News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Wednesfield Garage

Started by Discodave, February 09, 2013, 02:44:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BN

Quote from: The King on August 03, 2016, 07:04:06 PM
Yepp as soon as the tenders are up... they are hemorrhaging money at the moment and can't retain the staff

Sorry, afraid not. Business as usual.

Bob

Quote from: BN on August 03, 2016, 08:07:20 PM

Didn't you say we had "no plans to sell or close any other garage than Burton"?

Wednesfield can't be very profitable if it were you wouldn't have a fleet of knackers with the newest 12 years old

PM

Quote from: BN on August 03, 2016, 08:07:20 PM

No smoke without fire... I reckon the approach at DB is definitely 'afraid not' as to why they can't be closed sooner. Business as usual is a pretty dire approach if you're losing money!

Doubteless the uncertainty either way must be destroying staff morale and thus retention rates. Why couldn't Arriva have kept with the approach back in 2013 and 2014 of trying new ideas, the 9 was a busy route, the 334 also but they gave into tiny companies for goodness'  sake.

You lose work and then overheads become proportionally higher, rest of business then gets destroyed. It's exactly this disasterous approach First took, Stafford and Cannock has all the hallmarks of Redditch and Kidderminster. Why not follow the approach they know is working in Yorkshire and the NE, invest, speculate to accumulate and grow the business. A cost cutting approach simply will not work, I reckon Stafford and Cannock, Wednesfield, Bolton, Colchester (First have upper hand there against an op Arriva ditched originally anyway) are all on borrowed time. Shires is propped up by 757 as 33% of revenue there.

In some ways Arriva have been handed Cheshire and NW ops back on a plate after GHA collapse. Even there on Merseyside Stagecoach investment must be hurting them, look at the new E400MMCs being pumped in with fares branding, Stagecoach attacking Arriva on ex SQBP corridors.

Add to that a lack of investment and forcing managers to reapply for own jobs and it's not looking great.

the trainbasher

Presume this is a Wednesfield route

PD0000478/345 - ARRIVA MIDLANDS NORTH LTD T/A ARRIVA MIDLANDS, THURMASTON GARAGE, 4 WESTMORELAND AVENUE, THURMASTON, LEICESTER, LE4 8PH
Cancellation Accepted: Operating between Boney Hay and Lichfield given service number 15 effective from 08-Oct-2016.

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

The King

Quote from: the trainbasher on August 04, 2016, 02:48:27 PM
Presume this is a Wednesfield route

PD0000478/345 - ARRIVA MIDLANDS NORTH LTD T/A ARRIVA MIDLANDS, THURMASTON GARAGE, 4 WESTMORELAND AVENUE, THURMASTON, LEICESTER, LE4 8PH
Cancellation Accepted: Operating between Boney Hay and Lichfield given service number 15 effective from 08-Oct-2016.

Cannocks

Cheese

Ashley 60171

Don't suppose anybody can let me know where 2720-23/25 are tomorrow please? Thanks

Cheese

Quote from: A R R I V A : S I on August 05, 2016, 01:55:18 AM
I also personally think that WD depot should have CXO4 EHV : CX04 EHW : CX04 EHY : CX04 EHZ all from Cannock

Er, why? What would Cannock use on the 3 then?

Bob

They're not on there that often, they get used on the Pye Greens and often the 70 as part of the upgrades 😂

Bob

Why ? They're on the way out lol

BN

Quote from: Ashley 60171 on August 04, 2016, 11:48:40 PM
Don't suppose anybody can let me know where 2720-23/25 are tomorrow please? Thanks

Hi Ashley, try 229 or 326. Bilston your best bet mate.

Ashley 60171

Quote from: BN on August 05, 2016, 08:09:44 PM
Hi Ashley, try 229 or 326. Bilston your best bet mate.

Hi BN, I didn't end up getting the chance to mooch for them today sadly.

Saw 2721 at Compton on my way home though, is this a 10 bus now?

BN

Quote from: Ashley 60171 on August 05, 2016, 08:20:51 PM
Hi BN, I didn't end up getting the chance to mooch for them today sadly.

Saw 2721 at Compton on my way home though, is this a 10 bus now?

Yes it has a transponder on it.

Ashley 60171

Quote from: BN on August 05, 2016, 09:26:33 PM
Yes it has a transponder on it.

Thanks for that BN. Was hoping it would happen.

Bob

Having been on it today I can see why the 76 is withdrawn. 3 passengers from wolves including me then only me on the bus from Oxley onwards to Penkridge.  Wonder why the 54 seems to do a lot better any thoughts?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk