News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Xplore Dundee

Started by winston, February 13, 2013, 10:57:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Real 4778

Quote from: arrifirststage on June 22, 2015, 11:46:57 AM
What is so amazing to me is the sheer number of bus spotters whose technical knowledge ,based purely on observation,makes them far more qualified to run a bus Company than professionals with years of experience

I'm surprised you can interpret what a number of them are even saying   :P
Don't you start.

Kiewii

National Express Dundee will be changing its name to 'Xplore Dundee', with a brand new livery to go with it

domino.99

Quote from: Kiewii on June 27, 2015, 03:05:45 PM
National Express Dundee will be changing its name to 'Xplore Dundee', with a brand new livery to go with it

Does this meaning it is leaving the 'National Express' Franchise?

Kiewii

Quote from: Dom on June 27, 2015, 03:07:09 PM
Does this meaning it is leaving the 'National Express' Franchise?

No, should still be NX

domino.99

Kiewii

Quote from: Dom on June 27, 2015, 03:17:41 PM
How do you know this?

Managing Director of NXD, and their Facebook page.

JIM C

Open day today at the depot ,the public voted for a new livery [2 tone green] with the name XPLORE DUNDEE] We will still be part on the group nothing will change apart from the name .Its to bring back a local identity to the service.

DavieDD2

Jim, the public voted for the most acceptable version of what the MD wanted, we had no say in the matter what so ever, Dundee isn't that big, I will walk before I get on a bus that colour and I've got a free concession pass! (I need the exercise anyway!)

arrifirststage

Quote from: DavieDD2 on June 28, 2015, 12:02:05 AM
Jim, the public voted for the most acceptable version of what the MD wanted, we had no say in the matter what so ever, Dundee isn't that big, I will walk before I get on a bus that colour and I've got a free concession pass! (I need the exercise anyway!)

This is very much a generation thing........we all prefer what existed in our teens,in your case blue buses.
Because I am much older than you,for example,I much prefer green Dundee  buses and yellow Alexander Northern buses for that matter.

Tony

Quote from: Michael Bevan on June 30, 2015, 07:18:07 PM
Just seen this. I think it's a really good idea! Maybe the whole of National Express should follow:
http://www.thecourier.co.uk/news/local/dundee/dundee-buses-to-pull-over-to-respect-national-minute-s-silence-for-tunisia-beach-attack-victims-1.887446

Instead of just posting what you see on facebook without checking first why not have a look at the NXWM website. It's on the front page, so doesn't take much checking

MW

Quote from: Tony on June 30, 2015, 07:22:15 PM
Instead of just posting what you see on facebook without checking first why not have a look at the NXWM website. It's on the front page, so doesn't take much checking

If it's safe to do so?

Sutton lines on the expressway lol

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: MW on June 30, 2015, 07:25:17 PM
If it's safe to do so?

Sutton lines on the expressway lol

Exactly, but i assume drivers will keep an eye on there watch and maybe even slightly delay there journey so this can take place.

Very very sad especially as we also shortly have the commemoration of the 10 year anniversary of 7/7, probably shouldn't say it here, but i will, we all have to stand firm to ensure that the terrorists never ever win and showing our solidarity and respect for the dead and injured on Friday will help this cause.
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

DavieDD2

We're not all on twatbook, and as far as the pull over is concerned, I totally support it, the loss of British lives to extremists should always be commemorated and I applaud National Express Dundee and West Midlands for their stance on this issue.

DavieDD2

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on June 30, 2015, 07:32:33 PM
Exactly, but i assume drivers will keep an eye on there watch and maybe even slightly delay there journey so this can take place.

Very very sad especially as we also shortly have the commemoration of the 10 year anniversary of 7/7, probably shouldn't say it here, but i will, we all have to stand firm to ensure that the terrorists never ever win and showing our solidarity and respect for the dead and injured on Friday will help this cause.

I agree whole-heartedly.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk