coleshill Parkway to connect with the 70

Dutsey

Quote from: Tony on January 14, 2015, 12:11:14 PM
Quote from: John on January 14, 2015, 12:02:08 PM

Water Orton is closed! Planned works, not because of the snow, a shuutle bus is running between Water Orton and Coleshill Parkway to connect with the 70

Thats why I saw the 70 going down the A446.

Kevin

Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

Mike K

Quote from: Kevin on January 15, 2015, 06:48:37 AM
Diversions to everything in Harborne likely all day today... http://birminghamupdates.com/post/108106056023/harborne-high-street-is-closed-due-to-falling

Yes Harborne is totally ****ed this morning, the 22/23 are missing out 9 of their regular stops city bound along probably the busiest section of the route. Not great for morning commuters.

At least now they might finally demolish the ruins of the Huntsman pub.

Tony

Quote from: Mike K on January 15, 2015, 08:11:33 AM
Quote from: Kevin on January 15, 2015, 06:48:37 AM
Diversions to everything in Harborne likely all day today... http://birminghamupdates.com/post/108106056023/harborne-high-street-is-closed-due-to-falling

Yes Harborne is totally ****ed this morning, the 22/23 are missing out 9 of their regular stops city bound along probably the busiest section of the route. Not great for morning commuters.

At least now they might finally demolish the ruins of the Huntsman pub.

I've just read this chaos might last for three days, because yes, the wind has damaged the remains of the Huntsman so badly that it does need demolishing

OH25

Just seen the 82/87 going up City Road, what's happened?
does anyone know the route it's taking from up there?
Is the 83/89 doing the same?

the trainbasher

my NXWM 4H has decided to use Bell End to divert....just the name of the road makes me laugh!

There again we've been stuck for 30 minutes in massive traffic!

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

Tony

Quote from: OH25 on January 15, 2015, 05:36:34 PM
Just seen the 82/87 going up City Road, what's happened?
does anyone know the it's taking from up there?
Is the 83/89 doing the same?

RTC at Cape Hill/Grove Lane

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk