News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Wednesfield Garage

Started by Discodave, February 09, 2013, 02:44:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

j789

Will be interesting how many of those 50 drivers who transfer will stay with Diamond long term. When First sold KR and Redditch, very few drivers made the transfer over with most moving to Worcester garage or Whittles, or leaving elsewhere. The stories from ex-Diamond drivers about that company, who I work alongside now, make very interesting listening!!! I am pretty sure that 50 will not be 50 for very long! NXWM Wolverhampton or Walsall garage will no doubt have several knocks at the door!

Bob

It was the same for Chase drivers when Arriva took em over

Bob

I wouldn't think Diamond would want any of Wednesfield fleet lol

Trident 4194

I would hardly say arriva drivers were decent. Diamond is probably a step up

Daveheggerty

Don't think it was an acquisition by diamond, rather a giveaway by Arriva who increased their tendered prices considerably to make sure they'd lose the work

John

Quote from: Trident 4194 on March 05, 2017, 10:17:26 PM

Why? An awful thing to say. Nothing wrong with Arriva drivers

Dom

Quote from: Trident 4194 on March 05, 2017, 10:17:26 PM

At least they can drive a bus. It's a level move.

BN

Quote from: Kevin on March 05, 2017, 07:15:55 PM
With so much work and staff simply transferring over to Diamond, are they having some buses as well? If so, shall we take bets now on how long we'll see Diamond buses still in Arriva livery? Lol

No vehicles are included in the deal.

Solo1

How many non driving jobs are moving to diamond

Busman Jamie

I would imagine the buses will transfer to other depots

mranon

is the 10 staying with arriva? I know quite a few people at wednesfield, most through the choice days. I feel for everyone involved, and think its rather unfair that those are the choices. why don't they do the decent thing and if people want redundancy let them have it. yes it costs, but can they really expect people who work at wednesfield to travel all that distance everyday to work.

Solo1

Quote from: S . V . B on March 06, 2017, 11:45:33 AM
I reckon cadets to CK
I reckon dennis to HY
Anyone 2ND that ? ?
&  the deckers to where

Westy

Quote from: mranon on March 06, 2017, 09:17:21 PM
is the 10 staying with arriva? I know quite a few people at wednesfield, most through the choice days. I feel for everyone involved, and think its rather unfair that those are the choices. why don't they do the decent thing and if people want redundancy let them have it. yes it costs, but can they really expect people who work at wednesfield to travel all that distance everyday to work.

Wish they'd give me that option, when we moved!

We were conned basically.

Bob

Surely they're mostly coming up for withdrawal

Grinder

The youngest bus in the Wednesfield allocation is 14 years old.  What happens to the allocation is going to depend on what routes go to which garage and how many spare buses are available at each of those garages already, allowing for cover for the inevitable breakdown or two.  I suspect that the majority will be withdrawn/sold/scrapped to reduce the asset base otherwise the cost of them will just be an additional cost to the garage they go to.  It is possible of course that the right down cost of these old vehicles is so low that it won't matter what happens to them.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk