News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Wednesfield Garage

Started by Discodave, February 09, 2013, 02:44:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

John

Quote from: 4006 on March 28, 2013, 11:20:14 PM
Also Ex Midland Trident/ELC
http://www.flickr.com/photos/retroscania/8599189138/in/photostream/

I have noticed in that picture that the return fare branding only mentions Arriva, and not valid with NXWM as well as in my picture of 4854 -

http://www.flickr.com/photos/john-s-91/8360886327/

Does this mean that the joint return fares have finished, or only Arriva are still offering return fares?

andy

Quote from: John on March 29, 2013, 07:33:03 PM
Quote from: 4006 on March 28, 2013, 11:20:14 PM
Also Ex Midland Trident/ELC
http://www.flickr.com/photos/retroscania/8599189138/in/photostream/

I have noticed in that picture that the return fare branding only mentions Arriva, and not valid with NXWM as well as in my picture of 4854 -

http://www.flickr.com/photos/john-s-91/8360886327/

Does this mean that the joint return fares have finished, or only Arriva are still offering return fares?

Yes I noticed that too, along with the fare increase...I think relations between the two may have already started to deteriorate in anticipation of the next installment!

Wolfman

Quote from: bob on March 29, 2013, 03:00:45 PM
How??? 99% of Midlands fleet are sheds so its still the same crap buses just repainted into aquamarine!  Complemented with a few ex London Darts that are already breaking down. Quality?? Having a giraffe there mate
It seems you've misunderstood my message. With two big heavy weights in Wolvo, thing could get interesting from now on.

And yeah, the crap Arriva have inherited are from other operators. Granted, I don't live in Arriva town where you are, so I have a tonnage of your comments bashing Arriva to go on by. They aren't perfect but still, they're MILES better then Midland could ever hoped to be.
What happened to free speech?

PM

I would not expect arriva to make an impact on services in the west midlands-services are being chopped here there and everywhere as they have been since deregulation-112 is the latest-NXWM have a monopoly with diamond and other independents operating other routes and competing. I do not personally see room for another competitior and I dont know why arriva would bother and risk NXWM attacking their routes when they can focus on other areas where they have more of a foothold and improving services and growing patronage there-they have the monopoly in Liverpool, strong presence in Manchester and yorkshire and the north east where services have a lot of potential and they are already well established. Improving buses in liverpool would do more to increase arriva's profits than messing about in the west midlands

Wolfman

That last thing you said, you have a point there. Ah well, a man can dream, eh. Tho why would they bother with tenders services here then? They got Midland on the the cheap so extra profits would be made ?
What happened to free speech?

Tony

Quote from: Peter123 on March 29, 2013, 08:05:02 PM
I would not expect arriva to make an impact on services in the west midlands-services are being chopped here there and everywhere as they have been since deregulation-112 is the latest-NXWM have a monopoly with diamond and other independents operating other routes and competing. I do not personally see room for another competitior and I dont know why arriva would bother and risk NXWM attacking their routes when they can focus on other areas where they have more of a foothold and improving services and growing patronage there-they have the monopoly in Liverpool, strong presence in Manchester and yorkshire and the north east where services have a lot of potential and they are already well established. Improving buses in liverpool would do more to increase arriva's profits than messing about in the west midlands

And of course National Express are just about to open a 'coach depot' right in the middle of one of Arriva's areas (Luton) and won a service that will reduce work at Arriva's depot in that area (The A1 (ex 757)

winston

Quote from: Tony on March 29, 2013, 08:28:20 PM

And of course National Express are just about to open a 'coach depot' right in the middle of one of Arriva's areas (Luton) and won a service that will reduce work at Arriva's depot in that area (The A1 (ex 757)

And NX are also commencing coach operations branded as 'city2city' in Germany in April & winning rail franchises at the expense of Arriva's parent Deutsche Bahn

PM

Quote from: Winston on March 29, 2013, 08:50:56 PM
Quote from: Tony on March 29, 2013, 08:28:20 PM

And NX are also commencing coach operations branded as 'city2city' in Germany in April & winning rail franchises at the expense of Arriva's parent Deutsche Bahn

Go on National Express I say!! For two long have other countries been allowed to win our rail franchises and british companies barred from trying to gain theirs! I say good luck to national express and long may it continue!

Bob

Quote from: dannygill on March 29, 2013, 07:19:35 PM
Quote from: bob on March 29, 2013, 08:39:21 AM
You wouldve thought that by now all red buses would have arriva vinyls yesterday a Midland dart was on the 62 in hednesford. Its normally an ex london pointer dart, confusing for passengers and a crap image for arriva

That's shocking, have you not noticed the hundreds on west midlands travel buses still branded as Travel West Midlands????

Diamond did a brilliant job with the change to Blue Diamond and ok Arriva haven't moved so fast but they are making and big entry. Arriva are doing a brilliant job and I honestly say good on them, Rotala & NX watch out!!!

At least TWM / NXWM ARE the same company of sorts not a company thats extinct lol. I would put money on Arri a failing cos theyre pants they cant even put branded buses on properly at cannock. It would be like n  putting 51 branded on 997, 4 on 301, 935 on the 41 all day every day. They are crap. Period

andy

Quote from: bob on March 29, 2013, 09:35:17 PM
Quote from: dannygill on March 29, 2013, 07:19:35 PM
Quote from: bob on March 29, 2013, 08:39:21 AM
You wouldve thought that by now all red buses would have arriva vinyls yesterday a Midland dart was on the 62 in hednesford. Its normally an ex london pointer dart, confusing for passengers and a crap image for arriva

That's shocking, have you not noticed the hundreds on west midlands travel buses still branded as Travel West Midlands????

Diamond did a brilliant job with the change to Blue Diamond and ok Arriva haven't moved so fast but they are making and big entry. Arriva are doing a brilliant job and I honestly say good on them, Rotala & NX watch out!!!

At least TWM / NXWM ARE the same company of sorts not a company thats extinct lol. I would put money on Arri a failing cos theyre pants they cant even put branded buses on properly at cannock. It would be like n  putting 51 branded on 997, 4 on 301, 935 on the 41 all day every day. They are crap. Period

Yes. a bit like putting 37 branded buses on the 966 every day, 51 buses on the X51, and how long ago was it again that TWM became NXWM??

Bob

Yes nx do it but no where near as bad as Arriva in cannock!

Quote from: dannygill on March 29, 2013, 07:24:23 PM
and hopefully the reason why arriva haven't done anything with the older "clapped out" darts and solo's is that they will be replaced and it actually makes sense to keep them as midland buses rather than spending an extra penny which can be put in to new buses. Arriva have far from got failure up on there doors and combining route 19 and 560 is a brilliant start and hopefully arriva will continue to build on there established network around bloxwich and capitalise on it, some good route branding and marketing and they are in. If it wasn't for my staff pass I would use them everytime!!! Arriva and here and Arriva are going to stay, who will they buy next you should be asking!

I agree with Danny. We can talk and talk about the possible failings of Arriva before we've even given them a chance but a firm as big and with as much experience in the industry as Arriva is not going to spend a S*** load of money on a whim! They are not going to buy a whole garage, stacks of buses and staff just for the crack!!! They have a plan and they mean business!!
Enviro 200 Rebels......Venturing Out Into New Territory's!!

Bob

Ohhh im just judging by their track record, did they mean business when they bought Chase then?? Considering there are now only TWO!!! of their routes still running? And the great way they run cannock depot and services? Please..

Quote from: bob on March 30, 2013, 12:59:21 AM
Ohhh im just judging by their track record, did they mean business when they bought Chase then?? Considering there are now only TWO!!! of their routes still running? And the great way they run cannock depot and services? Please..

Touchy touchy!  :o sorry Bob whatever Arriva have done to you it seams worse than the Bit** from hell of ex Mrs's!!!
In fact I forgive my ex I love her again constantly hearing your Arriva hump makes her seam somewhat 'nicer' (P.S for legality and privacy legistlation I am not referring to 'which' ex)
Just to reiterate I did not say they would succeed of fail I was mearly pointing out that 'They' believe they will succeed if they didn't they would not have taken over Midland in the first place and 'Rome wasn't built in a day'  :)
Enviro 200 Rebels......Venturing Out Into New Territory's!!

Bob

And im just pointing out that their track record points toward the direction of failure. ...

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk