News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Wednesfield Garage

Started by Discodave, February 09, 2013, 02:44:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dom

Quote from: Solo1 on May 04, 2016, 02:03:42 PM
What was the Wednesfield depot before midland moved in now arriva  depot

Yes and iirc the choice travel depot before that too

Solo1

I know but what wes it before it was choice depot

ARBB

Garage closing down according to some drivers

Solo1

Quote from: pndriver on May 05, 2016, 01:10:05 PM
Garage closing down according to some drivers
if this is true where will the services move to cannock  or other operators

Westy

Quote from: Solo1 on May 05, 2016, 02:30:18 PM

Hmm. First Burton is mentioned, now Wednesfield.

They're up to something!

Tony

Quote from: Solo1 on May 05, 2016, 02:30:18 PM

Perhaps it might be worth waiting to see if it is true first

Bob

Quote from: Tony on May 05, 2016, 03:20:37 PM
Perhaps it might be worth waiting to see if it is true first

True Tony.  I can imagine Wednesfield is massively profitable too...lol

PM

It'll certainly be interesting to see what the rumours amount to. It's a far cry from the 2012 rumours of Diamond Tividale going to Arriva.

Saying that, the Wednesfield op seems to have lost much of its sparkle.

Theoretically 76 could go to Stafford outstation and 35/71/X68 to Cannock. If they were desperate to keep the 10 and 19 they could be worked from Cannock from buses worked into Wolverhampton and Walsall. Saying that, neither route would strike me as especially worth that amount of effort although First Midland Red briefly worked WM tenders to expiry from Kidderminster.

The Centro contracts could be re-tendered to other operators and ultimately buses cascaded within group to replace older MPDs etc of which Shires have a few.

If true though it'd be another one of the big groups to enter and leave the WM within a relatively short period of time. Pity really as I've always thought under Arriva it's been a smart looking op. Maybe not the newest buses but usually very well presented and crucially for Centro extra competition for the tenders.

Bob

What sparkle ? Every route they ever launched was a massive flop

PM

I always thought some of the launches were well promoted, 310/9 branded up. The refurbed ex London MPDs they brought in at the time looked/look immaculate.

Bob

Still 15 year old darts with a re trim. Equivalent to what cowboy operators run

BK63 YWP

@Bob I have had no issues of the state of buses and time keeping on the 27/257/142 it would be shame to lose Arriva if they left the west midlands.
The Funny sounding Enviro 400

15 Wolverhampton to Merry Hill
15A Wolverhampton Merry Hill
16 Wolverhampton to Stourbridge

X10 Gornal Wood

Westy

Would there be someway the 10 could be worked out of Telford like the 8 & 9?

How come Midland got the 19 in the North Walsall review in the first place?

Would have thought Twm(as was) deemed it an important route?

(Then again I thought they'd keep a Walsall to Cannock service on & apart from the x51 peaks, no they didnt!)

Whoever had the bright idea of that short lived Service 5 to & from the Turnberry needed their head examining!

Solo1

PD0000478/341 - ARRIVA MIDLANDS NORTH LTD T/A ARRIVA MIDLANDS, THURMASTON GARAGE, 4 WESTMORELAND AVENUE, THURMASTON, LEICESTER, LE4 8PH

Cancellation Accepted: Operating between Walsall, Bradford Place and Willehall, Lion Hotel given service number 333 effective from 24-Jul-2016.

2. PD0000478/385 - ARRIVA MIDLANDS NORTH LTD T/A ARRIVA MIDLANDS, THURMASTON GARAGE, 4 WESTMORELAND AVENUE, THURMASTON, LEICESTER, LE4 8PH

Variation Accepted: Operating between Wilenhall and Merry Hill given service number 310 effective from 24-Jul-2016. To amend Route, Stopping Places and Timetable.

3. PD0000478/412 - ARRIVA MIDLANDS NORTH LTD T/A ARRIVA MIDLANDS, THURMASTON GARAGE, 4 WESTMORELAND AVENUE, THURMASTON, LEICESTER, LE4 8PH

Cancellation Accepted: Operating between Wolverhampton Bus Station and Cannock Chase Hospital given service number X68 effective from 02-Jul-2016.

Bob

It don't run to Merry Hill does it?  X 68 as well. ....hmmm

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk