News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Route Branded Buses off Route

Started by Rob H, April 08, 2013, 11:44:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony

Quote from: 2206 on March 28, 2020, 03:15:44 PM
6709 (X12) is on the 73.

What essential worker job do you do then requiring all this travelling around?

Quote from: Tony on March 28, 2020, 05:49:55 PM
What essential worker job do you do then requiring all this travelling around?
Unnecessary comment in my opinion.
I didn't get on it. I saw it in the street.
I think  the government advice still stated that people can go out for exercise as well.
I haven't done any travelling around this week either.

Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Tony

Quote from: 2206 on March 28, 2020, 05:54:27 PM
Unnecessary comment in my opinion.
I didn't get on it. I saw it in the street.
I think  he government advice still stated that people can go out for exercise as well.
I haven't done any travelling around this week either.

Fox & Goose - 94
This on 73

Quote from: Tony on March 28, 2020, 06:01:15 PM
Fox & Goose - 94
I live by Fox and Goose. I'd barely left my front door, when I saw that.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Tony

Quote from: Tony on March 28, 2020, 06:09:53 PM
73 does't go near there
Yes, I saw the 73 at the Yew Tree, its not too far away. And didn't go there on the bus either. Didn't go there for no reason either. And I haven't been within 2 metres of anyone as well.

Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

the trainbasher

Quote from: Tony on March 28, 2020, 06:09:53 PM
73 does't go near there

The thing is there is no distance limit in the legislation for one's daily form of exercise so one could reasonably run between one's house, passing various bus routes so long as one respects a 2m radius from other people.

Alternatively one could be doings one shopping for groceries and see it!

Quote from: Gov.UK The Health Protection (Coronavirus, Restrictions) (England) Regulations 2020
6.—(1) During the emergency period, no person may leave the place where they are living without reasonable excuse.

(2) For the purposes of paragraph (1), a reasonable excuse includes the need—
(a)to obtain basic necessities, including food and medical supplies for those in the same household (including any pets or animals in the household) or for vulnerable persons and supplies for the essential upkeep, maintenance and functioning of the household, or the household of a vulnerable person, or to obtain money, including from any business listed in Part 3 of Schedule 2;
(b)to take exercise either alone or with other members of their household;
(c)to seek medical assistance, including to access any of the services referred to in paragraph 37 or 38 of Schedule 2;
(d)to provide care or assistance, including relevant personal care within the meaning of paragraph 7(3B) of Schedule 4 to the Safeguarding of Vulnerable Groups Act 2006(1), to a vulnerable person, or to provide emergency assistance;
(e)to donate blood;
(f)to travel for the purposes of work or to provide voluntary or charitable services, where it is not reasonably possible for that person to work, or to provide those services, from the place where they are living;
(g)to attend a funeral of—
(i)a member of the person's household,
(ii)a close family member, or
(iii)if no-one within sub-paragraphs (i) or (ii) are attending, a friend;
(h)to fulfil a legal obligation, including attending court or satisfying bail conditions, or to participate in legal proceedings;
(i)to access critical public services, including—
(i)childcare or educational facilities (where these are still available to a child in relation to whom that person is the parent, or has parental responsibility for, or care of the child);
(ii)social services;
(iii)services provided by the Department of Work and Pensions;
(iv)services provided to victims (such as victims of crime);
(j)in relation to children who do not live in the same household as their parents, or one of their parents, to continue existing arrangements for access to, and contact between, parents and children, and for the purposes of this paragraph, "parent" includes a person who is not a parent of the child, but who has parental responsibility for, or who has care of, the child;
(k)in the case of a minister of religion or worship leader, to go to their place of worship;
(l)to move house where reasonably necessary;
(m)to avoid injury or illness or to escape a risk of harm.
(3) For the purposes of paragraph (1), the place where a person is living includes the premises where they live together with any garden, yard, passage, stair, garage, outhouse or other appurtenance of such premises.

So for example someone who lives in a house with a balcony or front garden which has a bus route passing/by a bus interchange can sit outside on their land/property and still photograph buses.

Another example is one could still reasonably photograph/note down a bus at Merry hill whilst waiting in the queue for Iceland/leaving the store.

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

1791 (17 Branded) is on the 55.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

BK63 YWP

Quote from: 2206 on March 29, 2020, 01:23:01 PM
1791 (17 Branded) is on the 55.

Don't you think it is a bit pointless posting branded buses off route (until the lockdown is over) as they will be doing lot of other routes that they are not branded for due to vehicles being sorn during the pandemic?
The Funny sounding Enviro 400

15 Wolverhampton to Merry Hill
15A Wolverhampton Merry Hill
16 Wolverhampton to Stourbridge

X10 Gornal Wood

the trainbasher

Quote from: SL 16 YPN on March 29, 2020, 02:36:31 PM
Don't you think it is a bit pointless posting branded buses off route (until the lockdown is over) as they will be doing lot of other routes that they are not branded for due to vehicles being sorn during the pandemic?

On the other hand, it is nice to have a historical record in the future of how unusual to normal that buses have been affected.

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

ellspurs

Quote from: SL 16 YPN on March 29, 2020, 02:36:31 PM

Quote from: the trainbasher on March 29, 2020, 02:52:53 PM
On the other hand, it is nice to have a historical record in the future of how unusual to normal that buses have been affected.

As I noted the last list I shared, it was a nice novelty to see all the different branded buses in different places (like the 34/39 branded bus in Merry Hill on the 4 advertising a £2.50 return on the side).

If it's preferred that this isn't done any more, it'd probably be prudent to lock the topic so the board members know it's off limits for the moment.

Gareth

Quote from: the trainbasher on March 29, 2020, 02:52:53 PM

A 17 branded bus on the 55 is a regular thing, especially on evening journeys. And even more so because BY only have one bus type. I wouldn't exactly call this one a historical moment!

Quote from: Gareth on March 29, 2020, 05:52:07 PM
A 17 branded bus on the 55 is a regular thing, especially on evening journeys.
This was at 1PM so a Sunday all day board. Not an evening journey that interworks with the 17.
Happens every now and again occasionally in the daytime, wouldn't say its regular to see one in the daytime though.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Gareth

Quote from: 2206 on March 29, 2020, 06:00:51 PM
This was at 1PM so a Sunday all day board. Not an evening journey.
Happens every now and again occasionally in the daytime, wouldn't say its regular to see one in the daytime though.

My point of the comment was at trainbasher. Saying it's good to record these things as a historical document. 17 branded buses appear on the 55 daily.

Rob H

6120 (11A/11C) > 5/73

Seen while out on my exercise
60 Birmingham - Cranes Park
72/72A Solihull Station - Chelmsley Wood
73 Solihull - Heartlands Hospital
X1 Birmingham - Coventry
X2 Birmingham - Solihull Station
A10 Solihull - Cranes Park / Chelmsley Wood

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk