News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Xplore Dundee

Started by winston, February 13, 2013, 10:57:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cheese

Just seen what looked like an ex Travel Dundee Solo in a yard near Laurencekirk station, possibly with an operator called Nichols? No idea which one it was.

Michael Bevan

I've just been looking through some of the Dundee photographs on the website and noticed quite a few vehicles are being repainted at the moment. I'm probably a bit late in asking and also it's probably been mentioned before, but do these vehicles go to Walsall Paint Shop for repaint? Or do they go to somewhere in Scotland for repaint?

Squiz1971

Quote from: Michael Bevan on August 06, 2016, 07:27:15 PM
I've just been looking through some of the Dundee photographs on the website and noticed quite a few vehicles are being repainted at the moment. I'm probably a bit late in asking and also it's probably been mentioned before, but do these vehicles go to Walsall Paint Shop for repaint? Or do they go to somewhere in Scotland for repaint?
Any from brum are done at Walsall but the Dundee buses are done by an independent company up in Dundee or in house I think

Tony

Nothing has ever come down to Walsall yet (well not since the Volvo Citybuses many years ago) just for repaint, but watch this space!

winston

The ones cascaded up to Dundee are obviously painted at Walsall prior to departure. The existing Dundee fleet are painted by an outside contractor in Scotland, Dundee did/do have a painter that painted 2057/8 in-house at Dock St depot, I'm not that option still exists and they still sent the Gemini's out to be done at that time.

Michael Bevan

Quote from: Winston on August 06, 2016, 07:31:56 PM
The ones cascaded up to Dundee are obviously painted at Walsall prior to departure. The existing Dundee fleet are painted by an outside contractor in Scotland, Dundee did/do have a painter that painted 2057/8 in-house at Dock St depot, I'm not that option still exists and they still sent the Gemini's out to be done at that time.

Ah ok. I'm aware the cascades are done at Walsall. I just wondered what happened to the existing fleet. Thanks for that @Winston!

Trident 4609

1774 now branded for the 32/3 services

Jack6101

Local routes
74-Dudley -great bridge-west Brom-soho road-hockey-Birmingham
87-Dudley-tividale-oldbury-smethick-Dudley road , city hosp, Birmingham
126-Dudley-Birchley island-bearwood-Birmingham
14- Dudley - Oakham -whiteheath- blackheath- Quinton - helsowen
14A- Dudley - Oakham ( city road ) - blackheath - oldhill - Cradley Heath- quarry bank - merry hill

Trident 4609

JIM C

Quote from: Cheese on August 05, 2016, 05:49:15 PM
Just seen what looked like an ex Travel Dundee Solo in a yard near Laurencekirk station, possibly with an operator called Nichols? No idea which one it was.
Nichols is owned by JP Coaches Forfar.whom we have sold a good few solos to .Probably up there for school contracts .

Cheese

Quote from: JIM C on August 09, 2016, 07:31:12 PM
Nichols is owned by JP Coaches Forfar.whom we have sold a good few solos to .Probably up there for school contracts .

Thanks for that, was difficult to see when going past at speed on a 170!  Had a closer look on Sunday when going back south on a HST but couldn't see an ID.

BU07 LGO

Quote from: Kiewii on August 08, 2016, 06:51:51 PM
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10155105243138852&set=o.1547277218859132

Something doesn't look right with that eclipse, the emergency door looks too narrow to other eclipse Urbans?

winston

Quote from: BU07 LGO on August 10, 2016, 12:21:30 AM
Something doesn't look right with that eclipse, the emergency door looks too narrow to other eclipse Urbans?

Might just be the angle of the photo, having the right coloured replacement panels underneath the advert would be a big plus....

JIM C

4053,4056,4110,4115,and 4116.All withdrawn from today .hoppers and ticket machines all taken out of them .

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk