News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Wednesfield Garage

Started by Discodave, February 09, 2013, 02:44:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

andy

Quote from: bob on January 16, 2014, 09:22:10 PM
Db250s are far less reliable buses than tridents.. on the whole. Arrivas breakdowns are higher..on the whole...

Totally unsubstantiated on both counts...

mranon

i know which id prefer to be in with a chance of completing the shift!!!! it wouldnt be the daf horrible sluggish heavy to drive

Ashley

Id rather have the DB250 than 4851 or 4854. I can imagine they are much harder work

Bob

Ok for example nx walsall garage probably has three times as many busesallocated than cannock or wednesfield yea? So in theory basedon 'all companies have breakdowns' they should have about three times as many? When do you see nx buses bein towed out of the bus station when theyve broken down in service? Arriva have more breakdowns in cannock wednesfield etc even if you do it pro rata so to speak.  Ive NEVER seen a walsall bus towed off on anything but a rare occasion.  Sayin that I cant remember it happening in cannock on the several times a week basis we have nowadays back in midland red days either...

Ashley

The average number of breakdowns can't be based on the number of buses at a particular garage. Breakdowns happen every day, that's an inevitability. Starting a witch hunt of where they happen most is pointless. Or for your benefit, theres no point in me trying to talk sense where the Arriva hate club is concerned

Bob

Why cant anyone accept that Cannock's vehicles do break down at a horrendous rate, given the small size of the operation there...Cos they really do....

Ashley

We have all accepeted it. We get the point. Cannock has it's bad points. But remember this one, there could be no bus services at all where you live so to put this kindly be glad you have even a half attempt at a local transport network. A good chunk of Britain doesn't even have that

Bob

What so be grateful for a rubbish service?? Are you a member of the tory party lol

the trainbasher

Quote from: bob on January 17, 2014, 01:01:03 PM
What so be grateful for a rubbish service?? Are you a member of the tory party lol

Some areas have no service whatsoever...or only one bus a year!

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

Tony

Quote from: andy on January 16, 2014, 09:49:20 PM
Db250s are far less reliable buses than tridents.. on the whole. Arrivas breakdowns are higher..on the whole...

Try telling that to NX Birmingham Central when they had both types allocated there, Maintained by the same people.

Try telling that to Wolverhampton garage now. BN quoted earlier in the week they did not have any of there 79 tridents off the road other than 3 in for refurb. I bet the same was not true of their DB250s!

Bob

Quote from: the trainbasher on January 17, 2014, 01:02:58 PM
Quote from: bob on January 17, 2014, 01:01:03 PM

Some areas have no service whatsoever...or only one bus a year!

Lol I take your point.  Seriously though id hate to think how many journeys are lost at cannock to buses breaking down.  How embarrassing must it of been for them in Hednesford when the  dart conked out literally on the zebra crossing the other week :-p or the one that broke down on the dual carriageway blocking all the traffic a couple of weeks before, and then w109 ewu and a dart broke down in service in the bus stn around same time.  Then there were the two 33s recently breaking down one after another people at the stop were gping mad on the fb pafge. S629 khn or s351 yog broke down in the middle of a traffic island the other week again causing chaos :-p id hate to be their chief engineer lmaoo :))

nitromatt1

Quote from: Tony on January 17, 2014, 01:15:23 PM
Quote from: andy on January 16, 2014, 09:49:20 PM

Try telling that to NX Birmingham Central when they had both types allocated there, Maintained by the same people.

Try telling that to Wolverhampton garage now. BN quoted earlier in the week they did not have any of there 79 tridents off the road other than 3 in for refurb. I bet the same was not true of their DB250s!

However, it has also been stated by a member of staff at Wolverhampton that the Spectras, after having received treatment, are the second most reliable buses at the garage, behind B7RLEs

Trident 4609

I have hardly seen a Spectra broken down in service for some time now.

BN

Not a chance. The lost mileage with spectras is awful. I must say that the mercs are behaving very well at the moment.

nitromatt1

Quote from: BN on January 17, 2014, 06:31:07 PM
Not a chance. The lost mileage with spectras is awful. I must say that the mercs are behaving very well at the moment.

Would be interesting to see which types cause the most lost mileage, which services too.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk