News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Wednesfield Garage

Started by Discodave, February 09, 2013, 02:44:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trident 4609

Quote from: wilmotm (Matt Wilmot) on April 18, 2014, 08:57:49 AM
A route they might like to have a go on is the 79! Every time I travel on it I'm amazed how busy it gets, and with NXWM only running every 20 minutes there is room on this route I'm sure, when WN occasionally let a Merc slip on it can be chaos, particularly at the West Brom end, and with the route run half by the brilliant, but lets be honest aging Spectra's the Arriva fleet might almost look more modern

Tbh there are several routes they could have a go competing on such as the 59.79,529 etc. If they they did become successful on these main corridors then it could help then expand even further into the Midlands (And new investment into Wednesfield Garage possibly). To me Wednesfield Garage still seems separate away from the rest of the arriva group despite having all the Arriva livered buses it still seems like the old Midland operation but with Arriva Livered vehicles. They do well competing on the 10 (Double Deckers are needed on  fair few trips) so I would like to see them expand.

mikestone

There is no way that Arriva are going to go head to head with NXWM on  a trunk route, the danger of a retaliatory attack is far too great.

Bob

How exactly would Arriva make it look more modern? Theyre deckers are the same as nx spectras just with a alx body ? Theyre also far more knackered sounding than nx's. Perhaps they could throw one of their many darts on there, or a solo lol thatd give em the edge :-P

Bob

Maybe arriva didnt plan to compete though?  It sure looks that way  a few e200s passed off as huge investment and thats about it lol.

Westy

Quote from: mikestone on April 18, 2014, 09:27:44 AM
There is no way that Arriva are going to go head to head with NXWM on  a trunk route, the danger of a retaliatory attack is far too great.

The thing is, I remember Twm having a go at one or two of theold Chase routes in Walsall,  363 & 364.

Can't remember for sure, but did Twm make an impression on those routes & Chase gave in or Twm gave in themselves?

Think the Chase 364 lasted through to the Arriva takeover.

The point I'm making is if Arriva jumped on the 79 then Nx retaliated with extra buses, if Arriva came off, would Nx keep the extra buses on?

If Diamond ever came off the 301, it would be interesting to see if Nx reduced their frequency too, seeing the competition had given up?!

Tony

Quote from: Westy on April 18, 2014, 10:11:59 AM
Quote from: mikestone on April 18, 2014, 09:27:44 AM

The thing is, I remember Twm having a go at one or two of theold Chase routes in Walsall,  363 & 364.

Can't remember for sure, but did Twm make an impression on those routes & Chase gave in or Twm gave in themselves?

Think the Chase 364 lasted through to the Arriva takeover.

The point I'm making is if Arriva jumped on the 79 then Nx retaliated with extra buses, if Arriva came off, would Nx keep the extra buses on?

If Diamond ever came off the 301, it would be interesting to see if Nx reduced their frequency too, seeing the competition had given up?!

Well when Diamond came off the 17 & 37 NX actually Increased the frequency. So history doesn't say the 301 would drop if Diamond withdrew

Bob

The 364 along with most other chase routes apart from the 1 ( which arriva already operated as well as chase) and the 560 went shortly after the takeover.  It didn't last long. Maybe chase routes were unprofitable as it stood or arriva messed them up I don't know.  I know that shortly after takeover 2 arriva b6s crashed in walsall one causing a fatality

Bob

One things for sure though chases nationals despite being ancient were well maintained.  Dont think I ever saw them miss trips and break down in all the years I used the 1! Arriva on the other hand have been shocking! Anyone whos been on 3704 will know what I mean.  It still has half of the big chase linx logo missing on the drivers side since last summer and looks a state

arrivaaston

Reason 3704 is like that is because it had new panels placed on, reason for not replacing the "Chaselinx" is because they are all due to be debranded and employed to other routes

Bob

What so theyve left it for nearly a year?

Trident 4609

2106 is now back repainted/refurbed. Seen sometime in the week on the 63/5

John

Quote from: Nathan on April 21, 2014, 10:10:02 AM

Here's 2106
https://www.flickr.com/photos/55432463@N08/13939867625/in/photostream/

2103 also done
https://www.flickr.com/photos/55432463@N08/13939907843/in/photostream/
Hopefully this one comes back to Wednesfield as well

Bob

Pity they don't award cannocks falling to bits threadbare examples the same treatment. ..then they can ship em off to wednesfield!

Trident 4609

Quote from: Nathan on April 21, 2014, 10:10:02 AM

2106 has had new flooring put down and new cream (Arrival Standard) coloured handrails.

Bob

Why are they being done at derby though?  Its not like cannock are even repainting any of theirs lol let alone refurbishing tbem

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk