News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Wednesfield Garage

Started by Discodave, February 09, 2013, 02:44:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ck

Changes for Wolverhampton on vosa now 2 new services for arriva not bad

Trident 4609

Quote from: Ck on January 16, 2014, 04:43:36 PM
Changes for Wolverhampton on vosa now 2 new services for arriva not bad

If you are refering to the 50/53 services. They aren't entirley new as they will be covering parts of the 531/57/63

Trident 4609

Quote from: AMD on January 16, 2014, 05:46:16 PM
Quote from: Nathan on January 15, 2014, 10:08:27 PM
To save clogging up WN garage thread i will continue the discussion in here.

AMD, Do 19 boards interwork during the day with the 10 now? Before the changes i know a journey that gets into Wolverhampton about 15:20 goes onto the 10

There are a couple of boards that do this, yes.

I presume you do this to enable ALX400 DAF's to be easily allocated to both the 19 and 10/A/B?

Also i have noticed the ALX400 DAF's have been appearing in service on Sundays now with the Sunday 10 being allocated a DAF regually

Trident 4609

Oh ok thanks :) But why do you choose to put the ALX400's over the Tridents? The Sunday 10 up to the other week i noticed was run by 4851 or 4854 which both also have transponders fitted

Trident 4609

Quote from: AMD on January 16, 2014, 06:16:49 PM
There is no difference operationally. It would depend whether any vehicles are off, as both Tridents are today.

Ok Thanks :) It just seemed that apart from the Amazon contract, The ALX400 DAF's weren't used in Public service on Sundays before Christmas

Bob

Having deckers going to & from pattingham is like a flashback to the 80s when MRN stuck Fleetlines on the routes theee lol

Bob

Bizarrely in the early-mid 90s they stuck a duple laser Tiger coach on there most of the time

Trident 4609

Quote from: AMD on January 16, 2014, 06:20:48 PM
The difference will be because transponders have now been removed from smaller vehicles and fitted to DDs.

Thanks for the info AMD :) So apart from the Sainsbury's Solos and the couple of Darts you mentioned fitted with Transponders,Will Single Deckers be stopped from being put on the 10?

Trident 4609

AMD, Is the 18 now booked to be one of the ALX200 Darts as they seem to be on there 99% of the time.  Sometimes 2208,2347 or 2414 operate the route if they aren't avaliable. MPD's and Solo's (Which are best suited to the Roads of Moat-House Estate) were usually allocated before but i did notice that buses were packed on the 09:39 and 10:38 journeys from Stubby Lane got packed or very busy. Was this why biggr buses are allocated to the 18 now?

Trident 4609

Quote from: AMD on January 16, 2014, 06:59:21 PM
No, service 18 has no specific requirement and can take anything other than a DD.

Oh ok :) I presume you allocate an ALX200 most of the time as they are the avaliable bus at the time of allocation?

mranon

spotted a daf alx400 on tow around 18.30 being pulled by mansfield along lichfield rd past albion pub. couldnt get which one, it was flying along

Trident 4609

Quote from: mranon on January 16, 2014, 07:29:38 PM
spotted a daf alx400 on tow around 18.30 being pulled by mansfield along lichfield rd past albion pub. couldnt get which one, it was flying along

I live right near there and it is a regular sight to see ALX400 DAF's being towed back to Wednesfield Garage on the back of a Mansfield Truck ;D ;)

Bob

Lol reliability as standard then...on the fb page passengers keep puttin stuff like 'the cannock 33 hasnt come' & arriva post their apologies an put it was due to a breakdown etc...jeez

andy

Quote from: bob on January 16, 2014, 08:22:40 PM
Lol reliability as standard then...on the fb page passengers keep puttin stuff like 'the cannock 33 hasnt come' & arriva post their apologies an put it was due to a breakdown etc...jeez

Yes I'm surprised Mansfield could fit them in around the constant stream of Tridents they have to drag around on a daily basis for NX....

Bob

Db250s are far less reliable buses than tridents.. on the whole. Arrivas breakdowns are higher..on the whole...

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk