News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Diecast Bus models

Started by Ash, March 17, 2013, 11:18:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BU07 LGO

The cmnl tridents are quite easy to strip

Liverpool Street

Quote from: BU07 LGO on January 13, 2014, 05:32:07 PM
The cmnl tridents are quite easy to strip

Meh. I'd rather paint metal then cmnl plastic anyway.

Corgi ones are a bit more difficult.
Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

CL

Pre production models:

I have to admit, the overall look is lovely, however, the front does seem to look a bit fat and flat! And they seemed to be using the wrong 'font' on the display... I'm sure that's what the tridents show...

http://www.corgi.co.uk/shop/corgi-direct/corgi-catalogue-january-june-2014/the-original-omnibus-collection/om46704a-wright-eclipse-2-national-express-west-midlands-27-wolverhampton-via-goldthorn-park/
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

John

Quote from: clayderman on January 28, 2014, 12:04:57 AM
Pre production models:

I have to admit, the overall look is lovely, however, the front does seem to look a bit fat and flat! And they seemed to be using the wrong 'font' on the display... I'm sure that's what the tridents show...

http://www.corgi.co.uk/shop/corgi-direct/corgi-catalogue-january-june-2014/the-original-omnibus-collection/om46704a-wright-eclipse-2-national-express-west-midlands-27-wolverhampton-via-goldthorn-park/

I have the Lothian Urban 2 model, and the front is a lot better in real than in the pictures

BU07 LGO

I have seen the detailed pictures of the wilts and dorset eclipse 2 and that looks quite impressive!

I think you bought my ukbus6017 on ebay john?

Gareth

I think the NXWM eclipse looks great. Just a shame that with the current fare increases, it's immediately out of date before it's even released.

John

Quote from: BU07 LGO on January 28, 2014, 12:39:59 PM

Yes I did, looking at the pics of it you linked to on here ;D

BU07 LGO

Quote from: John on January 28, 2014, 08:41:44 PM
Quote from: BU07 LGO on January 28, 2014, 12:39:59 PM

Yes I did, looking at the pics of it you linked to on here ;D

Glad you got it ok, I was going to message you and offer to drop it around to save you the postage but was a bit shy lol

John

Quote from: John on December 09, 2013, 08:41:32 PM
Quote from: Liverpool Street on December 09, 2013, 08:33:13 PM
I do, Clayderman. I had one on order from CFS Model shop (Rednal, local) but the stock never came in. I asked for my £47 back for sure.

I feel the same about the Arriva Midlands X38 Optare Versa resin models I pre-ordered of TTC Diecast's website. They were out earlier this month, but have not heard off them. I only had to pay a penny to register my debit card but don't think I will ever see them  >:(

Finally heard of TTC this week, so should have them towards the end of next week.  :D :D

I have also pre-ordered the model of Spectra 4010 (on the 79)

BU07 LGO

John

Quote from: John on January 31, 2014, 05:14:07 PM
I do, Clayderman. I had one on order from CFS Model shop (Rednal, local) but the stock never came in. I asked for my £47 back for sure.

I feel the same about the Arriva Midlands X38 Optare Versa resin models I pre-ordered of TTC Diecast's website. They were out earlier this month, but have not heard off them. I only had to pay a penny to register my debit card but don't think I will ever see them  >:(

Finally heard of TTC this week, so should have them towards the end of next week.  :D :D

Received them yesterday. Worth the high price tag, a lot more detailed than CNML models, both inside and out. Can't wait for 4010

Liverpool Street

Quote from: John on February 11, 2014, 05:02:55 PM

Received them yesterday. Worth the high price tag, a lot more detailed than CNML models, both inside and out. Can't wait for 4010

Which ones did you receive, John? Not the NX Spectra for sure?
Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

filbus1

TTC was selling the Versas at the Manchester Christmas cracker at the beginning of December so he took his time to deliver. Someone I know bought the pair so they were not just for show.

John

Quote from: Liverpool Street on February 11, 2014, 06:06:11 PM

Which ones did you receive, John? Not the NX Spectra for sure?

Sorry I should have said ;), I got both of the X38 Optare Versas, one branded and the other unbranded. I think the Spectra is not out until later this year

BU07 LGO

Quote from: filbus1 on February 11, 2014, 07:47:28 PM

TTC was selling the Versas at the Manchester Christmas cracker at the beginning of December so he took his time to deliver. Someone I know bought the pair so they were not just for show.

I seem to remember him saying on their facebook they was arriving in lots of small quantities?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk