News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Wednesfield Garage

Started by Discodave, February 09, 2013, 02:44:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PM

Quote from: Nathan on February 26, 2014, 05:37:07 PM
Quote from: bob on February 26, 2014, 05:27:55 PM
Leicester or Wednesfield u on about Aston?

Wednesfield would need to keep some for the 10 although if i would give it some new/newish heavy duty (So no clapped out darts) single deckers.

Personally I cannot see that happening anytime soon...

Bob

To be fair ive seen loads and loads of 10s leaving wolves and they dont need anyrhing anywhere near the size of a decker. Cadets with 36/37 seats would probably be right. The excel never got full. Or versa's would suit it

Trident 4609

Neither could i really Peter :(  Tbh Arriva do well on the 10. I had a journey on there from Tettenhall Wood into Wolverhampton City Centre on Saturday Morning and it was jam packed downstairs and at least half full upstairs. And there were only a few pensioners. I have seen alot of 10 journeys that leave pretty busy. The only day that is pretty quiet on there is Sunday although you get more on a Sunday than i would expect with NX also operating on a Sunday.

PM

Quote from: Nathan on February 26, 2014, 05:47:20 PM
Neither could i really Peter :(  Tbh Arriva do well on the 10. I had a journey on there from Tettenhall Wood into Wolverhampton City Centre on Saturday Morning and it was jam packed downstairs and at least half full upstairs. And there were only a few pensioners. I have seen alot of 10 journeys that leave pretty busy. The only day that is pretty quiet on there is Sunday although you get more on a Sunday than i would expect with NX also operating on a Sunday.

I agree it seems one of their more successful competing routes but I reckon cadets/refurbed darts would cope fine most of the time and help keep costs down.

arrifirststage

At present,the Sutton Sainsbury Free Bus and also route 604 are worked from Wednesfield Garage using the 112 for crew changes/relief.
Will these continue to run from Wednesfield or,as would seem quite logical,transfer to Tamworth operation when the 112 ceases?

Bob

Anyone think wednesfield will launch any new services to makeup for whats lost?

Westy

Quote from: bob on February 26, 2014, 08:37:59 PM
Anyone think wednesfield will launch any new services to makeup for whats lost?

They need to do something.

What else can they do?

Do they have or can they get extra resources to mount an assault on a major Nx corridor?

Aside from trying another new link, can't see what else they can do?

If they pull out of Wednesfield,  I can't see them winning any or retaining any Wm contracts if they run the operation from the likes of Cannock,  due to the dead mileage.

Even when they took over the ex Chase journeys on what was the 319, they didn't stay long ISTR.

Interesting to see how long they would stay on the Lichfield corridor if they left Wednesfield,  as they didn't stay on the 61 when that was run from Cannock!

Bob

The 35/A/B/X cant be that well used anyway if all they require is a enviro200

bwsau cymru

I think the talk of wednesfield going is absolute rubbish! I think people on here need to realise how big and how much money Arriva have behind them. I think Arriva is waiting its time and establishing them self before they will mount an attack.

ive herd off hundreds of drivers that Arriva have tried to buy both De Courcey and Diamond bus so I think that this clearly shows they want to come into the west midlands. The talks of sapphire coming to the west midlands is a big step forward to and I can only see more advancement by Arriva and I seriously think all operators big and small as they creep in and wam....business is lost (as diamond found out)!!
campaigning for better transport for all

winston

Quote from: dannygill on February 26, 2014, 09:55:06 PM
I think the talk of wednesfield going is absolute rubbish! I think people on here need to realise how big and how much money Arriva have behind them. I think Arriva is waiting its time and establishing them self before they will mount an attack.

ive herd off hundreds of drivers that Arriva have tried to buy both De Courcey and Diamond bus so I think that this clearly shows they want to come into the west midlands. The talks of sapphire coming to the west midlands is a big step forward to and I can only see more advancement by Arriva and I seriously think all operators big and small as they creep in and wam....business is lost (as diamond found out)!!

Arriva's size, parent company & the money they behind them didn't help them in Malta.

The only way I can see Arriva mounting an offensive on NX is if they ever manage to acquire DeCourcey or Diamond/Rotala thus giving them a much larger commercial network & presence to build on.

If anything, Arriva, Stagecoach etc missed an opportunity to attack NXWM back in 2009 when NX were up to their eyeballs in debt, fighting off takeover attempts, new vehicles were few & far between & the general condition of the existing fleet was poor. The operation today is much stronger, investing heavily both in new vehicles and refurbishing the existing fleet

the trainbasher

Quote from: Winston on February 26, 2014, 10:10:11 PM

Arriva's size, parent company & the money they behind them didn't help them in Malta.

The only way I can see Arriva mounting an offensive on NX is if they ever manage to acquire DeCourcey or Diamond/Rotala thus giving them a much larger commercial network & presence to build on.

If anything, Arriva, Stagecoach etc missed an opportunity to attack NXWM back in 2009 when NX were up to their eyeballs in debt, fighting off takeover attempts, new vehicles were few & far between & the general condition of the existing fleet was poor. The operation today is much stronger, investing heavily both in new vehicles and refurbishing the existing fleet

If you remember Stagecaoch did try to buy NX then but something happened which meant NX went it alone

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

Bob

Just cos they're huge and have loads of money doesnt make them any good? ? They bought chase who had more commercial services than midland in 2007 and TOTALLY screwed that up...there's maybe 1 route of theres that they kept? Also a decent fleet may have helped but if they wanted to compete successfully?  Rather than the one they've got lol. As forother operators be warned what for? Are arriva going to mount an assault on them with mpd darts? Lol!!!!

winston

Quote from: the trainbasher on February 27, 2014, 01:08:34 AM
Quote from: Winston on February 26, 2014, 10:10:11 PM

If you remember Stagecaoch did try to buy NX then but something happened which meant NX went it alone

I remember well, Stagecoach initially teamed up with CVC capital partners/The Cosmen's to buy NX Groups UK businesses off them if their takeover attempt was successful. CVC capital backed out of the takeover bid in the finish. Then Stagecoach approached NX group directly about a merger proposal which was promptly rejected in favour of remaining independent & paying down debt via a rights issue

justdave

Wednesfield is becoming a dead duck and just a scrapyard for its sheds plus the ex midland ones the 19 has gone bye bye so I have no alternative apart from the 89 soon will see wednesfield like Chase gone and shut up shop

Bob

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk