News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Xplore Dundee

Started by winston, February 13, 2013, 10:57:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Over the years I have read many anti NX comments from the scots I guess a fair few single malt whiskey bottles will be drunk over the coming days.
2021 a fresh start I wish you all merry Christmas and a happy new year.

Busboy105

Quote from: B61 ANDREW on December 23, 2020, 10:12:03 AM
  I guess it is a logical move to sell off a "distant outpost" .     The next question will be [ maybe already answered ] ,is it a move to raise capital or to invest in expansion nearer to home ??  Lets see what the coming weeks bring.
I guess we shall

JIM C

With XPLORE  being sold off ,does that mean it will disappear from here?.

Tony

Quote from: JIM C on December 24, 2020, 08:39:43 PM
With XPLORE  being sold off ,does that mean it will disappear from here?.

Just will need moving to 'other operators'

Sayeed

If McGills have the intention of buying the fleets of NX, maybe NX could throw the Solos and 800 as part of the package?   
Век живи - век учись

Tony

Quote from: Sayeed on December 30, 2020, 11:23:38 PM
If McGills have the intention of buying the fleets of NX, maybe NX could throw the Solos and 800 as part of the package?

What makes you think McGill's, who have one of the youngest fleets in the whole UK, would want these?

Sayeed

Quote from: Tony on December 31, 2020, 10:05:32 AM
What makes you think McGill's, who have one of the youngest fleets in the whole UK, would want these?

Why not? They got loads of their own solos and few of them are slightly older than the 323-5. So, it would be a use for them temporarily. 
Век живи - век учись

Tony

Quote from: Sayeed on December 31, 2020, 01:32:01 PM
Why not? They got loads of their own solos and few of them are slightly older than the 323-5. So, it would be a use for them temporarily.

Why would they be any use? They have enough solos for their own service and certainly don't need any for Dundee

Sayeed

Quote from: Tony on December 31, 2020, 01:34:32 PM
Why would they be any use? They have enough solos for their own service and certainly don't need any for Dundee

I don't know, maybe replace the old ones or use the parts in their other depots, or is it better to be unused and rot at Miller St?

Век живи - век учись

bususer28

Have McGills said if they will be retaining the Xplore Dundee name or will they rebrand everything as McGills. I'm not from Dundee so I don't know if Xplore have a good reputation in the area.

Tony

Quote from: bususer28 on December 31, 2020, 02:08:46 PM
Have McGills said if they will be retaining the Xplore Dundee name or will they rebrand everything as McGills. I'm not from Dundee so I don't know if Xplore have a good reputation in the area.

Yes, Xplore branding to stay

JIM C

Quote from: bususer28 on December 31, 2020, 02:08:46 PM
We have an excellent reputation in Dundee ,even before NATIONAL EXPRESS bought us.

ross4122

Two McGills branded Levantes, I6008 and I6010 I believe, have arrived in Dundee this afternoon.

JIM C

The 4 levante  coaches for xplore more were returned to Birmingham today.

Tony

Quote from: JIM C on January 13, 2021, 12:01:47 AM
The 4 levante  coaches for xplore more were returned to Birmingham today.

Went  direct to Kings Ferry

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk