News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Xplore Dundee

Started by winston, February 13, 2013, 10:57:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

don

Quote from: John on July 10, 2015, 07:33:16 PM
7001 is now in Dundee Heritage Livery
https://www.flickr.com/photos/kiewii/19581867115/

That looks excellent - nice livery. Not too sure about those rear upstairs seat passengers though!! Looks like it has inward facing seats unless the passengers are sat on each other's laps!!
Bustimes.org - armchair bus chasing at its best
wmbusphotos.com - armchair bus spotting and news at its best.

Current 'special passenger validation' permit held.

MW

Quote from: don on July 11, 2015, 11:13:04 PM
That looks excellent - nice livery. Not too sure about those rear upstairs seat passengers though!! Looks like it has inward facing seats unless the passengers are sat on each other's laps!!

Surely it's the same spec as the NXWM 4600 batch?

CL

Quote from: MW on July 11, 2015, 11:35:52 PM
Quote from: don on July 11, 2015, 11:13:04 PM
Quote from: MW on July 11, 2015, 11:35:52 PM
No rear facing seat. You can see the (faded) red handlebar on the seat, above the green hoodie's shoulder. ;)
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

John

I know its a long shot, but does anyone know where in Edinburgh the NXD rail replacement starts from. Is it outside Edinburgh Waverley?

Off to Edinburgh after work tomorrow till Tuesday and planning to visit Dundee one day too

DavieDD2

Dundee is only an hour and a quarter away from Edinburgh by train, most of the waterfront area is nothing more than a massive building site just now but don't let that put you off visiting!

Kiewii

Quote from: John on July 15, 2015, 05:39:41 PM
I know its a long shot, but does anyone know where in Edinburgh the NXD rail replacement starts from. Is it outside Edinburgh Waverley?

Off to Edinburgh after work tomorrow till Tuesday and planning to visit Dundee one day too

Yes, should be outside Waverley

Only two buses are on rail replacement now, though I didn't see any while in Edinburgh last Monday

John

Quote from: DavieDD2 on July 15, 2015, 05:43:47 PM
Dundee is only an hour and a quarter away from Edinburgh by train, most of the waterfront area is nothing more than a massive building site just now but don't let that put you off visiting!

It won't! It would be a shame going all the way to Edinburgh and not going to Dundee.

Thanks both for the info

DavieDD2

Bus wise, given all the cascaded Presidents and Geminis up here you'll feel right at home! If you're bringing a camera with you, be sure to snap anything with a 7xxx fleet number, they're a dying breed and will soon be extinct (even our SP54 plated Geminis are starting to show their age!)

Kiewii

7001 has been refurbished with hybrid seat covers.

crepello

I was briefly in Dundee last night and managed a spin on ex Yardley Wood 4119 on route 17. I had not appreciated that the interiors were pretty much unchanged. Driver was amenable and loved our travel cards.

Tony

Quote from: crepello on July 31, 2015, 08:36:13 AM
I was briefly in Dundee last night and managed a spin on ex Yardley Wood 4119 on route 17. I had not appreciated that the interiors were pretty much unchanged. Driver was amenable and loved our travel cards.

All Dundee have done to them is change the fleetnames cosmetically. What they have done to the presidents is seal all the leaks on the bodywork, so they are waterproof again

JIM C

Tony any idea of the fleet numbers for the 5 streetlites due in september?.

Kiewii

Quote from: JIM C on August 04, 2015, 03:50:37 PM
Tony any idea of the fleet numbers for the 5 streetlites due in september?.

They were already posted on the Dundee forum. 431-435

JIM C

when? as my boss,es dont seem to know yet.

DavieDD2

Couldn't say I saw them on the Dundee forum either

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk