News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Diversions

Started by JB93, April 21, 2013, 01:23:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

John

Double diversions for the 28 this evening. RTCs at The Yenton and Short Heath Rd/Streetly Rd.

Diversion was turn left from Chester Rd onto Orphanage Rd, and back onto Sutton New Rd by where Blockbusters was. Sutton services using Penns Lane to Orphanage Rd and into Eddington the same way. Then around 8pm, both Sutton services and 28 started to be diverted the other way as well.

The 28 was turning right and going up Streetly Rd/Sheddington Rd, the 65 route to Witton Lodge Rd, then left (they may have been using Dovedale Rd back to Perry Common Rd, or straight up to The Crossways) , the opposite for  Heartlands bound buses

John

RTC on Birchfield Rd about 45 minutes ago. To City side blocked from Perry Barr island. 33, 46, 907 and 952s using first part of underpass.

Plus 4 buses stuck, 907, 46, another service bus and an NIS Acocks Green President (that driver had wished he went another way back to garage!)

andrew1991

4557 >126E Dudley road blakenhall

Stu

Surprised no-ones mentioned this one yet:
http://www.networkwestmidlands.com/ServiceAlterations/RoadworksandEvents/LichfieldRd.aspx

Lichfield Road closed at Salford Circus junction (from Birmingham). Plus its closed between Park Lane and Waterlinks Boulevard for resurfacing (overnight only).

65 is being diverted from Aston Road North, right Rocky Lane, left Cheston Road, left Lynton Road, continue Waterlinks Boulevard, right Aston Expressway, exit Gravelly Hill (A5127 for Erdington) to Six Ways Erdington and U-turn Back to Salford Circus, then 4th exit Slade Road to normal line of route

QuotePlease note this diversion may add up to 15min on your journey.
:o
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Tony

Quote from: Stu on June 03, 2014, 06:40:58 PM
Surprised no-ones mentioned this one yet:
http://www.networkwestmidlands.com/ServiceAlterations/RoadworksandEvents/LichfieldRd.aspx

Lichfield Road closed at Salford Circus junction (from Birmingham). Plus its closed between Park Lane and Waterlinks Boulevard for resurfacing (overnight only).

65 is being diverted from Aston Road North, right Rocky Lane, left Cheston Road, left Lynton Road, continue Waterlinks Boulevard, right Aston Expressway, exit Gravelly Hill (A5127 for Erdington) to Six Ways Erdington and U-turn Back to Salford Circus, then 4th exit Slade Road to normal line of route

QuotePlease note this diversion may add up to 15min on your journey.
:o

Yes, most weird one ever I think. I cannot believe someone thought it a good idea to close the exit from Lichfield Road onto Salford Circus the same time as the other end of Lichfield Road. Logical diversion would be to use the 66 route through the industrial estate, but the owners will not open the security gate at night

Stu

I would have thought having it go via Cuckoo Road, Heartlands Parkway, Bromford Lane and Tyburn Road would have been more effective, than going via the Expressway and then all the way to Erdington to turn round and go back!
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Kevin

Seen the boards up around Aston for these diversions, did seem intriguing. Personally I would have said it could use the Lichfield road to Aston station, then up to Witton, along the 7 route then George road back to Slade road
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

nitromatt1

The 18/48/x64 diversion has cleared. Shame, I was enjoying going alongside the reservoir on buses, and in some cases it was quicker.

CL

Harborne Buses to City diverted to Westbourne Road* (etc...) due to a crash near The White Swan, Harborne. Not really long, travelwise, but long, timewise... What baffles me also is that this is where my bus went:
- Harborne Academy [Normal Route]
- Westfield Road
- Norfolk Road
- Hagley Road

Surely, it should've turned at Augustus Road, and what baffles me more is that the driver used the Five Ways Underpass instead of going round Five Ways and as a result, missing a stop. I guess it was to catch up on schedule... ::)

Update: (Source: Twitter) Diversion has ended.
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

YWDriver

Quote from: Matt on June 18, 2014, 07:27:09 PM
The 18/48/x64 diversion has cleared. Shame, I was enjoying going alongside the reservoir on buses, and in some cases it was quicker.

The views at sunrise/sunset have been lovely with this weather we have had recently!

Trident 4609

NX25A/C and Arriva's 57 are on diversion over the next few weeks due to water mains repairs on Fibbersley in Wednesfield/Willenhall. Diversion is as follows:

25A/C- (From W'ton on the 25C) left from Waddens Brook Lane onto Broad Lane South then right onto Pool Hayes Lane then right onto Lucknow Rd then straight down Monmor Rd/Bloxwich Rd South (Following the 28 route) and back to normal line of route down Temple Bar

The 25A diversion is reverse of above.

Not sure on the 57 diversion

Tony

Broad Street shut outbound since early morning due to a fire at a food shop which has spread into the Hilton Hotel's kitchen

nitromatt1

Quote from: Tony on July 08, 2014, 10:57:38 AM
Broad Street shut outbound since early morning due to a fire at a food shop which has spread into the Hilton Hotel's kitchen

What time was this fire? I passed through about 8:30 on the 9 on my way to work this morning, it was closed westbound with a shedload of fire engines in attendance but could see no smoke or sign of a fire

John

Quote from: Matt on July 08, 2014, 12:54:06 PM
Quote from: Tony on July 08, 2014, 10:57:38 AM

What time was this fire? I passed through about 8:30 on the 9 on my way to work this morning, it was closed westbound with a shedload of fire engines in attendance but could see no smoke or sign of a fire

6.15am according to BBC

Stuharris 6360

@Matt According to the BBC, Broad Street still closed outbound and buses 1, 9, 10, 22, 23, 29, 120, 126, 127, 128, 129, 140 & 141 are diverting via Ladywood Middleway and Sandpits.
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk