News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Xplore Dundee

Started by winston, February 13, 2013, 10:57:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PM

Quote from: 2206 on January 13, 2016, 10:00:35 PM
Some of the Volvo B10Bs are for sale on Drew Wilsons website.
http://www.drewwilson.co.uk/listings/1999-volvo-b10b-wrights-body/

Look decent tbh, ex GNE ones have been snapped up by independents, they can be DDA'd and probably run and run!

JIM C

how are these buses not dda?. they have everything that a gemini have .

Quote from: JIM C on January 15, 2016, 12:47:49 AM
how are these buses not dda?. they have everything that a gemini have .
good question, I to have often thought that, the mercs 0405N T and v plates disabled area looks no different to a plaxton president which were made DDA compliant during there refurbs during 07/08, the T and V plate mercs also had ramps built into the floor as well. Clearly I,m missing some thing here, may be those who know could enlighten us.

MW

Quote from: 2900 on January 15, 2016, 08:50:29 AM
good question, I to have often thought that, the mercs 0405N T and v plates disabled area looks no different to a plaxton president which were made DDA compliant during there refurbs during 07/08, the T and V plate mercs also had ramps built into the floor as well. Clearly I,m missing some thing here, may be those who know could enlighten us.

I've always thought it's something to do with the width and length of the actual ramp and disabled area and the corridor.

Quote from: MW on January 15, 2016, 08:52:26 AM
I've always thought it's something to do with the width and length of the actual ramp and disabled area and the corridor.
to me any way the presidents are the narrowest double deckers in the fleet especially the area between the front two wheels and yet these were made compliant.

DavieDD2

Could it not also have something to do with the emissions on the B10BLE's? they have older 9.8L engines in them. (not sure what the Mercs have)

JIM C

I thought of that but it cant be as they wouldn,t be able to sell them on .

Tony

DDA is nothing to do with engines, emissions or the like, It is solely to do with helping less able people travel easily. It's not just about wheelchairs, it is about all sorts of thing and problems people with reduced mobility or reduced vision may need to make life easier

DavieDD2

Quote from: Tony on January 15, 2016, 04:20:09 PM
DDA is nothing to do with engines, emissions or the like, It is solely to do with helping less able people travel easily. It's not just about wheelchairs, it is about all sorts of thing and problems people with reduced mobility or reduced vision may need to make life easier

We know that @Tony , we were just trying to work out why these last few B10BLE's were being withdrawn and sold on instead of being scrapped. You know how to hit a nerve!, as a passenger with 'reduced vision', would you like to inform XD that covering the windows of our B7RLE's with promotional stickers you can't see through isn't very helpful!

PM

Quote from: DavieDD2 on January 15, 2016, 04:41:00 PM
We know that @Tony , we were just trying to work out why these last few B10BLE's were being withdrawn and sold on instead of being scrapped. You know how to hit a nerve!, as a passenger with 'reduced vision', would you like to inform XD that covering the windows of our B7RLE's with promotional stickers you can't see through isn't very helpful!

Haha, thought those ad's had been gone a while now though? https://www.flickr.com/photos/dwbphotos/8108082336/ They did look absolutely horrendous though, cheap and nasty!

Tony

Quote from: DavieDD2 on January 15, 2016, 04:41:00 PM

B10BLEs can be converted to DDA reasonably easily as proved by First Group who have converted many of them, so although NX didn't need to as they have enough DDA buses, it doesn't mean another operator after a bargain might buy one and convert it

DavieDD2

Fair point @Tony , I'm guessing the 4 for sale are the best of the bunch so resale was possible for them.

@DiamondDart , Yes, those ads are long gone but were better than the ones on the side windows of our single deckers, the old ads were made of a dot matrix pattern which meant you could still see out from onboard, the new ones are solid vinyls and you can see SFA through them.

PM

Quote from: Tony on January 15, 2016, 05:18:10 PM
B10BLEs can be converted to DDA reasonably easily as proved by First Group who have converted many of them, so although NX didn't need to as they have enough DDA buses, it doesn't mean another operator after a bargain might buy one and convert it

£7k for a 17 year old bus you'd have to pay DDA conversion costs on on top is a bargain???!!! The ex GNE heavily refurbished ones are selling but they've been refloored, seats recovered, new frames and plastic all repainted. Those NX ones aren't anything approaching that...

JIM C

they are all gone now.

winston

Quote from: JIM C on January 28, 2016, 12:31:29 AM
they are all gone now.

They sold pretty quick, surprised more weren't offered for sale instead of being scrapped

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk