News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Wednesfield Garage

Started by Discodave, February 09, 2013, 02:44:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Solo1

Does arriva still run the free bus to sainsburys at mere green if so
what's the normal bus used on the as I know the had a branded solo on there

BN

Quote from: Solo1 on January 03, 2016, 10:50:01 AM
Does arriva still run the free bus to sainsburys at mere green if so
what's the normal bus used on the as I know the had a branded solo on there

Yes still do the Mere Green Sainsbury's, no dedicated vehicle on there.

BN

Quote from: DiamondDart on January 02, 2016, 06:02:30 PM
Cheers for the info @BN I didn't know whether those Y plate MPDs would comply or not. I agree, it makes good sense as a short term solution as the Shires does/did have some older vehicles. It seems Arriva is starting to become more like First/Stagecoach with vehicles being transferred around more between divisions. If this continues, a national fleetnumbering scheme could become useful, as at the moment there's overlap between Midlands and the Shires fleetnumbers.

It seems there are quite a lot of changes happening at the moment related to how Arriva UK Bus operates, in particular, Southern Counties, Shires and Midlands.

It's being suggested that Stevenage/Ware/Hemel Hempstead will become part of Arriva Southern Counties. Aylesbury/High Wycombe/Milton Keynes/Luton will become part of Arriva Midlands and Garston will be split up with ASC, AM and Arriva London managing different parts of the operation.

I am under the impression there will be a new Midlands/Shires fleet and will be re-numbered. The only other thing i have heard is that Watford will be part of London.

PM

Quote from: BN on January 03, 2016, 11:10:27 AM
I am under the impression there will be a new Midlands/Shires fleet and will be re-numbered. The only other thing i have heard is that Watford will be part of London.

In some ways, it'd make sense to group all of Midlands/Shires/Southern Counties. Ironically that'd be a similar business to what First did with Potteries/Leicester/Midland Red/Northampton/Essex all grouped together. NE and Yorkshire seem to work well as a unit, London seems to be standalone. Wales and NW seems to be another unit.

It would make sense/cut costs to have Arriva working more along the lines of some of the larger groups, all the marketing is to a corporate identity template anyway so could easily all be done under one roof etc. Watford makes sense as part of London due to its proximity and operation of TfL work anyway. The only real anomaly will be the remaining bit of TGM run out of Heathrow airport, the E10 TfL route which will presumably be managed out of London.

BN

Busman Jamie

Bound to be reinstated or is she completley dead

Trident 4194

Quote from: Busman Jamie on January 09, 2016, 12:59:29 PM
Bound to be reinstated or is she completley dead

Involved in a fire, so doubt it will be reinstated

Bob

Caught fire in Willenhall.  Shame being 12 years old it was one of Wednesfield  garages newest buses lol

Busman Jamie

I was told that it was 2702

BN

Quote from: Bob on January 09, 2016, 02:46:47 PM
Caught fire in Willenhall.  Shame being 12 years old it was one of Wednesfield  garages newest buses lol

Absolutely correct Bob! She'll be back at some point mate.

PM

Quote from: BN on January 09, 2016, 03:34:47 PM

Good news as it's a nice bus, 2702 seems to be on the 17 quite often at the moment

Bob

Quote from: BN on January 09, 2016, 03:34:47 PM

Complete with an internal refurb lol?

BN

Quote from: Bob on January 09, 2016, 04:03:14 PM
Complete with an internal refurb lol?

To be fair Bob its all still intact with no damage just a bit of a hole in the floor. But yes it will have the seats retrimmed.

Solo1

What services are 2168 LK52URN  2270 SK52MLJ   2717 Y349UON &
2719 Y357UON  ON TO  DAY

BN

Quote from: Solo1 on January 16, 2016, 09:48:41 AM
What services are 2168 LK52URN  2270 SK52MLJ   2717 Y349UON &
2719 Y357UON  ON TO  DAY

2719 not out today.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk