News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Xplore Dundee

Started by winston, February 13, 2013, 10:57:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony

Quote from: Mayfield on July 20, 2020, 11:07:17 AM
Passed 2244 heading towards its new home at 9ish This morning M6 north near Knutsford.

Now safely at Dundee

DavieDD2

You could have brought some sun up with you as well Tony! lol

Mayfield

Sounds like you had a good clear run up there.
Are you bringing anything back.

the trainbasher

Xplore 2245 just passed through St Pauls (I'm kicking myself as I was the wrong side of the crossing by the 934 stand)

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

Tony

Quote from: the trainbasher on September 18, 2020, 04:26:18 PM
Xplore 2245 just passed through St Pauls (I'm kicking myself as I was the wrong side of the crossing by the 934 stand)

Taking it to Walsall garage ready for me to take to Dundee on Monday

Westy

How come 1785 is down in Walsall?

Saw just over an hour ago in Leamore.

Tony

Quote from: Westy on September 22, 2020, 06:40:28 PM
How come 1785 is down in Walsall?

Saw just over an hour ago in Leamore.

Because I have just driven it back to join 1779. 1780 & 1784

Westy

Quote from: Tony on September 22, 2020, 06:51:07 PM
Because I have just driven it back to join 1779. 1780 & 1784

That was me by Green Lane looking surprised by the way!

BK63 YWP

According to adl Facebook page xplore Dundee has secured funding for zero emissions buses so looks like they are getting their first electric buses
The Funny sounding Enviro 400

15 Wolverhampton to Merry Hill
15A Wolverhampton Merry Hill
16 Wolverhampton to Stourbridge

X10 Gornal Wood

https://nxbus.co.uk/dundee/information/service-changes/our-plan-for-your-new-network

Wander how many vehicles will be made spare later in 2021 as a result of reduced frequencies? As presumably West Midlands will see simialr as well?

"When physical distancing is no longer required, Government funding will stop. This means local bus services will once again have to bring in enough revenue to cover basic costs (such as driver wages, fuel and vehicle maintenance).

The only way we can economise our service is to slightly reduce frequencies."

And whether some Dundee Gemini will come down to replace older vehicles/single deckers in the West Midlands if these are made spare then?
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Ian Hardy

Quote from: 2206 on November 15, 2020, 01:15:26 PM

"When physical distancing is no longer required, Government funding will stop. This means local bus services will once again have to bring in enough revenue to cover basic costs (such as driver wages, fuel and vehicle maintenance).

Don't forget that the COVID-19 funding arrangements for bus services are different in England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland so what maybe appropriate for Xplore Dundee might not be so for NXWM.

Listening to a recent briefing to Go North East staff by Martijn Gilbert (the MD) (on his Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100009920923911), he said that at present the UK Government is funding bus services in England but they are not allowed to make a profit out of the arrangement, it will only cover the bus company costs.

There are negotiations under way to attempt to ensure that when the social distancing requirements are removed, the Government funding does not completely stop at the same time, as people will not suddenly return to using buses that day. There needs to be a transition period where the funding is gradually reduced to ensure that services are retained and therefore are ready for when people do return to using the bus.

DJ

I've heard word about a possible sale of Dundee to McGills, with it expected to be completed tomorrow or Thursday. Apparently notices have gone up in the depot earlier today about it. Anyone know anything more concrete about it?

Edit: Confirmed now. https://scottishbusinessnews.net/mcgills-buses-to-purchase-xplore-dundee-xplore-more/

Any views/comments are my own and do not reflect those of my employer.

gc802002

Yes, its correct.

I have a copy of the notice, however unsure if it is permitted to post on here!?

Tony

Quote from: gc802002 on December 22, 2020, 02:30:56 PM
Yes, its correct.

I have a copy of the notice, however unsure if it is permitted to post on here!?

Yes, if you wish

Busboy105

Quote from: DJ on December 22, 2020, 02:19:07 PM
I've heard word about a possible sale of Dundee to McGills, with it expected to be completed tomorrow or Thursday. Apparently notices have gone up in the depot earlier today about it. Anyone know anything more concrete about it?

Edit: Confirmed now. https://scottishbusinessnews.net/mcgills-buses-to-purchase-xplore-dundee-xplore-more/
Wow. I guess it's ok for NX. 1 less garage to worry about costs.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk