News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

23 New Buses

Started by Daniel541, February 11, 2013, 08:52:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RW

Sorry Tony, 'vaults' to Ballymena???

NXCOV21

Quote from: Daniel541 on February 28, 2013, 08:17:28 PM
Recently, 1869 has lost logo "National Express Coventry". If blue scanias will transferred to NX West Midlands that I missed 1875 because my favorite is 1875.

Or transferred to Perry Barr for increase the fleet due to North Birmingham & Sutton Coldfield will provide a " more more buses".
[/quote

I can't see the scanias leaving NXC, seems strange to remove newish buses when Coventry have some of the older series of Mercs, surely the scanias could take over the routes worked by some of the Mercs and the new buses for the Foleshill road services or vice versa. Strange decision to remove brandings and fleetnames from the scanias though

winston

Quote from: nobody on February 28, 2013, 07:53:32 PM
The plan was 27 new buses. So 17 B7RLE and 10 Enviro400.

But the plan also appears to result in the cascading of 15 x Omnilinks to NXWM, therefore will only allow for 12 older buses to be withdrawn

winston

Quote from: RW on February 28, 2013, 08:32:26 PM
Sorry Tony, 'vaults' to Ballymena???

The red coin vaults to the Wrightbus factory in Ballymena

Ash

I would think the 2 remaining b6le's will 2 that will be withdrawn or transferred elsewhere as they have been refurbished and don't seem to be in a bad condition.

JoNi

20/20A/20E requires 13 buses and 1 requires 2 buses so 17 buses makes sense allowing restoration of two spares.

Type training was in full swing at Coventry with 2153 out today with destination showing

"Broad Street        1E
via Moseley Village

more interesting than "Not in Service"!

I see Ashes point about knocking off the B6s only 662 was out on 3/A today.

Daniel541

Yesterday, 586 working on the 3 3A was well and today 586 could be sleep in the garage for more rest. 586 and 662 are very good condition and better than 661 and 663. I would like 586 and 662 transferred to Wolvenhampton for more replace the Excel.

Valandil

Quote from: JoNi on February 28, 2013, 09:16:41 PMBroad Street        1E
via Moseley Village

Wow: do you have a photo?

Daniel541

National Express Coventry is set to receive 27 of these vehicles in the next batch to be delivered for upgrades along the Foleshill Road and Ansty Road corridors, Service 10 is also expected to benefit from brand new Enviro 400 double deckers.
2153 was emerging from Coventry Garage during driver training.

Can be seen the photo of 2153 at Front Coventry garage:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/coventrybuspics/8518234562/in/photostream/

They have been confirm the All blue Scanias will going ahead to Perry Barr Garage.

JPC

Ooh, that sounds good.
23 is the core quantity of buses working services 8, 8A, 9, 9A and 10 in the daytime.
Then seemingly an additional 15, but in exchange for young Omnilinks currently allocated to services 1, 20, 20A and 20E.
So overall it sounds like at least 38 new buses plus hopefully an additional 4 spare buses (10.5%) assuming the previously quoted quantity of either 23 or 27 is indeed 27.

RW

'All blue scanias going ahead to Perry Barr garage.'???

Daniel541

I think 8 8A will stay with Double Decker and New B7RLE on the 9 9A with Every 15min and PVR is 7.
Quote from: RW on March 02, 2013, 01:44:40 PM
'All blue scanias going ahead to Perry Barr garage.'???
Not now, Soon will leave the Coventry garage. Cov Driver say" All Blue Scanias will transferred to Perry Barr garage" All Blue Scanias going to Walsall garage for front repaint to NX West Midlands and remove a advert the NXC fares then going to home Perry Barr garage.

Gareth

Daniel are you and 'Jade' twins or something because your written language is pretty much identical to 'hers'

Gareth

Well the amazingly abusive and foul mouthed personal Facebook message I just received from 'Jade', and 'Daniel' now being guest status, suggests they are one and the same!

I have been warned of new incarnations on here, all because she doesn't want Tony, Ash, Ashley, Stu and Nathan to know its her. Nasty person who over uses the C word! Well that's brightened up my Saturday afternoon!

Anyway back to the buses  :)

Tony

Quote from: Gareth on March 02, 2013, 03:00:06 PM
Well the amazingly abusive and foul mouthed personal Facebook message I just received from 'Jade', and 'Daniel' now being guest status, suggests they are one and the same!

I have been warned of new incarnations on here, all because she doesn't want Tony, Ash, Ashley, Stu and Nathan to know its her. Nasty person who over uses the C word! Well that's brightened up my Saturday afternoon!

Anyway back to the buses  :)

Don't forget I can see email addresses and IP addresses so I have known all along that they were the same person, the email address makes me think "he" is the correct word but obviously don't know for definite

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk