News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Diversions

Started by JB93, April 21, 2013, 01:23:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trident 4609

Quote from: P419 EJW on August 28, 2014, 10:51:31 PM
Quote from: Nathan on August 28, 2014, 10:46:58 PM
All buses along Pipers Row had to be diverted this afternoon due to  two women being knocked down apparently?

Yes, see here: http://wmbusphotos.com/forum/index.php?topic=3147.msg110752#msg110752

Ah yes,  Just caught up with my other unread posts. Thanks for the link btw :)

the trainbasher

Quote from: Nathan on August 28, 2014, 10:46:58 PM
All buses along Pipers Row had to be diverted this afternoon due to  two women being knocked down apparently?

Article on e&s

http://www.expressandstar.com/news/emergency-services/2014/08/28/woman-hit-by-car-in-wolverhampton-city-centre/

Quote from: Express and StarWomen hit by car in Wolverhampton city centre
Two women were hit by a car in Wolverhampton city centre today, leaving one with serious injuries and sparking the closure of a busy road.

Paramedics said the 51-year-old woman had head and leg injuries and had been taken to the major trauma unit at Birmingham's Queen Elizabeth Hospital .

Another woman, aged 19, was treated for minor injuries after crash, which happened at around 1.20pm and involved a grey Renault Megane.

A section of Pipers Row, near the intersection of Queen Street, remained closed until around 4pm.

Anyone with information has been asked to contact police on 101.

No arrests have been made.

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

P419 EJW

I think this might be temporary, I was on X51 to Birmingham and instead of going around the roundabout then entering in second exit to Aston University, 4681 went under (Lancaster Circus Queensway), turn right to Newton Street, turn left to Corporation Street, turn left to The Priory Queensway, turn right to Moor Street Queensway, back to normal route.

jack5512

Quote from: P419 EJW on August 29, 2014, 02:26:59 PM
I think this might be temporary, I was on X51 to Birmingham and instead of going around the roundabout then entering in second exit to Aston University, 4681 went under (Lancaster Circus Queensway), turn right to Newton Street, turn left to Corporation Street, turn left to The Priory Queensway, turn right to Moor Street Queensway, back to normal route.
same with the one i was on today

John

RTA at the Kings Rd/Finchley Rd traffic lights this afternoon causing 33s and 66s Kingstanding bound to be diverted. (Plus my 33 and a 66 got stuck there as well for about 45 minutes!)

The 33 had to carry on down Warren Farm Rd to College Rd, and follow the 907 route to New Oscott, then Kings Rd back to route, and the 66 had to use Warren Farm Rd, up to Hawthorn Rd, and use Kingstanding Rd to the Circle

Westy

Quote from: John on September 06, 2014, 06:36:53 PM
RTA at the Kings Rd/Finchley Rd traffic lights this afternoon causing 33s and 66s Kingstanding bound to be diverted. (Plus my 33 and a 66 got stuck there as well for about 45 minutes!)

The 33 had to carry on down Warren Farm Rd to College Rd, and follow the 907 route to New Oscott, then Kings Rd back to route, and the 66 had to use Warren Farm Rd, up to Hawthorn Rd, and use Kingstanding Rd to the Circle

Seeing Kingstanding isn't too far from George Frederick Road, does that tie up with the comment on the E working thread about the 77E & also maybe the comment about the 5E to New Oscott?

John

Quote from: Westy on September 06, 2014, 11:21:38 PM
Quote from: John on September 06, 2014, 06:36:53 PM

Seeing Kingstanding isn't too far from George Frederick Road, does that tie up with the comment on the E working thread about the 77E & also maybe the comment about the 5E to New Oscott?

I don't think the 77 would have been affected, but there was a few 5s heading to West Brom stuck for a short time as a fire engine was blocking Kings Rd. I did see a Gemini on a 5E to New Oscott that afternoon. I don't know if that E working was related or he/she was just running late anyway

Sayeed

Long traffic from Harborne Rd/Vicarage Rd to War Lane. According to the driver of bus route 10, it is due to the traffic lights
Век живи - век учись

Tony

Quote from: Sayeed on September 12, 2014, 09:38:39 AM
Long traffic from Harborne Rd by the Five ways to War Lane. According to the driver of 10 it is due to the traffic lights

It is due to temporary lights put up by Severn Trent on Monument Road in Edgbaston which have completely screwed up all of Hagley Road & harborne

Alex

Don't know if it counts as a diversion but the 89 i caught from Wednesfield, must've had a driver who thought he was on the 69, because he went up Coppice Farm way, which took everyone by surprise, and he had to do a 3-point turn in a cul-de-sac, worst thing was, it was a Trident running the route
Hypocrites are like flares... a right pain if one goes near you, and really annoying to get rid of...

My YouTube channel: Alex Jones

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXjxo69BfENu3fiWuzCNYyg

NXWM Spectra

Quote from: ARJ2901 on September 12, 2014, 08:09:59 PM
Don't know if it counts as a diversion but the 89 i caught from Wednesfield, must've had a driver who thought he was on the 69, because he went up Coppice Farm way, which took everyone by surprise, and he had to do a 3-point turn in a cul-de-sac, worst thing was, it was a Trident running the route

Why was the bus being a Trident the worst thing?

Alex

Umm, it took a lot longer to maneuver than a single decker, and everyone was had to get off the bus for 20 minutes while the driver failed to do a 3-point turn 8 times. Sorry, should've specified that one
Hypocrites are like flares... a right pain if one goes near you, and really annoying to get rid of...

NXWM Spectra

Quote from: ARJ2901 on September 12, 2014, 09:24:15 PM
Umm, it took a lot longer to maneuver than a single decker, and everyone was had to get off the bus for 20 minutes while the driver failed to do a 3-point turn 8 times. Sorry, should've specified that one

Ok, I thought a full size single decker like a B10L or a B7RLE would have been more difficult to turn round.

Tony

Quote from: NXWM Spectra on September 12, 2014, 09:28:39 PM

Ok, I thought a full size single decker like a B10L or a B7RLE would have been more difficult to turn round.

Of course they are. If the story is correct then it is a pretty useless driver that
a) takes the wrong turn, although easily done,
b) but then chooses somewhere really awkward to turn around
c) takes 20 minutes to get sorted, once he realised it was difficult, he should have carried on to find an easier place.

The reason if this story is true in italics is because looking at the 89 history today several tridents were on there, 4134, 4140, 4332; 4331, but not one of them lost 20 minutes between Wednesfield and New Invention. 4331 did lose 5 minutes, so seems the most likely to have made a deviation, but 20 minutes. noooooo

Alex

Quote from: Tony on September 12, 2014, 09:33:30 PM
Quote from: NXWM Spectra on September 12, 2014, 09:28:39 PM

Of course they are. If the story is correct then it is a pretty useless driver that
a) takes the wrong turn, although easily done,
b) but then chooses somewhere really awkward to turn around
c) takes 20 minutes to get sorted, once he realised it was difficult, he should have carried on to find an easier place.

The reason if this story is true in italics is because looking at the 89 history today several tridents were on there, 4134, 4140, 4332; 4331, but not one of them lost 20 minutes between Wednesfield and New Invention. 4331 did lose 5 minutes, so seems the most likely to have made a deviation, but 20 minutes. noooooo
Umm, this story happened about a year ago, but I agree with the points you made, but talking to my friends who were there, it's possible I may've got a few things wrong, what Trident it was, I haven't got a clue, the errors I made are that my friend, Sam pointed out are:
A] It only took 10 minutes, and that I'd said my phone was fast, so that could've made me think it was longer than it actually was
B] That he only tried 6 times, not 8 as I'd thought

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk