News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Megabus

Started by Wumpty, March 29, 2022, 09:59:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wumpty

Does anyone know which garage/operator does the 0720 Birmingham to Heathrow service? Nothing on their website to indictae other than it's a Megabus own service.
Autofare 3 - the ticket that laughs in the face of contactless!

DJ

Quote from: Wumpty on March 29, 2022, 09:59:27 AM
Does anyone know which garage/operator does the 0720 Birmingham to Heathrow service? Nothing on their website to indictae other than it's a Megabus own service.

There isn't an 0720 to Heathrow, the earliest departure for London is the daily 0905 M15 ran by MP Travel, or the 0305 M15 departure which is ran by Stagecoach.

Any views/comments are my own and do not reflect those of my employer.

Wumpty

Quote from: DJ on March 29, 2022, 07:39:39 PMThere isn't an 0720 to Heathrow, the earliest departure for London is the daily 0905 M15 ran by MP Travel, or the 0305 M15 departure which is ran by Stagecoach.

This is the service we've booked.

Megabus BHM-HTR3

DJ

Quote from: Wumpty on April 05, 2022, 09:47:39 AMThis is the service we've booked.

Megabus BHM-HTR3

Ah right, yeah, there's some extra services as of Monday as we've gone back to a full timetable. I'll post the Birmingham departures list once I receive it today, before it goes up at the stop tomorrow.

Wumpty

Quote from: DJ on April 05, 2022, 11:11:35 AMAh right, yeah, there's some extra services as of Monday as we've gone back to a full timetable. I'll post the Birmingham departures list once I receive it today, before it goes up at the stop tomorrow.
Which garage operates this service please DJ?

DJ

Here's the full list of departures from Birmingham, copied over from the actual poster that'll be going up tomorrow. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1kEViHfWdwzeeUin3DlNHge0whVjvBkEuc4SVVNd2E3U/edit?usp=sharing

Quote from: Wumpty on April 05, 2022, 11:12:42 AMWhich garage operates this service please DJ?

I don't know what garage will be running it I'm afraid, if I had to guess, it'll be a Rugby duty from Brum to London, but I don't have access to the duties, and the vehicles end up all over the place. All I know is it'll be a regular Elite-i, unless it gets replaced by a hired in vehicle.

IMarkeh

Has Stotts swapped from NatEx to Megabus?

DJ

Quote from: IMarkeh on April 06, 2022, 02:21:48 PMHas Stotts swapped from NatEx to Megabus?

They operate both National Express and Megabus services.

IMarkeh

Quote from: DJ on April 06, 2022, 07:58:13 PMThey operate both National Express and Megabus services.
Wow, surprised that Megabus and NatEx are happy with that being the case. Certainly not heard of it before.

Tony

Quote from: IMarkeh on April 07, 2022, 07:21:21 PMWow, surprised that Megabus and NatEx are happy with that being the case. Certainly not heard of it before.

Stagecoach Yorkshire are on the network, there's been a couple in the past doing both. All NatEx are worried about is the quality of the service provided

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk