News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Diecast Bus models

Started by Ash, March 17, 2013, 11:18:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

filbus1

The destination details of this model have been amended, see www.britishmodelbuses.com

The Real 4778

"there has been a slight amendment to the destination boards of OM46704A/B Wright Eclipse 2, National Express West Midlands.
OM46704A will read – 27 Wolverhampton via Gornal Wood
OM46704B will read – 27 Dudley via Gornal Wood"
Don't you start.

BU07 LGO

todays new additions

UKBUS9006 - London United Omnicity
UKBUS9010 - Stagecoach London Omnicity

John

Quote from: BU07 LGO on January 07, 2014, 08:34:00 PM
todays new additions

I got the Commisioned OOC Dublin Bus B9TL Gemini Model today, and another NBfL model

BU07 LGO

Quote from: John on January 07, 2014, 08:42:33 PM
todays new additions

I got the Commisioned OOC Dublin Bus B9TL Gemini Model today, and another NBfL model

Have you got a picture of the gem?

John

Quote from: BU07 LGO on January 07, 2014, 11:05:27 PM
Quote from: John on January 07, 2014, 08:42:33 PM
todays new additions

Have you got a picture of the gem?

BU07 LGO

Thanks that looks nice, im really liking the new corgi models. Ive only got CMNL at the moment but will be tempted to get some corgi in the future

CL

I've decided today that I might take up painting Code 3's in my spare time... A trick my mother taught me was: if you'e painting near any windows, use sticky tape/masking tape - so they don't go onto it... I've tend to do this more recently any it works perfectly! Unless the windows aren't etched, then it might take off some paint. Masking tape wouldn't much though!

I'm tempted to get a Bus Eireann Wright Eclipse 2 just for a treatment of code 3.  :)  ;)
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

Liverpool Street

Quote from: clayderman on January 11, 2014, 08:45:00 PM
I've decided today that I might take up painting Code 3's in my spare time... A trick my mother taught me was: if you'e painting near any windows, use sticky tape/masking tape - so they don't go onto it... I've tend to do this more recently any it works perfectly! Unless the windows aren't etched, then it might take off some paint. Masking tape wouldn't much though!

I'm tempted to get a Bus Eireann Wright Eclipse 2 just for a treatment of code 3.  :)  ;)

I'm a fan of Code 3's done properly. Free hand all the way with no brush strokes.
Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

craighu

It always struck me as very bizarre why there has never been (to my knowledge) a model of a standard post 1971 Park Royal/Mcw bodied standard PTE Fleetline. Could never understand why the ex London DMS Fleetlines 55** sequence were chosen as models in favour of the predominate standard Fleetline. Seems crackers to me. Anyone else agree? Craig ;-)

Isle of Stroma

Quote from: craighu on January 11, 2014, 11:23:13 PM
It always struck me as very bizarre why there has never been (to my knowledge) a model of a standard post 1971 Park Royal/Mcw bodied standard PTE Fleetline. Could never understand why the ex London DMS Fleetlines 55** sequence were chosen as models in favour of the predominate standard Fleetline. Seems crackers to me. Anyone else agree? Craig ;-)

A no-brainer really. EFE had the DMS casting, which guarantees LT sales as well as the multitude of second hand liveries (as per the WMPTE 55xx). I doubt any of the majors will touch the WMPTE 'standard', though would love to be proved wrong.

CL

Quote from: Liverpool Street on January 11, 2014, 08:48:00 PM

I'm a fan of Code 3's done properly. Free hand all the way with no brush strokes.

Might post pics, you never know... But can't promise no brush strokes :) lol. It'll certainly be trial and error before I can perfect this - but I have two practice pieces to do before I continue with this project. Both Dennis dart and Optare solos been given a black paint treatment - ready for white repaint before final livery! :-D
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

filbus1

I would certainly like to see the results of your efforts. I used to do loads of West Midlands code 3s and surprised myself how good some of them looked. I sold all 300 in the end, but wish I had kept a few now. Good luck with it.

The Real 4778

Quote from: clayderman on January 12, 2014, 12:26:33 AM
Both Dennis dart and Optare solos been given a black paint treatment - ready for white repaint before final livery! :-D

White over black?  With respect, you're better priming with a mid grey undercoat.  To get a decent white livery on top of black you'll need several coats, which is not only time consuming, it will result in a thick paint finish that will obscure detail.

You would be advised to dismantle the model and strip the factory finish by immersing the metal body only in brake fluid, Model Strip or equivalent to remove the original paint.
Don't you start.

Liverpool Street

Quote from: The Real 4778 on January 13, 2014, 10:41:57 AM
Quote from: clayderman on January 12, 2014, 12:26:33 AM
Both Dennis dart and Optare solos been given a black paint treatment - ready for white repaint before final livery! :-D

White over black?  With respect, you're better priming with a mid grey undercoat.  To get a decent white livery on top of black you'll need several coats, which is not only time consuming, it will result in a thick paint finish that will obscure detail.

You would be advised to dismantle the model and strip the factory finish by immersing the metal body only in brake fluid, Model Strip or equivalent to remove the original paint.

Dismantle the body... easier said then done!
Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk