News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Brum almost certainly going to host the commonwealth games.

Started by monkeyjoe, September 29, 2017, 06:37:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

monkeyjoe

All these transport improvements have got to be hurried up now..... discuss!

The Real 4778

Don't you start.

Gareth

It'll be interesting to see where they'll park all the buses! I think in Glasgow there was a brand new bus depot that hadn't opened yet that was used for the games fleet.

MW

Quote from: Gareth on October 02, 2017, 07:11:12 PM
It'll be interesting to see where they'll park all the buses! I think in Glasgow there was a brand new bus depot that hadn't opened yet that was used for the games fleet.

Lea Hall still around? Lol

markcf83

Indeed there was. Caledonia,the replacement for Larkfield-which closed just after the Commonwealth games-and ultimately Parkhead,was used.
Don't judge me until you've walked in my size ten shoes.

Sayeed

They could use the space at Longbridge by the Bournville College
Век живи - век учись

Lukeee

Don't travel express use the spare space in their depot as parking, could squeeze a couple buses in there  ;)

Tony

Expect to see a few Stagecoach Enviro 400MMCs around Birmingham on Saturday.
The Diamond League athletics are on at the Alexander Stadium, and it looks like it is being used as a trial run for the Commonwealth games services

Quote from: Gareth on October 02, 2017, 07:11:12 PMIt'll be interesting to see where they'll park all the buses! I think in Glasgow there was a brand new bus depot that hadn't opened yet that was used for the games fle
Quote from: MW on October 02, 2017, 07:44:38 PMLea Hall still around? Lol
A site in Oldbury just off the Birmingham rd /rood end rd island is where the buses are being kept , former cadbury warehouse back in the day

yesterday there were stagecoach gold buses parked on summer row stop full of drivers , very inconsiderate imo blocking a bus stop for no reason when theres a unused lay by just yards up the rd

from what i,ve read free services from 0730 2000  ALL SERVICES RUN FROM OLDBURY DEPOT

city centre shuttle service from james watt queensway to alexander stadium
park and ride service from 
bescott to alexander stadium
hawthornes park and ride to sandwell aquatics centre
athletes and staff shuttle service from university 0f birmingham  to sandwell aquatics 

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk