News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Wednesfield Garage

Started by Discodave, February 09, 2013, 02:44:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trident 4609

Quote from: bob on January 26, 2014, 10:38:06 PM
Lol thats not too bad then. Maybe thry can give it a retrim while its having the work done.

Tbh I do like the tridents so it would be good if they gave 4854 the Arriva Moquette and a new engine. Surely they will fit a newer efficient Euro 3, or Euro 4 engine?

Bob

Have u noticed how bad the legroom is on arrivas 2 tridrnts comparedto nx ones? Theres hardly any lol

Ashley

The bodywork is an obvious giveaway that NX and Arriva Tridents are different. Most East Lancs buses were built to carry dwarfs

nitromatt1

Quote from: Ashley on January 26, 2014, 10:53:40 PM
The bodywork is an obvious giveaway that NX and Arriva Tridents are different. Most East Lancs buses were built to carry dwarfs

The two East Lancs Citybuses that TGB operated had low ceilings, especially in the upper saloon, and Evergreen's Pyoneer Olympians (well, their Olympian now) aren't very generous with legroom

Ashley

I have to tilt my head forwards when upstairs on the ELC's at WD. There is worse headroom but the legroom isn't great. Same story with Pyoneer Olympians and Arrows

mranon

this had engine problems last year - it was constantly breaking down, and knocking its brains out. i would have thought it would have had a new engine last year as it was repainted while it was off the road

Trident 4609

All 50',65's and 57's I saw today were darts as I expected.  Passengers seem to pick up on the changes quite quickly today and there hasn't been many problems as I thought there would.

Bob

Quote from: Ashley on January 26, 2014, 11:03:33 PM
I have to tilt my head forwards when upstairs on the ELC's at WD. There is worse headroom but the legroom isn't great. Same story with Pyoneer Olympians and Arrows

I always thought the East Lancs DD bodies of that era were some of the ugliest buses id ever seen

Ashley

Nathan you were at school today though and didn't travel on any of the amended routes. There weren't problems as you put it but people were comfused and the minority as you would expect were abit irate about change. Maybe in the time you were in the bus station this afternoon you didnkt pick up on any such behaviour?

nitromatt1

Quote from: bob on January 27, 2014, 07:28:32 PM
Quote from: Ashley on January 26, 2014, 11:03:33 PM

I always thought the East Lancs DD bodies of that era were some of the ugliest buses id ever seen

Ugly bodies perhaps, but beastly inside! The EL Tridents at Wednesfield are some of the fastest Tridents I've been on, the EL Citybuses TGB owned are the fastest Citybuses I've been on, and the EL Olympian at Evergreen I have daily is the fastest Olympian I've been on.

Trident 4609

Quote from: Ashley on January 27, 2014, 07:41:37 PM
Nathan you were at school today though and didn't travel on any of the amended routes. There weren't problems as you put it but people were comfused and the minority as you would expect were abit irate about change. Maybe in the time you were in the bus station this afternoon you didnkt pick up on any such behaviour?

Maybe so about the point of not seeing such behaviour this afternoon but you can't say I didn't travel on the amended routes this afternoon! ::) unless you are stalking me ;)

Ashley

I can't disprove you didn't but this is Wolverhampton. Some people go mad if their toasts burnt let alone their bus service has changed (toast was probably a rubbish example)

Ck

Is there a plan to get rid or re paint the ex midland buses ?

mikestone

just picked up a cancellation of the Amazon services from 20th January.

tphi12000

Quote from: mikestone on January 30, 2014, 01:43:13 PM
just picked up a cancellation of the Amazon services from 20th January.
can anyone confirm if 3 deckers have been lost due to this or they have been kept to replace older singles ?
Tony

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk