News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Wednesfield Garage

Started by Discodave, February 09, 2013, 02:44:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HTA844N

running time seems extremely slow between dudley & merry hill too.

Bob

What word would that be...lol

Ashley

I've never seen a 310 without at least 5 people on. If it beats the X96 onto the stand in Merry Hill or Dudley then they score but thats still the case on any journey so it's not a dead duck even if the route is abit long.

P.S sorry to say this but please stop with the "Slag off Arriva club". It's becoming childish and irritating. Nobody's perfect I get that but Arriva Midlands are still much better than that I hate motto's but I've gone for one now. Sorry lads

bususer12

Quote from: Ashley on April 07, 2014, 11:47:24 PM
I've never seen a 310 without at least 5 people on. If it beats the X96 onto the stand in Merry Hill or Dudley then they score but thats still the case on any journey so it's not a dead duck even if the route is abit long.

P.S sorry to say this but please stop with the "Slag off Arriva club". It's becoming childish and irritating. Nobody's perfect I get that but Arriva Midlands are still much better than that I hate motto's but I've gone for one now. Sorry lads

It stops nowhere near the x96 in Dudley, normally very few board, but as an alternative to the 276

andyallen4014

I'm told that 2412 (OUI2376) is now off fleet at Wednesfield.

PM

Quote from: baker_06 on April 07, 2014, 03:16:13 PM
running time seems extremely slow between dudley & merry hill too.

I wouldn't have said that at all...

Bob

There must be a reason why some of the arriva services arent doing/havent done well. Anyone any ideas ? Maybe they could up their game and invest in newer better buses?  Or cascade some decent enough stock in? Apart from a few e200s which is a start theres just loads of old darts,  and some pretty naff deckers all of which are between 13-15yrs old

PM

Quote from: bob on April 08, 2014, 07:45:55 PM
There must be a reason why some of the arriva services arent doing/havent done well. Anyone any ideas ? Maybe they could up their game and invest in newer better buses?  Or cascade some decent enough stock in? Apart from a few e200s which is a start theres just loads of old darts,  and some pretty naff deckers all of which are between 13-15yrs old

The refurbed MPDs are fine. We say some of the arriva services aren't doing well. Many are subsidised it is just stuff like  the 19/334/9 that seem to struggle...

Bob

So basically almost all commercial services then lol...not forgetting the failure of the 112 also. Darts refurbished or otherwise are basically 90s/early 2000s minibus replacements though aren't they? Hardly the best for long interurban services. ...and the older ones arent exactly in great nick either.  All im saying is its probably not the best image

Westy

Quote from: DiamondDart on April 08, 2014, 09:53:03 PM
Quote from: bob on April 08, 2014, 07:45:55 PM

The refurbed MPDs are fine. We say some of the arriva services aren't doing well. Many are subsidised it is just stuff like  the 19/334/9 that seem to struggle...

Don't those particular services operate on heavily used NX corridors anyway?

Coming through Bentley most mornings I see a Sandwell Travel 333x followed by an Arriva 9.

On my road, Arriva run the daytime service 2/2a but I (& most people I bet!) go round to the more frequent Nx/Diamond 301 & 302 on the other road.

(By the way,  the Arriva on my road has gone past both my mother & other people at twice lately & there was space on the vehicles!  I just told my mother not to bother & go round to the 301 / 302.  The only time I'll catch Arriva now is if I need either Cannock or Lichfield which isn't often! )

If they compete with Nx on one of their decent routes,  say 529 for instance,  they will need enough buses to make a decent go of it.

Personally they could try rerouting the daytime 2/2a between Bloxwich & Walsall,  down to the Kfc/4 Crosses island in Leamore,  take a right onto Leamore Lane & go into Walsall via Beechdale & Sainsburys.

Nx & Diamond have the Bloxwich Road sewn up in my opinion.

Would you keep the 1 as is though?

Could you run the 1 as far as Bloxwich then follow the 19 route to Walsall?

Maybe not, but as a possible cost saving measure,  it could be a idea?

Admittedly I'm throwing ideas in the air, but if they can try a route like the 310....

Ashley

2412 was on 334's on monday

Quote from: andyallen4014 on April 08, 2014, 06:01:38 PM
I'm told that 2412 (OUI2376) is now off fleet at Wednesfield.

arrivaaston

2412 was out last week a few times aswell, also I've been told 2208 S208DTO has moved to Stafford, does anybody know different?

Bob

Still no posters  on buses advertising the changes to the 19 in a couple of weeks...professional as ever lol

Westy

Quote from: bob on April 15, 2014, 09:14:43 AM
Still no posters  on buses advertising the changes to the 19 in a couple of weeks...professional as ever lol

According to Facebook,  they're doing a return fare for a short period.

wilmotm (Matt Wilmot)

A route they might like to have a go on is the 79! Every time I travel on it I'm amazed how busy it gets, and with NXWM only running every 20 minutes there is room on this route I'm sure, when WN occasionally let a Merc slip on it can be chaos, particularly at the West Brom end, and with the route run half by the brilliant, but lets be honest aging Spectra's the Arriva fleet might almost look more modern

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk