News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Wednesfield Garage

Started by Discodave, February 09, 2013, 02:44:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Liverpool Street

Sharon Moor - Post Moved To More Relevant Topic
Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

Bob

Is the 9 not doing very well then? Anyone know how the new 310 is faring?  I caught it last week it had a couple of passengers between merry hill and dudley and nobody got on at the bus stn. The two buses I saw on it werent tge branded ones,  I got an unbranded ex london one and the other I saw was a y-ybc. The ex london wasnt too bad was smart inside

notepanel

Quote from: bob on November 16, 2013, 10:22:37 AM
Is the 9 not doing very well then? Anyone know how the new 310 is faring?  I caught it last week it had a couple of passengers between merry hill and dudley and nobody got on at the bus stn. The two buses I saw on it werent tge branded ones,  I got an unbranded ex london one and the other I saw was a y-ybc. The ex london wasnt too bad was smart inside

I must admit to not knowing the answer to either, but 'Sharon Moor' seems to be extremely pro-Sandwell Travel. The only reason they've posted/joined the forum is to big up Sandwell Travel and put down competitors...

She is just a normal customer however, supporting the bus company on an enthusiasts site as so many customers do.

John

Quote from: ARRIVA / S I on November 29, 2013, 01:20:45 PM
Red / WD / MPD with cab dismantled on back of lorry in Cannock today REG ?

That may be the one that crashed into the garden somewhere in Walsall. Can not remember the fleetnumber/regristation, but do remember seeing a pic on Flickr of the same bus involved in that accident of it in Wednesfield garage with no front end

arrivaaston

Could be 2122 W895AGA as that was in Cannocks yard with no front

tphi12000

Has anyone seen 4804 in service recently as it's the only alx that I've not seen on the A2/3 services ?
Tony

arrivaaston

4804 has been parked at Wednesfield for ages minus a steering wheel not sure is she's withdrawn or having work done its been atleast 2 months

Ck

Is there a staffing issue at wednesfield as most of the Cannock fleet are advertising for drivers

Westy

Seeing the dedicated 19 thread has vanished,  I'll post here instead.

Who does Arriva's doorstep distribution as Ive got a 19 promotional leaflet with coupons on.

Drawback is, I live on the 2 / 2a in Leamore, nowhere near  the 19 !

Bob

Quote from: Westy on December 02, 2013, 07:05:01 PM

Who does Arriva's doorstep distribution as Ive got a 19 promotional leaflet with coupons on.

Must be struggling.  This' ll be a last ditch attempt,  they did a similar thing with the x31 with 'buzz off to Birmingham ' cheap fares promotions shortly before they axed it...anyone else think the 19 is doomed and will end up cut back to walsall bloxwich?

andy

Probably the same people that delivered promotional leaflets and coupons for the 97.......in Erdington!

Quote from: bob on December 02, 2013, 07:18:35 PM

Must be struggling.  This' ll be a last ditch attempt,  they did a similar thing with the x31 with 'buzz off to Birmingham ' cheap fares promotions shortly before they axed it...anyone else think the 19 is doomed and will end up cut back to walsall bloxwich?

Arriva are simply learning the hard way that you can't touch NX on a commercial basis in the West Midlands while they are able to run the Travelcard as a loss leader whilst gathering their real income from vast Centro subsidies based on market share and miles operated.

Please use 'Edit Tool'. Cheers, LS

PM

Quote from: andy on December 02, 2013, 07:40:51 PM

Probably the same people that delivered promotional leaflets and coupons for the 97.......in Erdington!

Seems a really bad, expensive way of promotion as go north east worked out some years ago-brand up buses in bright liveries with timetables on the bus like diamond did with the 002. No point spending masses of money on leaflet drops in areas miles away.

Quote from: andy on December 02, 2013, 07:44:53 PM

Arriva are simply learning the hard way that you can't touch NX on a commercial basis in the West Midlands while they are able to run the Travelcard as a loss leader whilst gathering their real income from vast Centro subsidies based on market share and miles operated.

I agree it's hard to compete with NX as rotala have discovered. But arriva seem totally clueless on how to-I'm sorry but old knackered darts and deckers with no real brand identity and no hopers for routes is never going to affect NX. You can tell that with arriva, someone has sat down at a computer who never uses buses and planned out some routes. The people that know how to compete are people who have used or driven buses like Peter Jones and know the ins and outs of how to make money. Indeed, the fact that most of their routes are so long means that profits will be lower as will frequencies for a similar amount of resources. I would have thought it's easier to make money on something like the 401e/4 than massive, long routes...

'Edit Tool' In future. Cheers, LS

Westy

Quote from: DiamondDart on December 02, 2013, 07:45:10 PM
Quote from: andy on December 02, 2013, 07:40:51 PM

Seems a really bad, expensive way of promotion as go north east worked out some years ago-brand up buses in bright liveries with timetables on the bus like diamond did with the 002. No point spending masses of money on leaflet drops in areas miles away.

Quote from: andy on December 02, 2013, 07:44:53 PM

I agree it's hard to compete with NX as rotala have discovered. But arriva seem totally clueless on how to-I'm sorry but old knackered darts and deckers with no real brand identity and no hopers for routes is never going to affect NX. You can tell that with arriva, someone has sat down at a computer who never uses buses and planned out some routes. The people that know how to compete are people who have used or driven buses like Peter Jones and know the ins and outs of how to make money. Indeed, the fact that most of their routes are so long means that profits will be lower as will frequencies for a similar amount of resources. I would have thought it's easier to make money on something like the 401e/4 than massive, long routes...

'Edit Tool' In future. Cheers, LS

With some former local NX people working at Wednesfield ISTR, you'd think they'd know what should & what shouldn't?

(I'd say, have a crack at the 529, but Travel Express  &  Diamond did pretty crap too, but seeing Arriva's depot in Wednesfield would be closer to the route  than Diamond's , dead mileage should not be a problem surely?)

PM

I would have thought the routes over there to do would be the 59-diamond did fine on there until it left the bus station.... Then 529 and posssibly a key wolverhampton route like the 1. Also, I think arriva should use the same service numbers as TWM and do direct copies as opposed to messing about with routes. That way, I would have thought some money could be made

Bob

They could stick some mpds on the 51 lol

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk