News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Wednesfield Garage

Started by Discodave, February 09, 2013, 02:44:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob

Is there a reason you would feel the need to run your buses with the heating on full on a day like today? Y361 UON being a particularly bad offender...

Steveminor

The heating controls in some buses is in the engine bay & some drivers won't go in their for either their own refusal to do so or company rules. So if the engineers at the depot don't bother to switch it off then the bus will just be a greenhouse for a day or two.

Will

Quote from: Steveminor on July 18, 2016, 08:39:14 PM
The heating controls in some buses is in the engine bay & some drivers won't go in their for either their own refusal to do so or company rules. So if the engineers at the depot don't bother to switch it off then the bus will just be a greenhouse for a day or two.

That's true actually I have a good friend of mine who was working for an agency in Bristol not directly for the company in question (First West of England) anyway he told me that if he ever had problem with the bus he was driving he was told by First under no circumstances are you to open the bonnet now like I say bearing in mind he wasn't actually First staff so how they've got the nerve to say that I'll never know my friend has been a PCV Driver for 11 years so he knows his stuff 
Stourbridge   125

It isn't nerve - it's a safety rule.

karl724223

Quote from: Will on July 18, 2016, 08:51:06 PM
That's true actually I have a good friend of mine who was working for an agency in Bristol not directly for the company in question (First West of England) anyway he told me that if he ever had problem with the bus he was driving he was told by First under no circumstances are you to open the bonnet now like I say bearing in mind he wasn't actually First staff so how they've got the nerve to say that I'll never know my friend has been a PCV Driver for 11 years so he knows his stuff
its called health and safety it's the same at Nxwm drivers do not open the engine compartment

Will

Quote from: karl724223 on July 18, 2016, 09:15:20 PM
its called health and safety it's the same at Nxwm drivers do not open the engine compartment

Where as Diamond have totally different stance on it....
Stourbridge   125

Quote from: Will on July 18, 2016, 10:07:22 PM
Where as Diamond have totally different stance on it....

Exactly

Ashley 60171

Apparently 2269 is the latest transponder bus.

Also now the cherubs have finished for the summer, what's occuring with 4786/97? Are they being replaced? I know I've asked already probably but since CK are getting Lowlanders now I don't know what's happening.

Bob

What would they need anything like a Commander for? Their empty services lol?

Ashley 60171

Quote from: A R R I V A : S I on July 27, 2016, 08:15:16 PM
Any idea how many mpd are on the WD fleet ? can do with replacing few of them with Commanders

See fleetlist on main site.

Westy

Quote from: 646 on July 18, 2016, 10:19:37 PM
Exactly

Funnily enough, I saw a Diamond with its bonnet up on the Bloxwich Road last night.

Ashley 60171

Quote from: A R R I V A : S I on August 01, 2016, 12:05:22 PM
Am i right in thinking that the newest vehicle at Wednesfield is one of the ( EX ) Cannock / YJ54 plate ?

Look at the fleetlist on the main site!

Bob

Any truth in the rumour posted elsewhere that Wednesfield is shutting then?

The King

Yepp as soon as the tenders are up... they are hemorrhaging money at the moment and can't retain the staff

Bob

Aww yet another success story.....lol. and such a good fleet too 😂😂😂

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk