News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Wednesfield Garage

Started by Discodave, February 09, 2013, 02:44:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony

Quote from: Nathan4775 on December 19, 2013, 06:24:26 PM
Quote from: nitromatt1 on December 19, 2013, 06:17:48 PM
Quote from: NXWM Spectra on December 19, 2013, 05:40:19 PM
Quote from: Trident 4609 on December 19, 2013, 05:35:58 PM
Quote from: bob on December 19, 2013, 05:30:42 PM
That would prob equate to about 30 passengers. As theyve got a stupidly low capacity downstairs.  If a lot of them were pensioners/or nbus it still wouldn't generate much of a profit. Ive caught it a few times during the evening peak and its never been particularly busy. Does anyone think the 19 turns a profit?  Seriously?  Lol

Overall no it doesn't bob. Tbh we already have the 59/69/89 on the Lichfield Rd-Wolverhampton corridor and most people use those routes anyway.

Most people have NXWM passes. I don't mind paying for another operator occasionally but I usually wait.

It just beats me how so many people decide not to pay a few extra pence for an nBus pass. I can only assume they are not aware of its existence. I'm not complaining though...

Ive noticed far more people buying nBus daysavers rather than normal NX ones

How do you know? The people you see buying them might have always bought them

I certainly haven't, I have been checking 11 & 18 in Cotteridge; 49 & 50 at Maypole; 22; 23 & 29 in Harborne today, and personally haven't checked a single one. Seen quite a few nBus passes, but not one day ticket.

Trident 4609

Anyway back on topic topic to Arriva Wednesfield Garage..... I have noticed that a journey off the 19 goes onto the 10 at Wolverhampton about 15:30 (Usually a DAf DB250LF ALX400) and the 19 is mainly MPD/Full Size dart operated in the late afternoons.

Stu

That would prob equate to about 30 passengers. As theyve got a stupidly low capacity downstairs.  If a lot of them were pensioners/or nbus it still wouldn't generate much of a profit. Ive caught it a few times during the evening peak and its never been particularly busy. Does anyone think the 19 turns a profit?  Seriously?  Lol

Overall no it doesn't bob. Tbh we already have the 59/69/89 on the Lichfield Rd-Wolverhampton corridor and most people use those routes anyway.

Most people have NXWM passes. I don't mind paying for another operator occasionally but I usually wait.

It just beats me how so many people decide not to pay a few extra pence for an nBus pass. I can only assume they are not aware of its existence. I'm not complaining though...

I currently pay £49.50 a month for my NX Regional Faresaver pass, by direct debit. The nBus monthly pass costs £55.50 by direct debit, an extra £6 a month, which is hardly a 'few pence'. And considering the fact that the main bus routes I use to get to and from work (31/A, 37) as well as to my parents house (1, 120) are only operated by NXWM, it doesn't make financial sense for me.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Liverpool Street

Quote from: Stu on December 19, 2013, 06:57:07 PM

I currently pay £49.50 a month for my NX Regional Faresaver pass, by direct debit. The nBus monthly pass costs £55.50 by direct debit, an extra £6 a month, which is hardly a 'few pence'. And considering the fact that the main bus routes I use to get to and from work (31/A, 37) as well as to my parents house (1, 120) are only operated by NXWM, it doesn't make financial sense for me.

...and those on multi-op service corridor will have the anybus bolt on, no one in their right mind would buy something they don't need...
Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

andy

Quote from: nitromatt1 on December 19, 2013, 06:25:51 PM

I'd have to disagree, for every nBus day ticket I see at least 10 NX Daysavers being bought

Of course they're not aware of its existence. Centro/Network WM do next to nothing to publicise or promote it. After all, they can't afford to upset NX!

PM

I would say nBus sales vary massively by route. Eg Bristol Road/Pershore Road/South Birmingham generally people do not tend to buy them. 50/16 are slightly different and I would say in the black country and especially in walsall, west brom, dudley, merry hill, halesowen people tend to buy them quite a lot due to the fact that more services are run by arriva/hansons/diamond. I would still like to see more nbus tickets being sold as it does support smaller businesses which is what we need to be doing.

Westy

I'm on a multi operator corridor between Bloxwich & Walsall but I find the Nx frequency adequate for me, so I'll normally have a Nx Daysaver or Bloxwich Walsall return. (Mainly a Nx Daysaver as I'll have to catch the 311/ 313 as well!)

vinh1000

Outside where I live have the 16 service which is GRS/Diamond/NXWM and often use Diamond with the nBus ticket
Vinny - frequent bus traveller :-)

HELEN - http://mb-web.co.uk/heleninstaller_3.3.msi
Manual:
Mobitec: http://mb-web.co.uk/MIE.zip

Tony

Quote from: andy on December 19, 2013, 08:48:00 PM

I'd have to disagree, for every nBus day ticket I see at least 10 NX Daysavers being bought

Of course they're not aware of its existence. Centro/Network WM do next to nothing to publicise or promote it. After all, they can't afford to upset NX!

So all those massive posters on billboards, bus shelter advertising spaces, full page adverts in the Metro, backs of buses etc along with the radio adverts featuring 'superheros' are doing next to nothing to promote nBus. Not quite sure what else you think Centro could do to promote it.

andy

Quote from: Tony on December 20, 2013, 08:46:26 AM

So all those massive posters on billboards, bus shelter advertising spaces, full page adverts in the Metro, backs of buses etc along with the radio adverts featuring 'superheros' are doing next to nothing to promote nBus. Not quite sure what else you think Centro could do to promote it.

To be fair that is standard fayre and the bare minimum you would expect from a public body with a vast marketing and publicity budget. They are all conventional methods which have always been there and are fixed methods with a fixed amount of expenditure.

They need to be more imaginative and actually get amongst the travelling public with some targeted information and marketing of the multi operator product offer.  They could also find some money from the bulging Centro coffers to run a trial period of matching the NX price or applying promotional discounts in order to give people an incentive to use and experience of using one. That is how you influence peoples' habits.

They could do far more on social media, and they could make it far easier to purchase and pay for the products. They could get involved with employers more to steer travel to work schemes towards the multi operator offer.

They need to break the cosy status quo. They have plenty of mine and your tax contributions with which to have a go, believe me.

Trident 4609

The 18 was running pretty late today (At first I thought the trip was missing) so I gave up waiting on Stubby Lane (Near Wednesfield) so walked to Lichfield Rd and caught a 59 and as I got to Wednesfield a S-YOG Dart pulled up behind only 10-15 mins late!

Westy

My lift was just trying to beat 2153 on the the Black Country Spine Road.

Lol

Liverpool Street

Quote from: Westy on December 20, 2013, 05:16:42 PM
My lift was just trying to beat 2153 on the the Black Country Spine Road.

Lol

Who won? Haha
Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

Westy

Tony

Quote from: andy on December 20, 2013, 03:25:25 PM
Quote from: Tony on December 20, 2013, 08:46:26 AM

To be fair that is standard fayre and the bare minimum you would expect from a public body with a vast marketing and publicity budget. They are all conventional methods which have always been there and are fixed methods with a fixed amount of expenditure.

They need to be more imaginative and actually get amongst the travelling public with some targeted information and marketing of the multi operator product offer.  They could also find some money from the bulging Centro coffers to run a trial period of matching the NX price or applying promotional discounts in order to give people an incentive to use and experience of using one. That is how you influence peoples' habits.

They could do far more on social media, and they could make it far easier to purchase and pay for the products. They could get involved with employers more to steer travel to work schemes towards the multi operator offer.

They need to break the cosy status quo. They have plenty of mine and your tax contributions with which to have a go, believe me.

Bulging Centro coffers - I don't think so.

You can purchase nBus on bus, in every shop that sells NX products, via Direct Debit, over the internet on almost every bus in the West Midlands - now suggest.

Centro Sales staff go to all the large employers and sell tickets via money taken monthly from wages the same as NX staff do

Now how would you prefer Centro spend money - on even more advertising, or actually supporting bus/train/tram services. I would prefer centro to run an extra 'Socially necessary service', whoever the operator, than wasting money on more advertising.

As for the price of nBus, it is not decided by Centro. It is decided by the 'nBus committee' or whatever its proper name is that includes representives of all the operators in the scheme.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk