News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Xplore Dundee

Started by winston, February 13, 2013, 10:57:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Liberator9

Why transfer Scanias up to Dundee when firstly Dundee already have B7RLEs, secondly Dundee sent Scanias down after only under 2 years of use of them, and why transfer Scanias out of the west mids when they're doing fine.

DavieDD2

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on June 21, 2015, 09:36:25 PM
To be honest, i think they should transfer Presidents and Omnidumps to Dundee, the B7Rles are to good for Dundee!!

Better still, sell off the Dundee garage and keep all your crap down south, we'll look after ourselves.

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: DavieDD2 on June 21, 2015, 10:04:42 PM
Better still, sell off the Dundee garage and keep all your crap down south, we'll look after ourselves.

If only it was that easy!
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

DavieDD2

I'm sure Stagecoach or First would be only too happy to take over, and they are Scottish companies at least.

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: DavieDD2 on June 21, 2015, 10:12:52 PM
I'm sure Stagecoach or First would be only too happy to take over, and they are Scottish companies at least.

The problem is that National Express should have kept the West Midlands and Dundee operations totally seperate, therefore any new buses buses required by Dundee could stay with them and all the West Midland buses would either be used down here or withdrawn.

The same happened here in the West Midlands for example when WB received the Darts ex Travel London. They weren't that old, but even a few years of service in London and they can be tired and worn.
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

DavieDD2

You're probably right, but when TWM took over Tayside in 1997 our fleet of relics was in such need of replacement that all TWM could do was bring us into the fold in order to spread the cost needed to replace our aging buses, and for as much as it pains me to say it, we'll be stuck under english rule until the books balance.

Tony

Quote from: DavieDD2 on June 21, 2015, 10:28:42 PM
You're probably right, but when TWM took over Tayside in 1997 our fleet of relics was in such need of replacement that all TWM could do was bring us into the fold in order to spread the cost needed to replace our aging buses, and for as much as it pains me to say it, we'll be stuck under english rule until the books balance.

When TWM took over in Dundee they invested massively compared to the size of the fleet with all those B10L & B10BLEs, making Dundee the first low floor fleet in Scotland/

The problem with Scanias in Dundee is there is no Scania dealer nearby for parts & repairs which is one reason those 15 came south

JIM C

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on June 21, 2015, 09:36:25 PM
To be honest, i think they should transfer Presidents and Omnidumps to Dundee, the B7Rles are to good for Dundee!!
what makes you think that .i have been driving buses here for 40 years and can safely say these volvo B7s are the worst new buses we have ever had .the scanias  were much better .

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: JIM C on June 21, 2015, 10:43:50 PM
what makes you think that .i have been driving buses here for 40 years and can safely say these volvo B7s are the worst new buses we have ever had .the scanias  were much better .

I think the Volvo B7s are excellent machines and had hoped we would get them at PE.

JIM C

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on June 21, 2015, 10:19:48 PM
The problem is that National Express should have kept the West Midlands and Dundee operations totally seperate, therefore any new buses buses required by Dundee could stay with them and all the West Midland buses would either be used down here or withdrawn.

The same happened here in the West Midlands for example when WB received the Darts ex Travel London. They weren't that old, but even a few years of service in London and they can be tired and worn.
when we sold our company to twm we were assured it would be run totally independent from the parent company ,but as the years went by more and more things were decided by the management in birmingham

Jim c, which Volvo B7,s are you referring to

ChrisF7165

4046 Has entered service today
Chris Forbes

Those were the days ... Working at Acocks Green on the 11A

arrifirststage

Quote from: Tony on June 21, 2015, 10:39:08 PM
When TWM took over in Dundee they invested massively compared to the size of the fleet with all those B10L & B10BLEs, making Dundee the first low floor fleet in Scotland/

The problem with Scanias in Dundee is there is no Scania dealer nearby for parts & repairs which is one reason those 15 came south

What is so amazing to me is the sheer number of bus spotters whose technical knowledge ,based purely on observation,makes them far more qualified to run a bus Company than professionals with years of experience

uniquicity

Quote from: arrifirststage on June 22, 2015, 11:46:57 AM
What is so amazing to me is the sheer number of bus spotters whose technical knowledge ,based purely on observation,makes them far more qualified to run a bus Company than professionals with years of experience

This quote wins the thread.

JIM C

Quote from: 2900 on June 22, 2015, 10:37:39 AM
Jim c, which Volvo B7,s are you referring to
The single deck 61/12 reg ones .

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk