News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Wednesfield Garage

Started by Discodave, February 09, 2013, 02:44:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mranon

i bet the worst offenders are db250s mercs b6's,

andy

Quote from: Tony on January 17, 2014, 01:15:23 PM
Quote from: andy on January 16, 2014, 09:49:20 PM
Quote from: bob on January 16, 2014, 09:22:10 PM
Db250s are far less reliable buses than tridents.. on the whole. Arrivas breakdowns are higher..on the whole...

Totally unsubstantiated on both counts...

Try telling that to NX Birmingham Central when they had both types allocated there, Maintained by the same people.

Try telling that to Wolverhampton garage now. BN quoted earlier in the week they did not have any of there 79 tridents off the road other than 3 in for refurb. I bet the same was not true of their DB250s!

Merely trying to achieve a bit of perspective. Bob has a buzzer under his bed for every time an Arriva vehicle fails, yet appears not to notice that NX have a dedicated Mansfield team standing by the phone such is the demand.  If I posted every time I was stuck in a queue of traffic on the A4040 trying to pull round a steaming / burning / leaking / dismembered President, I wouldn't have time to go to work....

And what's more the 'breakdowns' thread is littered with incidents of Tridents failing, including Wolverhampton's.

Bob

Its relative. . Cannocks a tiny garage compared to nx ones yet has a HUGE amount of breakdowns. ..

Tony

Quote from: andy on January 17, 2014, 07:07:37 PM
Quote from: Tony on January 17, 2014, 01:15:23 PM
Quote from: andy on January 16, 2014, 09:49:20 PM
Quote from: bob on January 16, 2014, 09:22:10 PM
Db250s are far less reliable buses than tridents.. on the whole. Arrivas breakdowns are higher..on the whole...

Totally unsubstantiated on both counts...

Try telling that to NX Birmingham Central when they had both types allocated there, Maintained by the same people.

Try telling that to Wolverhampton garage now. BN quoted earlier in the week they did not have any of there 79 tridents off the road other than 3 in for refurb. I bet the same was not true of their DB250s!

Merely trying to achieve a bit of perspective. Bob has a buzzer under his bed for every time an Arriva vehicle fails, yet appears not to notice that NX have a dedicated Mansfield team standing by the phone such is the demand.  If I posted every time I was stuck in a queue of traffic on the A4040 trying to pull round a steaming / burning / leaking / dismembered President, I wouldn't have time to go to work....

And what's more the 'breakdowns' thread is littered with incidents of Tridents failing, including Wolverhampton's.

Cannock garage is about the same size as NXWM Bordesley, When the new vehicles enter service the average age of the fleet will probably be very similar ( I haven't worked Cannocks out, Bordesley's is easy), But I'd like to bet I know which one will have the most  breakdowns. It is a shame because in most parts of the country Arriva's fleet is actually up with the best.

I don't know how Arriva do their vehicle moves, NXWMs are done by Head office telling garages which fleet numbers they are losing so the good and bad can end up moving. From an outsiders view it appears Arriva Midlands garages dump their worst vehicles into the HO allocation, and Cannock seem to get the 'best' of what has been dumped in HO by other garages with their second hand gains.

Arriva do seem to have a problem with a lot of ex London vehicles trying to find homes for at the moment, 'Richer' area of Arriva like Yorkshire seem to manage to avoid getting these even for school work. something NX & First no longer have to do, and will slowly be eliminated from Stagecoach's fleet as the London fleet gets to fully leased. This does not help reliability when a garage gets 12 year old vehicles that have been pondering around London at an average of about 9mph, then are suddenly put on interurban work.

Westy

What's left in red / non Arriva livery at the moment?

Me & my lift were behind an red MPD down the Black Country Spine Road in Wednesbury around 815 this morning(didn't get the number!).

Trident 4609

Quote from: Westy on January 21, 2014, 11:09:20 PM
What's left in red / non Arriva livery at the moment?

Me & my lift were behind an red MPD down the Black Country Spine Road in Wednesbury around 815 this morning(didn't get the number!).

2105,2108,2109,2110,2111,2113,2114,216,2117,2118,2121 and 2412 are in Red midland livery/Arriva interim logos :)

Trident 4609

2107 (Y383 HKE) back in service looking smart in aquamarine livery on the 82/545/229/208 today. It also has Africa Moquette on the seats too

Bob

Lol its still a 13 yr old nail tarted up

Trident 4609

Quote from: bob on January 26, 2014, 05:44:36 PM
Lol its still a 13 yr old nail tarted up

I was just going to add that to my post as I knew someone would have said that ;)

Bob

Lol to add to it worse still its a ex midland nail lol an there buses WAS nails :-p

John

One of the East Lancs Tridents is off the road at the minute, looks like it needs a new engine
http://www.flickr.com/photos/34645962@N04/12074851526/

Trident 4609

Quote from: John on January 26, 2014, 08:56:31 PM
One of the East Lancs Tridents is off the road at the minute, looks like it needs a new engine
http://www.flickr.com/photos/34645962@N04/12074851526/

Most likely 4854 which sounded terrible a few weeks back

Bob

Is it the refurbished one or the one with the really naff interior?

Trident 4609

Quote from: bob on January 26, 2014, 10:28:07 PM
Is it the refurbished one or the one with the really naff interior?
Unrefurbished 'naff' interior one

Bob

Lol thats not too bad then. Maybe thry can give it a retrim while its having the work done.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk