News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Xplore Dundee

Started by winston, February 13, 2013, 10:57:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JIM C

The winning livery design was  ;A ; With 82% of the vote .it was announced today .

Gareth

It was hardly a fair contest. I was secretly hoping that B was going to win! Haha. Did they just pick one so awful and one too bland that A had to win?

Eric Shaw

7138, 7148, 7168 and 7175 have been reported withdrawn on this thread but have not been reported in the monthly changes. Why is this please?

Gareth

Maybe NXD haven't updated their system or passed on the information to the relevant people.

Tony

Quote from: Gareth on July 06, 2015, 09:31:13 PM
Maybe NXD haven't updated their system or passed on the information to the relevant people.

Spot on!

Kiewii

Quote from: Eric Shaw on July 06, 2015, 09:23:41 PM
7138, 7148, 7168 and 7175 have been reported withdrawn on this thread but have not been reported in the monthly changes. Why is this please?

Only 7138, 7148 and 7168 have been withdrawn out of those

DavieDD2

Quote from: Gareth on July 06, 2015, 07:08:13 PM
It was hardly a fair contest. I was secretly hoping that B was going to win! Haha. Did they just pick one so awful and one too bland that A had to win?

That's definitely the impression I got.

DavieDD2

I was asked on the Dundee forum if I could give an idea of how the double deckers will look in the new livery, just thought I'd share it here as well, have to admit, it looks a lot better on an actual bus than in drawings.
5429 SP13 BSZ Xplore Dundee Alexander Dennis Enviro 400H (proposed) by DD02 BUS, on Flickr

John

PM

Tony

Quote from: DiamondDart on July 10, 2015, 10:04:46 PM
Yet it's still got worn looking TWM trim ::)

NX Dundee are currently working on finding someone to do all the retrims. Miller Street hasn't got the capacity even if the seats could get there

PM

Quote from: Tony on July 10, 2015, 10:31:30 PM
NX Dundee are currently working on finding someone to do all the retrims. Miller Street hasn't got the capacity even if the seats could get there

Didn't they retrim and refurb a B10L with a matter of months left in service?

The Real 4778

Quote from: John on July 10, 2015, 07:33:16 PM
7001 is now in Dundee Heritage Livery
https://www.flickr.com/photos/kiewii/19581867115/

Love the comments to the photo - it had never occurred to me that the company name abbreviates to the singularly Scottish slang term of 'NED.'
Don't you start.

D10

Quote from: John on July 10, 2015, 07:33:16 PM
7001 is now in Dundee Heritage Livery
https://www.flickr.com/photos/kiewii/19581867115/

Looks good, works as both a reminder of their heritage, and to pre-empt the arrival of the next generation of green liveried buses to the streets of Dundee!

don

Quote from: DavieDD2 on July 07, 2015, 09:03:28 PM
I was asked on the Dundee forum if I could give an idea of how the double deckers will look in the new livery, just thought I'd share it here as well, have to admit, it looks a lot better on an actual bus than in drawings.
5429 SP13 BSZ Xplore Dundee Alexander Dennis Enviro 400H (proposed) by DD02 BUS, on Flickr

Looks excellent - nice job DavieDD2. The one thing the impressions of all the liveries don't give, which is quite stunning on the vehicles, particularly the Crimson and Coventry liveries is the very high gloss finish. I'm sure this will be the case with the XPlore Dundee livery as well. 
Bustimes.org - armchair bus chasing at its best
wmbusphotos.com - armchair bus spotting and news at its best.

Current 'special passenger validation' permit held.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk