News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Wednesfield Garage

Started by Discodave, February 09, 2013, 02:44:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trident 4609

2261 running the 65 today (Wood Estate-Darlaston) but displaying this:

https://flic.kr/p/CaV8Wq (Photo Courtesy of JE1791)

1 of arriva cadets have catched fire in willenhall today
by looking at the photo on the express and star it looks like 2701 or 2702
Wolverhampton Veg 😎

Ashley 60171

Trident 4609

Trident 4194

Ashley 60171

BN

2270 now transferred from Telford.

The 1.36 50 to wolverhmapton never turned up today my stepdad was waiting from 1.25 it and it never came any reason why.

But on the arriva app it was tracking at plantery road
Wolverhampton Veg 😎

NXWM Spectra

Quote from: 900 on December 30, 2015, 02:00:30 PM
The 1.36 50 to wolverhmapton never turned up today my stepdad was waiting from 1.25 it and it never came any reason why.

But on the arriva app it was tracking at plantery road

Planetary Road suggests that the bus had to make a trip to the garage there.

BN

2294 now on fleet here, transferred from Stafford.

Solo1

Quote from: BN on December 31, 2015, 04:15:16 PM
this was on 19 today saw 449 ex Walsall wondering if it will be on there on Monday

Bob

Quote from: BN on December 31, 2015, 04:15:16 PM

is it having a repaint / refurbished? Not in the heat condition

PM

Arriva the Shires/Southern Counties must be fairly desperate to be wanting/needing, in particular, ex Midland MPDs withdrawn from the Midlands. I presume it's to meet DDA and replace even older MPDs, still doesn't seem ideal!

BN

Quote from: DiamondDart on January 02, 2016, 02:42:50 PM
Arriva the Shires/Southern Counties must be fairly desperate to be wanting/needing, in particular, ex Midland MPDs withdrawn from the Midlands. I presume it's to meet DDA and replace even older MPDs, still doesn't seem ideal!

The Midlands had been sinngle deck DDA compliant for a number of months apart from 2 at Burton. As they had a surplus of DDA MPD's it was better to transfer them around other Arriva companies rather than scrap them. At a guess they will only be a short term solution till new deliveries start later in the year.

PM

Quote from: BN on January 02, 2016, 05:28:21 PM
The Midlands had been sinngle deck DDA compliant for a number of months apart from 2 at Burton. As they had a surplus of DDA MPD's it was better to transfer them around other Arriva companies rather than scrap them. At a guess they will only be a short term solution till new deliveries start later in the year.

Cheers for the info @BN I didn't know whether those Y plate MPDs would comply or not. I agree, it makes good sense as a short term solution as the Shires does/did have some older vehicles. It seems Arriva is starting to become more like First/Stagecoach with vehicles being transferred around more between divisions. If this continues, a national fleetnumbering scheme could become useful, as at the moment there's overlap between Midlands and the Shires fleetnumbers.

It seems there are quite a lot of changes happening at the moment related to how Arriva UK Bus operates, in particular, Southern Counties, Shires and Midlands.

It's being suggested that Stevenage/Ware/Hemel Hempstead will become part of Arriva Southern Counties. Aylesbury/High Wycombe/Milton Keynes/Luton will become part of Arriva Midlands and Garston will be split up with ASC, AM and Arriva London managing different parts of the operation.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk