News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

23 New Buses

Started by Daniel541, February 11, 2013, 08:52:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Abluhwleh

Yawn yawn yawn, 23 x Enviro 400  >:(

CRP2012

Quote from: Winston on February 11, 2013, 10:05:01 PM
Quote from: Peter123 on February 11, 2013, 09:45:45 PM
Maybe scania can offer some omnilinks going cheap to provide work for their plant in Poland where loads of employees are being made redundant. Its possible tho it could be enviro400s or mcv bodied b7rles but I for one cant wait to find out

Just can't see NXWM buying MCV, MCV are not typically a supplier of bigger group orders.

Wasnt the whole point of MCV Teaming up with Volvo was so it had a better change of getting big group orders,Could be the new streetlite MAX,same seats as an eclipse but cheaper to run/purchase

winston

Quote from: CRP2012 on February 12, 2013, 10:11:11 AM
Quote from: Winston on February 11, 2013, 10:05:01 PM
Quote from: Peter123 on February 11, 2013, 09:45:45 PM
Maybe scania can offer some omnilinks going cheap to provide work for their plant in Poland where loads of employees are being made redundant. Its possible tho it could be enviro400s or mcv bodied b7rles but I for one cant wait to find out

Just can't see NXWM buying MCV, MCV are not typically a supplier of bigger group orders.

Wasnt the whole point of MCV Teaming up with Volvo was so it had a better change of getting big group orders,Could be the new streetlite MAX,same seats as an eclipse but cheaper to run/purchase

If NX do decide to buy more single deckers I think they will keep Wrightbus as the supplier & standardize the bodywork. It would like to see NX buy some Citaro's though for a couple of branded or premier single deck routes, the styling gives an air of quality....

tank90

I'm going to throw the MVC Merc into the mix too as I think its slightly cheaper. But I think they may just be Mercs as its Cov.
Midland Red West, one of the best Companies to serve Redditch, with some of the best buses.

Dan

winston

Quote from: Tony on February 11, 2013, 09:40:31 PM
I don't actually know what IS on order, but I do know from people I know at Wrights that the only buses they are building for NXWM at the moment are the hybrids for WN.

Tony,

The further 60 x ADL E400 that you thought would be coming, was that more rumour than a confirmed order?

Tony

Quote from: Abluhwleh on February 11, 2013, 11:37:38 PM
Yawn yawn yawn, 23 x Enviro 400  >:(

Don't think so. Only 10 for the 10

Andrew1991

Just think about it, what other buses have been ordered for the west mids, Enviro 400, Enviro 200, plus there was the MCV demonstrator, which many people seemed to like. So based on this could coventry get some new Midi buses or some MCV B7RLE's

tank90

MCV dont just do Volvo MCV's, Merc Benz also do a chassis  for MCV, I'm not sure which is the cheaper but the Mercs would be better for Coventry.
Midland Red West, one of the best Companies to serve Redditch, with some of the best buses.

Dan

winston

Quote from: thetruth on February 17, 2013, 11:55:51 PM
Could be Enviro300 for the single decks.

I'd would have thought if NX were ever intending to purchase any Enviro 300's that they would have chosen those over the B7RLE/Wright

Ashley

In another thread somebody has said Coventrys Omnilinks are to be transferred out?

BN

I cant cornfirm what depots at this time but Scanias are on the move around, I will try for some more info today.

John

Quote from: BN on February 18, 2013, 09:23:06 AM
I cant cornfirm what depots at this time but Scanias are on the move around, I will try for some more info today.

I was just thinking last week, that the Coventry Scania's could go to West Bromwich for the 83/89 and a few other West Brom services also, and then give Coventry 15 extra new buses to replace them in this years order.

Ashley

I did think sending omnilinks to WB would be a good move in terms of not having mercs entering birmingham but until now there probably wouldn't have been a way to source them, transfer the batch they could upgrade another WB route or just brighten them all up

danny

How many scania do cov atm?
Danny :) proud swift, mango and oyster user...

My locals 12, 12A, 13, 22, 126, and the sixes every weekend :)

PM

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk