News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Wednesfield Garage

Started by Discodave, February 09, 2013, 02:44:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony

Quote from: uniquicity on April 28, 2014, 06:49:06 PM
Just going by what is on Tony's fleetlist

http://wmbusphotos.com/Arriva/2106.html

I actually know nothing about Arriva ;)

When vehicles are away for refurb at Arriva they allocate them to 'Head Office' which is also used for withdrawn vehicles, so I generally put them on the fleetlist as 'reserve'

uniquicity

arrivadays

Cos Bryn Melyn have took over the 96 (Telford - Ironbridge - Shrewsbury), and they're also operating a new X96, which is exactly the same as the X5, so Arriva have some competition now.
This is a personal appeal... For Pete's Sake just save the #!@?$&% Scania's - don't let them follow the Dennis Falcons!

tphi12000

Reported elsewhere 4804 and 4807 are now in service at Wigston.
Tony

Ashley

Quote from: tphi12000 on April 29, 2014, 09:46:24 PM
Reported elsewhere 4804 and 4807 are now in service at Wigston.

That explains why the ALX200 Dart's have suddenly become common on the 10

47609FireFly

Bob

Good to see that people have complained on the arriva fb page about the complete lack of information they provide regarding service changes. Such as the 19. No notices on buses, bus stops no service change info on their website other than to put the new timetables on. But if you didn't know the service was changing you wouldn't think to go looking for a new timetable ! Someone has also complained about the same happening with the 74A.

P.s. nice to see their still wasting deckers on the curtailed 19....

Westy

Quote from: bob on May 04, 2014, 03:41:20 PM
Good to see that people have complained on the arriva fb page about the complete lack of information they provide regarding service changes. Such as the 19. No notices on buses, bus stops no service change info on their website other than to put the new timetables on. But if you didn't know the service was changing you wouldn't think to go looking for a new timetable ! Someone has also complained about the same happening with the 74A.

P.s. nice to see their still wasting deckers on the curtailed 19....

To be honest I saw a red Mpd yesterday morning around 9am in Walsall Bus Station at the 19 stop.

Network West Midlands haven't changed the sign on the bus station stand, as it's still going to Wolverhampton.

What happens to the old signs once they've changed the route?

They ought to keep the old ones in storage just in case.

Bob

There was a w reg alx400 on there yesterday and also a trident. Those east lancs bodies have got to be one of the ugliest ever. It was the scabby un refurbished one.

Westy

According to the Facebook,  Arriva is going to have a crack at  daytime on the 530 soon in addition to their existing journeys on there.

Modern low floor vehicles are mentioned.

Didn't they say that about the 9, as I've seen Mpds & the odd decker on there lately?

the trainbasher

Quote from: Westy on May 05, 2014, 12:07:49 PM
According to the Facebook,  Arriva is going to have a crack at  daytime on the 530 soon in addition to their existing journeys on there.

Modern low floor vehicles are mentioned.

Didn't they say that about the 9, as I've seen Mpds & the odd decker on there lately?

So it'll be a 51 plate Solo v a 51 plate dart at best...

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

Bob

If they want to be taken seriously and be a decent player in the WM, arriva need to invest in much better vehicles.  Ok the london darts are reasonably well refurbished and dont look too bad but theyre 13yrs old. The ex midland ones tbat survive are sheds, despite a few being refurbished.  Also 13yrs old at best. The longer darts are complete nails, and the solos well....Also the deckers are all 13yo plus. Obviously nx run buses of this age and older but apart from a few b6s & handful of darts theyre proper heavyweight buses designed to last longer than darts and solos. Theyre also balanced out by nicer more modern buses eg walsalls handful of older vehicles tempered with b7rle's and omnilinks enviros.

Arriva's fleet looks poor in comparison

Solo1

Found this on vosa PD1078264/8 - RAJINDER BANGA T/A BANGA BUSES, 4 VICARAGE ROAD, ALLSAINTS, WOLVERHAMPTON, WV2 1DT
Registration Accepted
Starting Point: Wolverhampton, Bilston Street
Finish Point: Rocketpool, Bilston
Via: Wellington Road, Bilston Bus Station
Service Number: 77
Service Type: Normal Stopping
Effective Date: 23-JUN-2014
Other Details: Monday to Friday
As Arriva are running in 530 wonder if this is in retaliation
To protect thete service or a renumbering of 530

bususer12

Since my 226 service was missing yesterday, i caught the 2245 257, a comfortable and warm ex London Mpd, everything okay apart from one handlebar rattling, soon fixed with an old receipt folded up!

D10

Quote from: Solo1 on May 05, 2014, 01:56:01 PM
Found this on vosa PD1078264/8 - RAJINDER BANGA T/A BANGA BUSES, 4 VICARAGE ROAD, ALLSAINTS, WOLVERHAMPTON, WV2 1DT
Registration Accepted
Starting Point: Wolverhampton, Bilston Street
Finish Point: Rocketpool, Bilston
Via: Wellington Road, Bilston Bus Station
Service Number: 77
Service Type: Normal Stopping
Effective Date: 23-JUN-2014
Other Details: Monday to Friday
As Arriva are running in 530 wonder if this is in retaliation
To protect thete service or a renumbering of 530

Looks like this service is Banga's response to Arriva. Sounds like it will run along the same route as the 79 and 39 between Wolverhampton and Bilston via the A41 Wellington Road. So by missing out the Rough Hills section of route it should provide quicker journeys.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk