News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Xplore Dundee

Started by winston, February 13, 2013, 10:57:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony

Two more 17xx should have arrived today

ChrisF7165

Chris Forbes

Those were the days ... Working at Acocks Green on the 11A

Tony

Two more Presidents heading up in the next couple of weeks as a paintfloat to get more of the native fleet into green

Quote from: Tony on August 23, 2015, 06:54:21 PM
Two more Presidents heading up in the next couple of weeks as a paintfloat to get more of the native fleet into green
Is 7002 currently being repainted into the Xplore Dundee livery @Tony
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Tony

Quote from: 2206 on August 23, 2015, 07:00:20 PM
Is 7002 currently being repainted into the Xplore Dundee livery @Tony

Dundee's native fleet will be done by outside contractors in Scotland and I don't know what order they will be done in

Quote from: Tony on August 23, 2015, 07:08:39 PM
Dundee's native fleet will be done by outside contractors in Scotland and I don't know what order they will be done in
Thanks @Tony read that one was being done on another website.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

JIM C

Tony any idea of the reg Nos of the new streetlites .ive noticed in the past you have known on order plates well before they arrive?

Tony

Quote from: JIM C on August 23, 2015, 08:18:57 PM
Tony any idea of the reg Nos of the new streetlites .ive noticed in the past you have known on order plates well before they arrive?

Not yet I'm afraid

DavieDD2

JIM C

Davie they might not be registered in dundee .look at birmingham they have glasgow and yorkshire registrations .

T840MAK

Being from Wrights, most likely be SN65 ***.
Twitter @TomCousins60054
Flickr https://www.flickr.com/photos/modeltrains33/

Stu

Quote from: T840MAK on August 24, 2015, 09:16:01 AM
Being from Wrights, most likely be SN65 ***.

Do Wrightbus have a dealer in Scotland? If not, and they're registered by Wrightbus, wouldn't they have Northern Ireland plates?

My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

tank90

Quote from: Stu on August 24, 2015, 06:12:37 PM
Do Wrightbus have a dealer in Scotland? If not, and they're registered by Wrightbus, wouldn't they have Northern Ireland plates?

In Short no not NI plates the only reason TFL has LTZ is because thats what they are using for the Boris buses. Wright tend to use Scotland for its buses.
Midland Red West, one of the best Companies to serve Redditch, with some of the best buses.

Dan

Mike K

Quote from: tank90 on August 24, 2015, 06:52:23 PM
In Short no not NI plates the only reason TFL has LTZ is because thats what they are using for the Boris buses. Wright tend to use Scotland for its buses.

I find the new system post local DVLA office closure confusing. I understand why most ADL vehicles have Scottish or Yorkshire plates, and many Volvos carry Birmingham plates, but some deliveries including some Arriva, Go North East and the new yellow E400s for Plymouth Citybus carry local plates. How do they do that with no local DVLA offices? And why do Brigton's Wright Streetdecks carry Birmingham plates?

Stu

Quote from: Mike K on August 24, 2015, 07:26:18 PM
I find the new system post local DVLA office closure confusing. I understand why most ADL vehicles have Scottish or Yorkshire plates, and many Volvos carry Birmingham plates, but some deliveries including some Arriva, Go North East and the new yellow E400s for Plymouth Citybus carry local plates. How do they do that with no local DVLA offices? And why do Brigton's Wright Streetdecks carry Birmingham plates?

As I understand it, with the closure of local DVLA offices, vehicles are now registered from where they are supplied, so yes Volvo Bus have a dealership in Warwick, so those would have Birmingham Bx plates, and ADL have factories supplying direct in Falkirk and Scarborough so those have either Sx or Yx plates.

Wrightbus don't show any dealers on their website, so if they sell their own buses (eg Streetlites) direct from factory, my presumption would have been that they would have NI plates. And yes, 'LTZ' does appear to be an exclusive NI prefix for buses built for TFL.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk