News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Wednesfield Garage

Started by Discodave, February 09, 2013, 02:44:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

arrivaaston

P942ems is the 1 and was reinstated just before the take over, god knows why when the others hae left the fleet, only P956RUL left of that batch, ejz2291 is the newer model I believe, I'd like to know what's happening with Y301/2KNB

SMK

Quote from: mranon on April 18, 2013, 05:51:56 PM
4854 is more like a steam engine than a diesel bus. its always receiving attention at the bus station, and sounds like its ready to blow its engine!
One of the driver's was saying ever since the engineers started tinkering with one of the deckers (I'm guessing 4854), it's been problematic.  ;D
We'll get rid of your bus to Wolves and replace it with one to Walsall instead.......... Oh the joy of a Network Review. -_-

Bob

P942 EMS is in a right poor state as is almost all of the ex midland fleet. Arriva should get rid of 90% starting with Solo's.

Andrew1991

2141 has been branded for the 9 (lime green) seen earlier parked in w'ton

Trident 4609

Quote from: Andrew (a1991) on April 25, 2013, 10:43:01 PM
2141 has been branded for the 9 (lime green) seen earlier parked in w'ton

Yes i saw this which i posted up earlier. It was on the 63/4 today alongside a unbranded E200

Andrew1991

Not the best picture because it was off my phone & I've had to shrink the file.

bwsau cymru

Thats really good to see arriva are making a start with some good branding! Really hope the new 19 gets branded too!
campaigning for better transport for all

JackC

Quote from: dannygill on April 26, 2013, 01:16:03 PM
Thats really good to see arriva are making a start with some good branding!

Agreed, should erase any doubts about how much commitment Arriva have to making the Midland takeover work for them. Although saying that, I'm sure one or two people will be a little harder to convince...  ::)

Bob

They need to put decent buses on routes to be fair ok there are 3 E200s but thats p#####g in the ocean. Tired crap MPDs tbat are only marginally better than the crap that theyre replacing and still break down regularly arent gonna cut it.

notepanel

Quote from: bob on April 26, 2013, 01:31:01 PM
They need to put decent buses on routes to be fair ok there are 3 E200s but thats p#####g in the ocean. Tired crap MPDs tbat are only marginally better than the crap that theyre replacing and still break down regularly arent gonna cut it.

Don't forget that because of the closure of the Bentley Road South bridge, the 9 is on diversion via the Black Country Route for the next 18 months. It sounded like the Dart I was on the other day was going to fall apart with the roar of the engine & the rattles on that section of the route!

Bob

Quote from: notepanel on April 26, 2013, 02:07:06 PM
Quote from: bob on April 26, 2013, 01:31:01 PM

Don't forget that because of the closure of the Bentley Road South bridge, the 9 is on diversion via the Black Country Route for the next 18 mohnths. It sounded like the Dart I was on the other day was going to fall apart with the roar of the engine & the rattles on that section of the route!

My sentiments exactly. ...

mranon

whats going on with midland? a few of the red darts are caked with oil up the backend, and a "new refurbed arriva bus" bought in on the 810 was totally black on the backend. it doesn't look good

Quote from: mranon on April 26, 2013, 06:28:38 PM
whats going on with midland? a few of the red darts are caked with oil up the backend, and a "new refurbed arriva bus" bought in on the 810 was totally black on the backend. it doesn't look good
I have noticed that to. Maybe short of space now Hill Top closed all parked closer to a wall with engines left running splat splat..like the discharge on a Sat morning from a very hot Fri curry & several strong continental largers  ;D
Or maybe the new bus wash needs a slight adjustment or maybe the buses need to be driven through the wash slower  :P :P :P
Enviro 200 Rebels......Venturing Out Into New Territory's!!

Bob

Or maybe Arriva are every bit as crap as Midland were lol?

Tony

Quote from: 4006 on April 26, 2013, 06:46:20 PM
Quote from: mranon on April 26, 2013, 06:28:38 PM
I have noticed that to. Maybe short of space now Hill Top closed all parked closer to a wall with engines left running splat splat..like the discharge on a Sat morning from a very hot Fri curry & several strong continental largers  ;D
Or maybe the new bus wash needs a slight adjustment or maybe the buses need to be driven through the wash slower  :P :P :P

Black back ends are usually a sign of oil leaks from the engine

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk