News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Wednesfield Garage

Started by Discodave, February 09, 2013, 02:44:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BN

4715 now back at Wednesfield. Brought out of reserve.

Bob

I missed the X70 in wolves so caught the 71. Jesus christ it takes a ridiculously long route. People used to use the 68 from cannock to  wolves, I cant imagine anyone would wish to do so now. And the cadets compared with the full sized vehicles used by cannock previously have got next to nothing in legroom which makes for a pretty unpleasant journey unless you're a midget. Even old ladies legs are touching the seat  in front so imagine what it's like for an average sized guy like myself.  Is it Arriva's intention to kill off what's left of Cannocks bus network?

Cheese

Quote from: Bob on September 19, 2015, 12:59:20 PM
I missed the X70 in wolves so caught the 71. Jesus christ it takes a ridiculously long route. People used to use the 68 from cannock to  wolves, I cant imagine anyone would wish to do so now. And the cadets compared with the full sized vehicles used by cannock previously have got next to nothing in legroom which makes for a pretty unpleasant journey unless you're a midget. Even old ladies legs are touching the seat  in front so imagine what it's like for an average sized guy like myself.  Is it Arriva's intention to kill off what's left of Cannocks bus network?

And the point of that rant was? The 71 is subsidised by Centro and SCC, what do you expect? It's never going to be direct, that is the whole point of it, to serve the places other routes don't such as Essington and Olinthus Avenue. Only very slightly slower than the old 68 anyway, which was also a subsidised route. Perhaps SCC should have just got rid of the 68 entirely, is that what you want? Might as well, it's clearly a waste of time, serving places that aren't otherwise served. Would have just waited for the next X70 or caught the 154.

Westy

Still be interested to see what happens with NX 54 & 154 once the initial i54 contract concludes?

Are loadings enough for NX to continue without i54 involvement?

Bob

Slightly slower??? It took an hour and ten minutes to get to Longford estate!  There was a couple sat next to me said they'd never use it again. The bus had about 10 passengers for the whole journey in total. People did use the 68 end to end as I said. Looks like arriva have handed cheslyn hay to wolves passengers to NX on a plate. Besides it's not just the 71 they've ruined the Walsall routes as well. And like four buses an hour to Lichfield is gonna be commercially viable in the long run.  Have you not seen the Facebook page loads of people are p####d off to the max about how they've screwed up the network. Oh well. I can see interesting things occurring in the next few months

Ashley 60171

Quote from: Westy on September 19, 2015, 03:50:04 PM
Still be interested to see what happens with NX 54 & 154 once the initial i54 contract concludes?

Are loadings enough for NX to continue without i54 involvement?

The 54 has potential to go it alone I reckon. The 154 I couldn't give a definite answer as I only use the only services occasionally and I'm chauffeured all the way.

Bob

Quote from: Ashley 60171 on September 19, 2015, 04:00:17 PM
The 54 has potential to go it alone I reckon. The 154 I couldn't give a definite answer as I only use the only services occasionally and I'm chauffeured all the way.

The 154 gsuppose f to a bit of a doomed start with no timetables anywhere and arrivas ridiculous 'arriva 70 running as normal ' posters attached to every lamp post in Featherstone  ( which are still there even though the 70 is now only about twice a bloody day !!). I suppose it might have cheslyn hay potential but I'd imagine it'll get withdrawn.  I reckon there's potential for competition on the Walsall corridor though!

arrifirststage

Quote from: Bob on September 19, 2015, 03:57:56 PM
Slightly slower??? It took an hour and ten minutes to get to Longford estate!  There was a couple sat next to me said they'd never use it again. The bus had about 10 passengers for the whole journey in total. People did use the 68 end to end as I said. Looks like arriva have handed cheslyn hay to wolves passengers to NX on a plate. Besides it's not just the 71 they've ruined the Walsall routes as well. And like four buses an hour to Lichfield is gonna be commercially viable in the long run.  Have you not seen the Facebook page loads of people are p####d off to the max about how they've screwed up the network. Oh well. I can see interesting things occurring in the next few months

Bob,what I don't really understand is why you are complaining.If you knew,as you surely did before you used it,how long the journey time was,how can you criticise when the bus takes that long?
Could you just not have chosen another route to Cannock,there are surely enough of them?
If I want to go from Birmingham to Walsall and choose a 935 how can I complain at how long it takes,it is my own fault for not going on the 51/X51.
Or could it be the wicked Conservative Government's fault for introducing privatisation in the first place,thus giving everyone a choice............

Busman Jamie

ivde heard the 154 could be extending to Rugeley...

Westy

Based on that last comment, there could be a chance of restoring certain pre 1980 WMPTE South Staffs links, or am I jumping the gun here?

BK63 YWP

Quote from: Westy on September 19, 2015, 06:15:04 PM
Based on that last comment, there could be a chance of restoring certain pre 1980 WMPTE South Staffs links, or am I jumping the gun here?

Wasn't there an article in the local Tamworth paper stating that Tamworth Town Council wants to join the West Midlands Combined Authority. Maybe Lichfield/Cannock might do the same?
The Funny sounding Enviro 400

15 Wolverhampton to Merry Hill
15A Wolverhampton Merry Hill
16 Wolverhampton to Stourbridge

X10 Gornal Wood

Bob

Quote from: arrifirststage on September 19, 2015, 05:23:47 PM
Bob,what I don't really understand is why you are complaining.If you knew,as you surely did before you used it,how long the journey time was,how can you criticise when the bus takes that long?
Could you just not have chosen another route to Cannock,there are scompanyenough of them?
If I want to go from Birmingham to Walsall and choose a 935 how can I complain at how long it takes,it is my own fault for not going on the 51/X51.
Or could it be the wicked Conservative Government's fault for introducing privatisation in the first place,thus giving everyone a choice............

Giving everyone a choice? What f#####g planet are you on? Until the 154 you didn't have one unless you wanted to get a three times daily 67! Also pre privatisation we had a choice of wmpte midland red public sector and wars tones private sector. Under privatisation the eventual result ( as the rotting in hell Mrs Thatcher intended ) is one company having a virtual monopoly.  Choice.....hilarious

arrifirststage

Quote from: Bob on September 19, 2015, 06:55:31 PM
Giving everyone a choice? What f#####g planet are you on? Until the 154 you didn't have one unless you wanted to get a three times daily 67! Also pre privatisation we had a choice of wmpte midland red public sector and wars tones private sector. Under privatisation the eventual result ( as the rotting in hell Mrs Thatcher intended ) is one company having a virtual monopoly.  Choice.....hilarious

Sorry Bob,did you not realise the latter part of my post was tongue in cheek.....intended to provoke the very sort of rant it achieved.Try to calm down and not take things so seriously.
However,you have still not answered the original question which I and another poster asked.

Bob

Oh sorry. I have autism so alot of the time I take things literal. To be fair I didn't know the full time. I used to get there on 68 in just under an hour but didn't realise how much h of a slow ball ache it was going round them estates in wolves and the the Wyrley cheslyn hay bit. It would now put people off who used to go end to end

arrifirststage

Quote from: Bob on September 21, 2015, 11:54:32 AM
Oh sorry. I have autism so alot of the time I take things literal. To be fair I didn't know the full time. I used to get there on 68 in just under an hour but didn't realise how much h of a slow ball ache it was going round them estates in wolves and the the Wyrley cheslyn hay bit. It would now put people off who used to go end to end
I am sorry Bob,I didn't realise.....please accept my apology,I certainly would never try to be deliberately hurtful.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk