News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Xplore Dundee

Started by winston, February 13, 2013, 10:57:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trident 4609

Quote from: Busboy105 on November 07, 2019, 08:51:23 PM
What garage would the hybrids go? And what route/s would they most likely go on?

Likelyhood would be to join their sisters at WN?

So will the single decker's displaced be going up to Dundee then?
2239 - 2247 then maybe?
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

BK63 YWP

Quote from: 2206 on November 07, 2019, 09:02:09 PM
So will the single decker's displaced be going up to Dundee then?
2239 - 2247 then maybe?

Dundee is getting 9 new emeralds
The Funny sounding Enviro 400

15 Wolverhampton to Merry Hill
15A Wolverhampton Merry Hill
16 Wolverhampton to Stourbridge

X10 Gornal Wood

DavieDD2

Quote from: SL 16 YPN on November 07, 2019, 09:12:03 PM

And we're losing our 9 SP13 plated E400H's in the process, Dundee has 2 of the top 5 most polluted roads in Scotland both of which are on the 28/29 Douglas to Charleston route yet where are the hybrids? These 9 new emeralds would have been the ideal opportunity to cascade the older hybrids onto this route. Xplore are all over facebook claiming their green credentials yet the one route they have that needs the hybrids the most rarely sees one, all the new buses get put on the money making routes... imagine that...

winston

Quote from: DavieDD2 on November 07, 2019, 11:57:19 PM
And we're losing our 9 SP13 plated E400H's in the process, Dundee has 2 of the top 5 most polluted roads in Scotland both of which are on the 28/29 Douglas to Charleston route yet where are the hybrids? These 9 new emeralds would have been the ideal opportunity to cascade the older hybrids onto this route. Xplore are all over facebook claiming their green credentials yet the one route they have that needs the hybrids the most rarely sees one, all the new buses get put on the money making routes... imagine that...

Yes, 9 x new Emerald's in, 9 x E400H out to NXWM - as Tony has already confirmed on the Dundee Forum.

From Explore Dundee's press release (All there in black & white....):

The operator is currently retrofitting 10 single decks, funded by the BEAR 2 government grant, which will join seven upgraded double deckers on Service 28/29.

https://nxbus.co.uk/dundee/news/xplore-dundees-2020-vision

DavieDD2

Quote from: Winston on November 07, 2019, 11:59:07 PM
Yes, 9 x new Emerald's in, 9 x E400H out to NXWM - as Tony has already confirmed on the Dundee Forum.

And from rumours I've heard the E400H's are to be converted to fully diesel? that doesn't say much for the hybrid technology in them, anyway that wasn't my point Winston, my point was that there are routes in this city that need the new buses if XD are to be taken seriously when it comes to all their green claims. The air pollution monitoring equipment is in a big grey box on the corner of my street, yet only occasionally on a Sunday does a hybrid pass it. I appreciate what you pointed out about the retro fitted buses, and that is to be applauded, but even the high standards of Euro 6 aren't the same as hybrids, I'm no eco warrior, but I do have COPD in my lungs and the more that can be done to clean up the air I breathe the better,buses aren't the problem, the number of cars on the road are.

Busboy105

Quote from: Nathan on November 07, 2019, 08:54:25 PM
Likelyhood would be to join their sisters at WN?
Could be WB, to replace the non-trapped Volvos that are going to be withdrawn after their MOTs expire.

Quote from: Busboy105 on November 08, 2019, 12:16:59 AM
Could be WB, to replace the non-trapped Volvos that are going to be withdrawn after their MOTs expire.
Quote from: SL 16 YPN on November 07, 2019, 09:12:03 PM
Since Tony has stated that the plan involves increasing the number of double deckers in the fleet, it sounds like they are going to be displacing single deckers?

Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

winston

Quote from: DavieDD2 on November 08, 2019, 12:07:49 AM
And from rumours I've heard the E400H's are to be converted to fully diesel? that doesn't say much for the hybrid technology in them, anyway that wasn't my point Winston, my point was that there are routes in this city that need the new buses if XD are to be taken seriously when it comes to all their green claims. The air pollution monitoring equipment is in a big grey box on the corner of my street, yet only occasionally on a Sunday does a hybrid pass it.

No, only a couple of NXWM's E400H are being converted to diesel at present, mostly when major components fail as they're costly to replace (batteries especially) and the E400H's are not as reliable/fuel efficient in Hybrid form as NXWM's Volvo B5LH have been over the same period. The Hybrid Technology was fine at the time, but six years later, Technology has advanced such that E400MMC Euro 6 smart hybrids are now more environmentally friendly and don't come with the added complications.

And my point was the very route you mentioned i.e. 28/29 is having more existing buses upgraded to Euro 6 with exhaust treatment upgrades (as per NXWM's existing fleet), with more to follow according to the press release. Dundee with a total fleet of 114 aren't going to get 18 new Emerald's every year, looking at the numbers, the 28/29 is quite a high Pvr.

Plus there's more newer buses to follow via a swap with NXWM.

winston

Quote from: Busboy105 on November 08, 2019, 12:16:59 AM

Where's the logic in putting 9 completely none standard hybrids in to WB when they aren't familiar with them? Especially when you have an existing fleet of 21 identical examples at WN

BH2004

Quote from: Busboy105 on November 07, 2019, 08:51:23 PM
What garage would the hybrids go? And what route/s would they most likely go on?

The will probably be going to WN for the 1

Trident 4609

Quote from: BH2004 on November 08, 2019, 08:05:02 AM
The will probably be going to WN for the 1

They won't be. WN already have enough for the 1. They're not going to have 9 extra's for the same service.

BK63 YWP

Quote from: Nathan on November 08, 2019, 10:15:49 AM
They won't be. WN already have enough for the 1. They're not going to have 9 extra's for the same service.

Crimson them for the 59 with the green branding :D
The Funny sounding Enviro 400

15 Wolverhampton to Merry Hill
15A Wolverhampton Merry Hill
16 Wolverhampton to Stourbridge

X10 Gornal Wood

ross4122

Quote from: Winston on November 08, 2019, 12:27:29 AM
And my point was the very route you mentioned i.e. 28/29 is having more existing buses upgraded to Euro 6 with exhaust treatment upgrades (as per NXWM's existing fleet), with more to follow according to the press release. Dundee with a total fleet of 114 aren't going to get 18 new Emerald's every year, looking at the numbers, the 28/29 is quite a high Pvr.
Correct - 28/29 has a Monday-Saturday PVR of 15. Despite 7 (out of the 18 BU06 reg) B7TLs being Euro6 compliant, very rarely are all of these vehicles deployed on the 28/29 in one day - presumably due to maintenance requirements, or the way they are parked at night in the depot. Moreover, 9 out of 18 47-- Geminis are required for Fife Schools.

Last I heard, which was some time ago, was that the new vehicles were to go on the 1A/1B which has a Mon-Sat PVR of 8.

winston

Quote from: ross4122 on November 08, 2019, 04:03:10 PM
Correct - 28/29 has a Monday-Saturday PVR of 15. Despite 7 (out of the 18 BU06 reg) B7TLs being Euro6 compliant, very rarely are all of these vehicles deployed on the 28/29 in one day - presumably due to maintenance requirements, or the way they are parked at night in the depot. Moreover, 9 out of 18 47-- Geminis are required for Fife Schools.

Last I heard, which was some time ago, was that the new vehicles were to go on the 1A/1B which has a Mon-Sat PVR of 8.

With Dundee CC looking to introduce Low Emission Zones as per the West Midlands, I suspect Explore Dundee with see an increasing number of new deliveries & Euro 6 upgrades of the existing fleet during the course of the next two years, plus during 2020, NXWM will be fully Euro 6 compliant. 

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk