News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Wednesfield Garage

Started by Discodave, February 09, 2013, 02:44:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PM

Quote from: 646 on September 11, 2015, 05:35:37 PM
Why?

Extra bus required for 10 during Pattingham Road closure.

Won't fit round X68.

Fair enough, just thinking longer interurban routes...

Would love to see Central Buses do all of the 35, smarter, newer buses on there. Find it hard to believe how a heavily supported route would have loading issues unless concessionary reimbursement is incredibly low...

BN

Quote from: Bob on September 11, 2015, 07:02:45 PM
Overcrowding issues on 30s?  Certainly not at the Lichfield end...and besides there's not always even a cadet on theresometimes an mpd . And isn't that why you've got old daft deckers? For the 10? What's your take on running unregistered buses on the 74?  A good idea???

The 35 does extremely well thanks. Old daft deckers thanks again. I see your a big Arriva fan! But sometimes we know for fact even the decker isnt big enough.

PM

Quote from: BN on September 11, 2015, 07:26:36 PM
The 35 does extremely well thanks. Old daft deckers thanks again. I see your a big Arriva fan! But sometimes we know for fact even the decker isnt big enough.

Why did Arriva previously ditch it then? What's changed from before Midland took it over? And why is the 35B supported?

Alex

Quote from: Trident 4194 on September 11, 2015, 06:12:41 PM
It looks like an amazing bus to ride on

I've got it now on the 28E, and it's by far the best vehicle I've had on here! (Not a driver, by the way!) It's also got very comfy seats
Hypocrites are like flares... a right pain if one goes near you, and really annoying to get rid of...

My YouTube channel: Alex Jones

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXjxo69BfENu3fiWuzCNYyg

the trainbasher

@DiamondDart the 35B is the old 381 that Heartlands did

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

Steveminor

Noticed there was no reply to the unregistered 74 comment !!!

PM

Quote from: the trainbasher on September 11, 2015, 07:44:42 PM
@DiamondDart the 35B is the old 381 that Heartlands did

Cheers Trainbasher, Arriva did briefly run it though?

Bob

Quote from: BN on September 11, 2015, 07:26:36 PM

they are old?? No comment on the unregistered 74s then

Alex

Quote from: DiamondDart on September 11, 2015, 08:08:26 PM
Cheers Trainbasher, Arriva did briefly run it though?

@DiamondDart Yes, it was when the 35 had branded E200s around 2013-Mid 2014
Hypocrites are like flares... a right pain if one goes near you, and really annoying to get rid of...

My YouTube channel: Alex Jones

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXjxo69BfENu3fiWuzCNYyg

Ashley 60171

The anti Arriva gang haven't got anything better to do on their Friday nights I take it?

I've said before I've seen standing loads on the 10 and 35.

Steveminor

Well of course you have the seats are so filthy noone wants to sit on them

Ashley 60171

Quote from: Steveminor on September 11, 2015, 08:58:26 PM
Well of course you have the seats are so filthy noone wants to sit on them

Well on the one occasion a humongous dog had taken up the buggy bag and I hate dogs but normally all the seats are taken by people. I personally wish they'd not put the MPD on the peak journeys but it's not like they came from Travel Express lol. Both the MPD's and DLA's much nicer than the Eclipse 2's that pass my house so its worth the walk. Having 3618 for a while will be even better.

Bob

Are you seriously suggesting that any Dart is better than a b7rle?  The daft deckers are rubbish  they break down loads..

Trident 4609

Quote from: Bob on September 11, 2015, 09:15:35 PM
Are you seriously suggesting that any Dart is better than a b7rle?  The daft deckers are rubbish  they break down loads..

Do they? I can't recall the last time the ALX400's broke down?

Bob

They use to be regularly on the back of a tow truck when they ran the 19. The bells didn't work on most of them either  ( which I suspect would make them not roadworthy but this is arriva )

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk