News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Xplore Dundee

Started by winston, February 13, 2013, 10:57:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

John

Any idea what the plain white unregistered WF StreetLite that was parked in the garage is for? Don't know if it is still there now,  but it seemed to be used as a staffroom when I was up there last month. Is it one of the new batch mentioned?

ross4122

Quote from: John on August 05, 2015, 12:05:09 PM
Any idea what the plain white unregistered WF StreetLite that was parked in the garage is for? Don't know if it is still there now,  but it seemed to be used as a staffroom when I was up there last month. Is it one of the new batch mentioned?
I was told they were used for type training, but @JIM C will tell you the definite answer.

Tony

The fleet numbers mentioned are correct.  Anyone wanting to see 1779. There is apparently a vehicle show in Dundeethis weekend and NXD are taking 1779 & 7001

JIM C

Quote from: ross4122 on August 05, 2015, 04:00:00 PM
I was told they were used for type training, but @JIM C will tell you the definite answer.
As ross say it was used as type training for the drivers . its gone now as it was,nt one of ours .it was here for the open day in june and was kept for a few weeks .

DavieDD2

1779 now arrived in Dundee, @Tony, time to update the name of this thread m8, it's Xplore Dundee now!

Tony

Quote from: DavieDD2 on August 05, 2015, 08:32:53 PM
1779 now arrived in Dundee, @Tony, time to update the name of this thread m8, it's Xplore Dundee now!

It was there at 15:00.
I drove it there

DavieDD2

As we say in Dundee, 'chaps' m8, if anyone should know it's you under the circumstances! I hope you weren't too embarrassed driving such a poorly liveried bus up here, my heart goes out to the poor sods that have to drive it on whichever routes it's hoisted upon, only camouflage uniforms could do it justice. Welcome to Dundee by the way! (you don't have to tell me it's a toilet, I live here, I know!)

Will you be bringing 1786 up?

Tony

Quote from: DavieDD2 on August 06, 2015, 02:08:39 AM
As we say in Dundee, 'chaps' m8, if anyone should know it's you under the circumstances! I hope you weren't too embarrassed driving such a poorly liveried bus up here, my heart goes out to the poor sods that have to drive it on whichever routes it's hoisted upon, only camouflage uniforms could do it justice. Welcome to Dundee by the way! (you don't have to tell me it's a toilet, I live here, I know!)

Will you be bringing 1786 up?

Strange because it got a lot of good comments including some like. At last, Dundee buses are the proper colour again

DavieDD2

Read the Dundee Area Bus Forum Tony, you'd be surprised just how unpopular the rancid green is!

Tony

Quote from: DavieDD2 on August 06, 2015, 05:21:50 AM
Read the Dundee Area Bus Forum Tony, you'd be surprised just how unpopular the rancid green is!

Yes, but read this forum and a lot of things NXWM or Diamond do are 'unpopular' amongst armchair forum experts, but it's quite often a different story from Joe Public when passenger numbers increase. Read any Railway forum and Pendolino and Voyagers are the worst trains ever built, but your ordinary passenger will say otherwise except for the overcrowding because they are so popular

Liberator9

The new livery looks very good - very eye catching and smart. The Crimson version already turns heads, and sure this will too. It's a far cry from the previous red and white livery! Yeah - do like the Pendolinos and Voyagers - if the latter were longer and had a refurb then they'd be better.

domino.99

Personally I like it, it gives Dundee it's own brand instead of using the NXWM livery they have their own and have their own name.

don

Quote from: Tony on August 06, 2015, 05:16:15 AM
Strange because it got a lot of good comments including some like. At last, Dundee buses are the proper colour again

Shall you be bringing back 1787 for rebranding? Or one of the 468x?

You're right about enthusiast forums (or is it fora?!) - no matter what the subject area, be it cars, music, trains or even buses, views expressed are often far removed from what the general public think. For example, who'd have thought the general public would perceive a re trimmed and nicely refurbished 14 yr old Trident to be a new bus?

I really like the Dundee livery but it's a shame some tartan couldn't have been incorporated, such as on the side flash, or on the seats like my golf gti (my missus wouldn't allow leather upholstery because she so likes the standard tartan!!) - although I guess choosing one would be a nightmare to please everyone - rather like the livery.
Bustimes.org - armchair bus chasing at its best
wmbusphotos.com - armchair bus spotting and news at its best.

Current 'special passenger validation' permit held.

BK63 YWP

Latest Photo of NXD 321 with Merry Christmas on the blinds in the middle of Summer haha
The Funny sounding Enviro 400

15 Wolverhampton to Merry Hill
15A Wolverhampton Merry Hill
16 Wolverhampton to Stourbridge

X10 Gornal Wood

Kiewii

Quote from: Chris on August 09, 2015, 08:04:32 PM
Latest Photo of NXD 321 with Merry Christmas on the blinds in the middle of Summer haha

Because most NXD buses do not have 'Not in Service' on the displays

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk