News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Wednesfield Garage

Started by Discodave, February 09, 2013, 02:44:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Walsall1955

Quote from: Westy on September 20, 2016, 01:03:17 PM
But it has lasted longer than certain services!

Why did Nx give it up in the first place?

It seemed healthy loadings when I used to see 319's as was.

The old 319 was once 4 buses per hour (2x Chase + 2 x WMT).
As part of a network review WMT concentrated on service 29 at increased rrequency and left service 319 to another operator (Midland from memory).   

The impression that I get is that the improved frequency on the 29 made the 319 a service of last resort - for those who couldn't walk easily to the 29 stops they remained with the 319.  The 29 had an initial increase with WMT leaving the 319 and more lately the appearance of Diamond on the 29 makes it even more logical to walk to the stops that the 29 serves instead of using a closer 319 stop. 

As is so often seen passengers will walk further to get to a higher frequency service rather than walk a shorter disance to a lower frequency service.   However good an operator is they will inevitably have instances of buses going missing from the published timetable - a 29 going missing is a non-event as compared to a lower frequency service like the 319 losing a journey.   I haven't seen any information about 319's going missing, my most recent information is that journeys on lower frequency routes going mssing is that on WMT 41 (WA) and 69 (WN) service buses sometimes have failed to operate in recent weeks.

Adam 404

Quote from: Tony on September 20, 2016, 07:05:59 PM
Nobody in their right mind would convert a Euro 2 dart to Euro 3.

Why would anyway spend a five figure sum on a replacement engine for a 15 year old dart
To be fair, De Courcey did something similar with their MCV's that are between 10 and 12 years old. They are still not all upgraded yet though!

http://centro.org.uk/about-us/news/2016/clean-and-green-local-heroes-hit-the-road-in-coventry/

"The technology was installed following a £404,000 grant from the Department for Transport Clean Vehicle Technology Fund after an application submitted by Centro, the delivery arm of the West Midlands Integrated Transport Authority (ITA)."

"Each of the Travel de Courcey buses was fitted with exhaust catalysts and electric hybrid engine technology which can reduce emissions by more than 90 per cent."

Tony

Quote from: Adam 404 on September 20, 2016, 08:24:25 PM
To be fair, De Courcey did something similar with their MCV's that are between 10 and 12 years old. They are still not all upgraded yet though!

http://centro.org.uk/about-us/news/2016/clean-and-green-local-heroes-hit-the-road-in-coventry/

"The technology was installed following a £404,000 grant from the Department for Transport Clean Vehicle Technology Fund after an application submitted by Centro, the delivery arm of the West Midlands Integrated Transport Authority (ITA)."

"Each of the Travel de Courcey buses was fitted with exhaust catalysts and electric hybrid engine technology which can reduce emissions by more than 90 per cent."

That's not fitting a new engine, or upgrading a Euro 2 to Euro 3 which is pretty pointless

Dom

Quote from: Trident 4194 on September 20, 2016, 06:52:46 PM
Do you admit diamond are better? Also have all darts been converted to euro 3, as some darts sound like euro 2?

No, they're both as shit as each other but for differing reasons.

Ashley 60171

Quote from: Tony on September 20, 2016, 07:05:59 PM
Nobody in their right mind would convert a Euro 2 dart to Euro 3.

Why would anyway spend a five figure sum on a replacement engine for a 15 year old dart

Because the veg filter is yet to applied to the forum! :P

Adam 404

Quote from: Tony on September 20, 2016, 08:38:41 PM
That's not fitting a new engine, or upgrading a Euro 2 to Euro 3 which is pretty pointless
I agree with you @Tony that the technology isn't a new engine, but this didn't stop De Courcey spending a 5 figure sum with government backing to upgrade their fleet that are now creating '90% less pollution'.
And they are equivalent to Euro 6 consequently.

Tony

Quote from: Adam 404 on September 20, 2016, 11:48:00 PM
I agree with you @Tony that the technology isn't a new engine, but this didn't stop De Courcey spending a 5 figure sum with government backing to upgrade their fleet that are now creating '90% less pollution'.
And they are equivalent to Euro 6 consequently.

That's my point. They have made them Euro 6. Making it Euro 3 would be completely pointless. Single deck 3s have been banned from Birmingham for nearly two years

Quote from: Winston on September 19, 2016, 04:47:47 PM
Might be one for Diamond to look at picking up or incorporating in to the existing Diamond 29 as a variant

They will be operating it.
it's been a while....

Bob

Wednesfield losing many tenders?  As they've given up almost on commercial no 71 no 76 etc soon no 19

winston

Quote from: Bob on September 25, 2016, 12:01:55 PM
Wednesfield losing many tenders?  As they've given up almost on commercial no 71 no 76 etc soon no 19

They've lost a couple of daytime tenders including the 50 & 224 to Diamond. They didn't win anything new.

Bob

I can't see how it's a viable garage tbf

winston

Quote from: Bob on September 25, 2016, 01:00:40 PM
I can't see how it's a viable garage tbf

Me either, it appears to be being run down prior to eventual closure

Quote from: Winston on September 25, 2016, 12:36:14 PM
They've lost a couple of daytime tenders including the 50 & 224 to Diamond. They didn't win anything new.
The Sunday/Evenings 77 has also been lost to NX.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

PM

Quote from: Winston on September 25, 2016, 12:36:14 PM

Do we reckon they even bid for anything?

winston

Quote from: DiamondDart on September 25, 2016, 02:24:19 PM
Do we reckon they even bid for anything?

Possibly not if they're intending to close Wednesfield

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk