News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Route Branded Buses off Route

Started by Rob H, April 08, 2013, 11:44:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MW

Yeah I seen it at Bromford Lane/Fort junction. Was on a 11 at the time. I did think what the hell is this doing here lol. It went towards Star City/City Centre.

Trident 4194

Quote from: MW on June 08, 2015, 08:19:16 PM
Yeah I seen it at Bromford Lane/Fort junction. Was on a 11 at the time. I did think what the hell is this doing here lol. It went towards Star City/City Centre.

What's the 11 route like so far @MW , many fare dodgers? Time tabling issues? Busy loadings? Any trouble?

MW

Quote from: Trident 4194 on June 08, 2015, 08:25:00 PM
What's the 11 route like so far @MW , many fare dodgers? Time tabling issues? Busy loadings? Any trouble?

Just a quick reply as we shouldn't go off topic here. Last week one circle took 4 hours. I was the first late bus, 77mins it was with the other buses behind me! They sent out a bunch of 11Es and duplicates ahead of me but there was a pretty extensive gap!

The clientele, well the old women are annoying. GRS are very annoying. One driver (X602 Dart) kept cutting me up and deliberately waiting for me. I was behind him at Tyburn Road lights. The light turned green. He waited for amber and the shot off leaving me on the Reds. At Fox & goose, he stopped and put his hazards on in an awkward angle, so I had no choice but to overtake him and stop in front. He then reversed his bus towards the traffic, with passengers on and overtook. I was doing 30mph down Bromford Lane and he came and shot past.

Basically moral of the story is, they're knobs.

Only pro to them is they take a lot of the OAPs, well when I say a lot, I mean about 10.

Tony

Quote from: MW on June 08, 2015, 08:34:00 PM
Just a quick reply as we shouldn't go off topic here. Last week one circle took 4 hours. I was the first late bus, 77mins it was with the other buses behind me! They sent out a bunch of 11Es and duplicates ahead of me but there was a pretty extensive gap!

The clientele, well the old women are annoying. GRS are very annoying. One driver (X602 Dart) kept cutting me up and deliberately waiting for me. I was behind him at Tyburn Road lights. The light turned green. He waited for amber and the shot off leaving me on the Reds. At Fox & goose, he stopped and put his hazards on in an awkward angle, so I had no choice but to overtake him and stop in front. He then reversed his bus towards the traffic, with passengers on and overtook. I was doing 30mph down Bromford Lane and he came and shot past.

Only pro to them is they take a lot of the OAPs, well when I say a lot, I mean about 10.

Now you know why at the training school they teach the escape route, never pull up behind the vehicle in front ast traffic lights without enough room to pull around with reversing!

It is amazing how fast he would have shot off at Bromford lights if he would have seen your front, offside moving into the second lane in his mirror. Yes that is the standard of driving, some (nowhere near all) competitors resort to, but it is rarely seen by those who support cowboys

MW

Quote from: Tony on June 08, 2015, 08:41:02 PM
Now you know why at the training school they teach the escape route, never pull up behind the vehicle in front ast traffic lights without enough room to pull around with reversing!

It is amazing how fast he would have shot off at Bromford lights if he would have seen your front, offside moving into the second lane in his mirror. Yes that is the standard of driving, some (nowhere near all) competitors resort to, but it is rarely seen by those who support cowboys

They're right scumbags! Yeah I did have the escape route but there was fast moving traffic in the second lane. He was with me from Kings Heath to Erdington! Anticlockwise. I just let them get on with it now, just hold back or if I have a decent stretch, accelerate past.

crepello

just viewed 4626 Branded 14 on a 47 into the City - Cotteridge 2152hrs.
First time i have seen one over here! 

mranon

MW come to wolves and watch 2 drivers on a independent on the 11 route. How the hell these 2 guys ain't killed anyone is just luck.

karl724223

Quote from: MW on June 08, 2015, 08:34:00 PM

they was doing the same tricks on the 246 with red lights  just follow them and do the job properly don't get involved in racing them or doing what they do

Ronnoc

GeminiFan1991

There was a 17 Branded bus on the 55 yesterday.
Please check out my Bus Photos @

https://www.flickr.com/photos/128406405@N06/

CL

4613 was on the 24 this morning. Timorous beast, it was. Something I noticed was thst it barely vibrates, and very good quality overall. I see why LS prefers the 46** series.
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

Ashley 60171

14 branded 4611 back on home turf. Departed brum at 1335 on the 45.

Tara4352

P419 EJW

Quote from: Dom on June 13, 2015, 05:29:01 PM
@Rhys S Where and Which Direction?!?!

@Dom, it should do the 17:45 departure from Wolverhampton Bus Station.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk