News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Xplore Dundee

Started by winston, February 13, 2013, 10:57:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JIM C

Quote from: Winston on October 04, 2015, 03:46:50 PM
@JIM C Tony's posted elesehwere that are still some more to come, see above quote
when we calculated the cascades it came to the exact number of B10s that would leave .the only other thing is a few more spare buses which would be handy .

Tony

Quote from: JIM C on October 04, 2015, 04:36:51 PM
when we calculated the cascades it came to the exact number of B10s that would leave .the only other thing is a few more spare buses which would be handy .

The last two Presidents to arrive are reserve fleet vehicles to act as a paint float, so Dundee can send two extra buses at a time away for repaint, not transfers as such

Cammy7153

7147 is the last remaining Volvo B10L in the National Express fleet.

ross4122

I believe there are 5 new Volvo B5LH Gemini 3 on order for Xplore Dundee due for arrival next year, and 4798 is being brought up to Dundee in February for trial.

Mike K

Quote from: ross4122 on October 14, 2015, 08:43:46 PM
I believe there are 5 new Volvo B5LH Gemini 3 on order for Xplore Dundee due for arrival next year, and 4798 is being brought up to Dundee in February for trial.

Interesting. Are these the subject of any funding such as Green Bus? I thought that without that, the costs of hybrids was prohibitive. Good to see Wright / Volvo deckers back on the order books if this is true (shame the new Gemini 3 body is so weird looking).

winston

Quote from: Mike K on October 14, 2015, 09:03:52 PM
Interesting. Are these the subject of any funding such as Green Bus? I thought that without that, the costs of hybrids was prohibitive. Good to see Wright / Volvo deckers back on the order books if this is true (shame the new Gemini 3 body is so weird looking).

There has recently been another round of Scottish Green Bus Funding just released, but I believe operators are only just in the process of bidding for it, let alone any awards being made.

Tony

Quote from: ross4122 on October 14, 2015, 08:43:46 PM

Best of luck waiting for those

Mike K

Quote from: Tony on October 14, 2015, 10:02:19 PM
Best of luck waiting for those

Take it that's a no then?

DavieDD2

We have so many geriatric Presidents up here propping up Dundee's fleet that will fall foul of some kind of legislation before long that we're going to need some kind of significant cascade to keep us on the road, reliant on the english again, makes me puke.

MW

Quote from: DavieDD2 on October 15, 2015, 01:40:25 AM
We have so many geriatric Presidents up here propping up Dundee's fleet that will fall foul of some kind of legislation before long that we're going to need some kind of significant cascade to keep us on the road, reliant on the english again, makes me puke.

Lol, they're terrible aren't they. I've only had one Gemini break down on me (4525). I've had at least 10 Presidents break down in comparison.

DavieDD2

Eh'm geen it laldy the night boys, just ingroe uz!!

DavieDD2

Quote from: MW on October 15, 2015, 01:45:09 AM
Lol, they're terrible aren't they. I've only had one Gemini break down on me (4525). I've had at least 10 Presidents break down in comparison.

You've just made my point for me m8, not that half of our Gemini's are any better (7001-7018), compared to the WM ones, they're scrap, (7002,3, finally been refurbed into Xplore Dundee, first referb in their life)

Cammy7153

Apparently some of the Presidents are good to drive, Some love them and some just despise them!

Personally I hate these presidents. Slow, Unreliable and interiors are a mess!

468-4686 aren't so bad but I think our Dundee Geminis have more power than you guys sent us!

ross4122

The Dundee Geminis, 7001-7018 are crap, simply that. Noisy, dirty, clout black smoke out of the exhaust pipe and I could carry on. 4680-4686 are much better, not nearly as noisy, and have been fully refurbished.

My info about the Hybrids for Dundee was given from a 3rd party source on the Dundee forum, Dean Hutton then Cammy7153 on here carried on and said that they were the Volvo Hybrids.

Cammy7153

Quote from: ross4122 on October 15, 2015, 09:04:34 AM
The Dundee Geminis, 7001-7018 are crap, simply that. Noisy, dirty, clout black smoke out of the exhaust pipe and I could carry on. 4680-4686 are much better, not nearly as noisy, and have been fully refurbished.

My info about the Hybrids for Dundee was given from a 3rd party source on the Dundee forum, Dean Hutton then Cammy7153 on here carried on and said that they were the Volvo Hybrids.
Baring in mind I used the word 'apparently' that there's 5 B5LHs on order..

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk