News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Yourbus

Started by winston, February 17, 2013, 10:24:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

winston

Quote from: bowler on February 20, 2013, 04:46:33 PM
Quote from: Winston on February 20, 2013, 04:42:39 PM
Quote from: bowler on February 20, 2013, 04:37:22 PM
Quote from: Winston on February 17, 2013, 10:24:53 PM
It's reported on the Yourbus Yahoo group that their Tuxford depot is due to close during March, with the 6 x Trident/Plaxton Presidents 2501-4, 2506 & 2507 (X---EGK) surplus to requirement transferring to Wessex Connect!?!

I still think that there is more than meets they eye between the Rotala & Yourbus relationship........
on todays vosa  at least 13 your bus registration  have been cancelled from 31/3/13

That will be because they are closing their Tuxford depot mid March
have your bus anymore depots, only asking because do not know much about them  or the rotala group

They currently have depots in Heanor, Tuxford (To close in mid March) & Durham. They operate a fleet of 55 coaches all in NX livery plus another 60 buses in the Durham / Nottingham & Derbyshire areas

PM

To be fair I wouldnt put deckers on redditch services as based on my observations there seemed to be even in daylight hours quite a lot of antisocial behaviour. I've just found a flaw with the theory which is that rotala's presidents being sold have between 66 and 71 seats but the ex first ones according to Tony's website only seat 60 although maybe this is a mistake as it seems quite low although I know they are short length.

mikestone

There was a Yourbus decker in the yard at Longacre at lunchtime.

Ash

Yeah i noticed that too is the black diamond dart there t445ebd

bwsau cymru

Does anyone think that Yourbus will merge with Rotlala in the furture?
campaigning for better transport for all

Cedric

Quote from: dannygill on March 22, 2013, 09:54:24 PM
think there might be a 50% chance of it happing
diamond 8\10/125/292

richie

Quote from: bewminster on March 22, 2013, 09:57:21 PM
think there might be a 50% chance of it happing

Perhaps your bus could buy diamond west mids?

winston

Given the family connections between Yourbus & Rotala is stands a decent chance of happening, that said Scott Dunn may not want to sell out & instead grow Yourbus to a similar size as Rotala Group, we also don't know why he decided to left Diamond Bus/Rotala

tank90

I can see a Merger on the cards at some point and it will be "to save Diamond" from flopping.
Your Bus won't buy Diamond as Scott has an interest in Rotala so wont want to rock and boats but if Diamond was to merge with Your Bus that would be a different kettle of fish as Your bus wouldn't have been sold to Rotala and Diamond wouldn't have been sold to Dunn Motor Traction (or what ever the company is). Personally I hope its sooner rather than later because with him at the helm First will get colder feet in Worcester and Arriva will have there little game squashed alittle because its not just about money its about leadership.
Midland Red West, one of the best Companies to serve Redditch, with some of the best buses.

Dan

winston

Quote from: tank90 on March 23, 2013, 12:12:37 AM
I can see a Merger on the cards at some point and it will be "to save Diamond" from flopping.
Your Bus won't buy Diamond as Scott has an interest in Rotala so wont want to rock and boats but if Diamond was to merge with Your Bus that would be a different kettle of fish as Your bus wouldn't have been sold to Rotala and Diamond wouldn't have been sold to Dunn Motor Traction (or what ever the company is). Personally I hope its sooner rather than later because with him at the helm First will get colder feet in Worcester and Arriva will have there little game squashed alittle because its not just about money its about leadership.

Other than the family connection Scott Dunn doesn't no longer has any involvement with Rotala. Bob & Simon Dunn own a 4.53% shareholding in Rotala Plc

tank90

I thought he was on the board but had no voting rights as he was on something that Tony had posted earlier this month :/
Midland Red West, one of the best Companies to serve Redditch, with some of the best buses.

Dan

winston

I don't think he has any involvement in Rotala Plc these days

Rotala Plc Board of Directors

John Gunn
Non-Executive Chairman
Aged 70, director of a number of quoted and unquoted companies including HydroDec Group plc and The 181 Fund Limited. He was formerly chief executive officer of Exco International plc, and chairman of Telerate Inc and of British & Commonwealth Holdings plc.

Simon Dunn
Chief Executive
Aged 37, has operational responsibility for the business of the group. He has been employed in the transport industry all of his working life and has been working for the Flights businesses since 2004. He previously worked for various businesses in the Dunn-Line Holdings group.

Kim Taylor
Group Finance Director
Aged 57, qualified as a chartered accountant in 1982 with KPMG and continued to work there until 1986. In that year, he left to join Exco Plc, where between 1992 and 1998 he was Group Finance Director. He was Group Finance Director of Intercapital plc between 1998 and 1999 and Group Finance Director of Prebon Group Limited between 2001 and 2002.

Geoffrey Flight
Non-Executive Director
Aged 55, has had 26 years experience in the transport industry in which he is a well-known figure. He retains an active role in his private family businesses, Flights Conference Services Limited, Flights Coaches Limited, Flights Management Services Limited and Central Coachways Limited, of all of which companies he remains a director.

Robert Dunn
Non-Executive Director
Aged 59, has 40 years experience of the transport sector, both in private and AIM-listed businesses. Robert previously founded and became Chief Executive of Dunn-Line plc, which was AIM-listed until its sale to Veolia in 2006.

Dunn Rotala Plc Shareholdings:

R.A. & S. L. Dunn    1,596,334    4.53%

tank90

Hmmm I stand corrected. But he must have some weight as he was able to get his hands on some of Diamonds buses at short notice and it cant have been "Mum can you ask Dad if I can borrow some buses from Birmingham for a week from tomorrow please?" or "Bro can I borrow some buses" that doesnt seem to sit with me that well unless they are a very very close family in which case why would Scott have left Rotala.

Dan

winston

It makes you wonder if someone else is backing the Yourbus operation financially? It does seem to be expanding pretty rapidly & mostly with brand new vehicles

tank90

Or if he has done what Stagecoach has done in London, tho reading the bunff it says they own the vechicals, but yeah I can see what you mean.

Dan

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk